- Chris Johnson and Chris Babb, both on non-guaranteed contracts, were waived.
- Expect newcomers Malcolm Thomas and John Lucas III, also on non-guaranteed deals, to be waived as well.
- Evan Turner will finally be signed to a real live NBA contract.
- The other two players acquired from the Cavs, Dwight Powell and Erik Murphy, should be the 19th and 20th guys on the C's training camp roster, putting them at the maximum number allowed.
- Boston will have to trim that number down to 15 before the season starts.
- Camp invitees Tim Frazier, Rodney McGruder and Christian Watford can all be let go, as can Murphy, who's on a non-guaranteed contract as well.
- That still leaves the C's with 16 players who they are committed to paying this season.
- They could just cut Powell and eat his $500,000 salary, or there may be another move coming.
And in case you were wondering:
@LucidSportsFan no, still gotta move a contract in order to get to 15 for regular season. young's salary counts to team regardless.
— Chris Forsberg (@ESPNForsberg) September 26, 2014