12/15/2015 08:48:00 AM
While the Celtics were preparing for their home game tonight against the Cavaliers, who it is important to note they will only be a game back of if they were to win, there were 20 teams in action last night. Here are some things you should know about:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets lost at home to the Magic and are now 7-17. However, the Pelicans (6-17) lost as well to the Blazers, so Brooklyn remains in sole possession of the fourth worst NBA record and only a game behind New Orleans for the third worst. The Celtics own the Nets 2016 first-round draft pick.
2. The Timberwolves, who are 9-14, were idle last night. However, with the Rockets, Jazz and Suns losing last night, they actually gained a game on the eighth seed and start today only a game back. Minnesota will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 13-30. If Minnesota's pick falls between 1-12, they will instead convey their second-round picks in 2016 and 2017. This pick would NOT be conveyed if the season were to end today.
3. The Mavericks defeated the Suns 104-94 to move to 14-11 and in sole possession of the fifth seed in the Western Conference. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season were to end today.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
4. The Nets lost the Magic 105-82.
5. The Raptors were defeated by the Pacers 106-90.
6. The 76ers lost to the Bulls 115-96. The Sixers are on pace for approximately three wins this season.
Atlantic Division as of 12/15
Boston 14-10 (1 GB)
New York 11-14
7. Paul Pierce played 11 minutes in the Clippers OT win over the Pistons. He finished with 2 points on 2 free throws, 1 rebound and 1 steal.
8. Gerald Green played 31 minutes in the Heat's win over the Hawks last night. He finished with 20 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal.
9. Marcus Thornton played 21 minutes off the bench in the Rockets loss to the Nuggets last night. He finished with 13 points, and a shocking minus-23 considering the fact they only lost by six points.
10. Jeff Green started and played 40 minutes in the Grizzlies win over the Wizards. He finished with 15 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 turnovers.
WHAT'S ON TAP FOR TONIGHT?
Cavaliers @ Celtics
Nuggets @ Timberwolves
Rockets @ Kings
Bucks @ Lakers
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
12/15/2015 08:48:00 AM