Piggybacking off Karl's article about the upcoming season for the Heat, I felt obligated to share my thoughts on the Bulls' upcoming season.  Frankly I've been baffled with all the attention this team is receiving.  And then to top it off we have Carlos Boozer stating that anything short of a championship is a disappointment.

Are you kidding me?  This is a team that had a chance at LeBron, Wade or Bosh and came away with Boozer, Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver.  The same Carlos Boozer who had a lovely second round performance at the hands of the Flakers where they were swept.  I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league today.

Dude, where's my car?

Anyone who thinks Brewer or Korver is an upgrade over the departed-Kirk Hinrich doesn't know a thing about basketball.  And anyone who expects Boozer to help lead this team past the second round is delusional.   And you know as well as me that Kurt Thomas, Keith Bogans and CJ Watson won't make one bit of difference.

I understand the greatness of Derrick Rose- he's a terrific player.  But when did Noah become such a premier player?  And when could you count on an injury-free season from Luol Deng?  And exactly how many games has Tom Thibodeau won as a head coach?  I've mentioned before although I liked Tom as an assistant coach I don't think he has the charisma it will take to make a superb head coach.  (Not quite as horrid as Adrian Dantley, but not particularly good either).

Chicago is at the very best a 5 seed in my opinion.  They're not in the same stratosphere as Boston, Miami or Orlando and personally I don't think they're better than Atlanta or Milwaukee (as long as Bogut comes back fine).  So get ready for a 43 win, first round knockout Chicago fans.  Because your summer was subpar and this team isn't competing with the big boys anytime soon.

tb727 9/07/2010 11:25:00 AM Edit

You're not going to get the top free agents when your GM wears suits like that.

Rose, actually, isn't a great player. He's a great scorer, but as a point guard he's got as much floor sense as Marcus Banks. He'll never win a championship as his team's best player. The Bulls are doomed to mediocrity.

Last year the bulls 41 games with players like Tyrus Thomas, Hakim Warrick, and Flip Murray. An don't get me started on the likes of Pargo and Lindsey Hunter! The Bulls have upgraded in atleast 3-4 positions.

I hope you don't believe the Celtics aquisitions are all that special. The old O'neal brothers will fit in nicely next to the often injured KG.

This year Rose, Boozer, Noah and company will knock Boston right out of the playoffs if they face each other. Your team is too old to keep up with us anymore. You should have won last year because the window is now closed.

5. Honestly, the bulls scare me more than Miami does. I'm wary of this team.

6. John Paxson says:

Yeah Tyrus Thomas, Brad Miller and Kirk Hinrich- 3 solid players. Boozer is mightily overrated and Brewer and Korver fucking suck.

Peace Chicago, you don't have a shot and you're not better than last year.

Yes last Anonymous, Paul Pierce is losing sleep over being defended by Korver on the wing. Get real. Celtics are infinitely better than Chicago. Hope you make the playoffs, won't be stunned if you don't...

8. Karl says:

Ya, I agree TB. Boozer misses about half the games every season. I don't see that changing. Korver and Noah are solid role players but nothing else. Now if they had added Lebron then that would've been scary cause they'd have a go to superstar scorer and all the role players fitting around them. Boozer is not a Tier 1 or 2 elite player in this league.

9. Karl says:

fitting around him*

I have always liked Kirk Hinrich. He's my height but he always seemed to play taller than he is. In my opinion he was a solid choice on that 7th spot in '03 draft. Much better than the second spot anyway.
    Even though his numbers dropped he is great defender and will be good again in Washington. Plus he was the closest thing to a leader Bulls had.
    And Boozer? Forget about it!

11. CAkE says:

HEY GUYS.... CRACK KILLS!

THE HEAT, CELTICS & MAGIC WILL HAVE BETTER RECORDS BUT THEBULLS WILL BE THE #3 SEED.

I kind of like Chicago's chances to be one of the top teams in the East. Though Thibbs has no experience as a head coach he has managed well his time as an assistant and has earned the respect from the players and from the league necessary to be given such a chance. I think he will do fine.

Concerning Boozer, I agree that he's overrated but the guy can really ball. When focused he is a scoring machine and impossible to stop. Ronnie Brewer is a solid wing, Korver can hit the 3, Rose is one of the best young guards in the league, Noah is a very good player despite my increasing hate towards him...

Of course they are not on the Celtics level, but I think they can surprise some people this year. We'll see though!

By the way, I forgot to mention that Milwaukee will also be a terrific team this year. If they recover Bogut, with Jennings and the system displayed by coach Skiles...they can do some damage.

14. Agree on the Bucks. They are going to be tough.

15. Jason says:

"The old O'neal brothers will fit in nicely next to the often injured KG."

How the hell is Garnett "Often injured" the guy has been one of the most durable players in the NBA for nearly 15 years now. He's had one major injury, and now he's injury prone?

I'll give you that major knees injuries like that create more risk, the muscles and tendons will never get back to where they were, but one major injury over a 15 year career doesn't make someone "often injured." Bottom line is KG is one of the hardest working, best conditioned athletes in the game, if he gets injured again, it will be a freak occurrence that could happen to anyone anytime.

The Bulls Dont Have A Chance Of Winning A Title The bucks Might Beat the Bulls I Also Think That The Celtics Can And Will Beat The Heat Sorry Heat Fans My Celtics Are Too Deep This Year

Excellent point Jason.

@Jason KG played on one leg last year. He isn't the same player he was in 2008.

Its funny to see all you Celts fans talk smack. This is a team that coasted all of last year before turning it on in the playoffs behind a strong defensive effort. Face the East just got a hell of a lot tougher. Miami and Chicago both got major boosts in talent and will be contenders. Sure Boozer is not LeBron or Wade but he addresses a huge hole the Bulls needed with his low post scoring. The Bulls were already a solid rebounding team get another strong rebounder at 4 to round out the front court.

Sure Noah isn't a superstar but he is a guy who is going to do your dirty work. Clean the glass, set the picks, dive for loose balls. He is the guy that is going to play help defense on the weak side and recover to his man. He will be the guy defending in the post saving Boozer and allowing to carry the scoring load.

It isn't like the C's don't have their own questions. How much does Ray have in the tank? Has Pierce lost a step? Can KG's knee hold up? Will they take a step back on D without Thibs?

This is an old team that got even older with fat Shaq and Busted Jermaine. Its very possible the Celts will drop down a 4th or 5th seed. Hell this could even blow up like it did for the heat back in 07.

I think Celtic fans need a reality check.

19. GreenBlood says:

Lol having a single injured year doesn't make them injury prone so whoever is saying that should just stop watching basketball ;)Yeah sure the Celtics coasted the regular season, but I see that more as a compliment, considering what happened during the playoffs, that they actually were able to just turn it on like that. If they decided to do that during the regular season, who knows, they might had a better record than the Cavs. But better record wasn't really the goal of the Celtics. It's to get to the Championship with everyone healthy and they just did that.

Its the bulls that need reality check.. It just like the Jazz transfered to the East but replaced Williams with Rose which is an obvious downgrade. Call Shaq ancient, but have you seen Noah defend him? Shaq still owns him. I forecast a future of Noah getting a lot of spin moves from Shaq =)) Maybe before you put your team in line with the Celts, worry bout the Bucks first, heard someone from their team said they'r better than the Bulls. Maybe in a year or two Baby bulls. ;) Enjoy watching the Celtics in the finals :)

Thank you GreenBlood.

And last Anonymous, yes the Celtics got older but they're still a better team than Chicago- more talented and considerably deeper.

And like I said in the article, get prepared for your first round knockout.

Boozer's out 8 weeks with a fractured hand. Like I said, get ready for your annual first round exit Bulls' fans!