It's All About Me
Can Shaquille O'Neal change his last name to Kardashian already? This man will do anything to stay in the limelight. Excerpts from Shaq's new autobiography continue to spill out and Shaq continues his tradition of bashing former teammates. The book has the obligatory shots at Kobe and some new stuff on former Cavs teammate LeBron James. Shaq also goes after former coach Mike Brown. Previously from excerpts we've read Shaq dish dirt on Rajon Rondo and Danny Ainge. Today Glen Davis and Nate Robinson are thrown under the bus.

Boston Globe
“Big Baby” Davis kept looking me off and taking it himself. Doc is shouting at him to go inside, but he won’t. So Doc calls timeout and draws up a play for me. I go out there, and I back Andrew Bynum way under the rim. I’m loose, I’m ready. I’ve got Bynum under the basket and again, Baby won’t give me the ball. So I go up to him and say, “If you ever miss me again I’m going to punch you in the face.” I was hot.
Two nights later we’re playing in Sacramento and here we go again. I take three shots the entire game and again I’ve got my man isolated underneath the basket, and Baby ignores me and takes a jump shot. So the next time we’re in the huddle I let Baby have it.

I tell him, “Pass the [expletive] ball inside.” He comes back at me a little bit and now I’m really heated. All hell is breaking loose. We’re going back and forth. Doc is standing there and he’s not saying a word. The message is pretty clear: Work this out yourselves. I tell Baby, “You’re a selfish player. Everyone on this team knows it.” Hey, all the fans knew it. He takes shots when he shouldn’t.
Red's Army has a nice column where they essentially call bull shit on Shaq's recollection with video evidence.

Here's the Nate stuff.
I wasn’t surprised at all when he got traded. Nate was always trying to get noticed by the public. He was always tweeting videos of himself punking his teammates ... Some people are a little too focused on Twitter and Nate was one of them. He was too worried about how many followers he had. He kept saying, “Shaq, I need more people. Help me out.”
Here's the Nate stuff.
Yeah Shaq, too bad Nate can't be more like you huh and not spend so much time "trying to get noticed by the public?"

JR 11/03/2011 05:51:00 PM Edit

I'm surprised he did the book with Jackie MacMullan, figured he would've gone the route of Bill Eat MY Dick Plashke or JA Fanboy Adande. They're a couple of lowlifes.

I lost A LOT of respect when Shaq left Orlando for the same contract for lal. I was fine with him last year on the Celtics but he really should just shut it at this point.

His next book will be with a less respected writer I'm sure.

Shaq left Orlando b/c he was jealous of Penny Hardaway. Then he wanted out of LA b/c he was jealous of Kobe. Then he was fine with Wade for a couple years, b/c Wade pretended Shaq was the man in Miami. Shaq should of retired 5 years ago. He's been a negative to teams since then. Heat improved after he left. Suns got worse with him and then made WCF once he left. Cavs worsened with him. C's worsened with him.

I don´t think the C's worsened with him. We were playing our best basketball when he was healthy. And I didn't hear any complaint whatsoever about him last year while he was active. Everybody spoke well of him. KG was quoted saying lots of good things about him and Garnett doesn't normally do that for everybody.

Now, he is writing about his career and he may be talking a little bit too much about former teammates but that's what people want to read about. Everybody can know more things about his relationship with Kobe or Lebron. He just gives want people want.

And finally, everybody knows Baby shot too much last year. And what is more, the kind of shots he took is what makes this kind of comments to appear. This is not the first time someone complains about Davis since he is with the C's.

So far, I haven't seen anybody saying anything bad about Shaq while he played with Boston.

So to me, Shaq is just being a showman now but I am glad he played with us and gave all he had. It was too bad he didn't have too much gas left in the tank.

4. JR you are absolutely correct in everything you say. Yet at the time it sounded so promising and exciting...

5. marco says:

well what he says about Baby. He has a point. Big Baby is selfish and not really a smart player. I think besides his physics and power he can't offer much. We should try to get rid of him once the pre-season begins.

6. Shaqs old so he probably doesnt have the best memory.

Bohemian the reason I say the Celtics worsened with Shaq is because of the whole "when he was healthy" part you mentioned. He's broken down the past several seasons (which happens with big men who gain a lot of weight), so regardless how we looked with Shaq at first, it was only time before he became useless and the team would be worse for having him. One of the reasons Danny traded Perk was because he foolishly thought Shaq would be healthier than Perk for the stretch drive, which recent history shows was a poor bet. When was the last time Shaq was a major force in the playoffs? (The playoffs should of been what mattered to the 2010/2011 Celtics. Not early season games).

lol @Mike Saver's comment. :)

Trade that FAT ASS DAVIS!!! HE'S USELESS...WE THINKS HES A SCORER LIKE CARMELO ANTHONY...GET HIM OUT OF BOSTON...NO SHOW IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO

Not really Shaq who worsened us the last season. You could say the C's worsened with JO last season for the "when he was healthy". Or with Perk for "when he was healthy".
    The thing that has worsened is Shaq's image and it's quite obvious why. If you want to bash guys like Rondo, Nate or Baby (well, especially Rondo and Baby) who have looked up to you their whole career, you do it in private. I'm quite surprised Jackie MacMullan didn't break his nose with a lamp post or something for bullshit like that. He got caught with his hand in the cookie jar by the video break downs and that hurts his image a lot.
    Anyway, it's obvious he isn't able to live without the publicity and he tries really hard to get to the public eye. It makes me sad for I have always tried to make him look better in those disputes. I was wrong, obviously.

11. YGR says:

@Anon above me. if you're gonna be mad at Davis for being a no show in the playoffs, you should be mad at the entire team except for Rajon Rondo and Delonte West. Rondo was great when healthy, and then he was injured, so those games didn't count, because he could only do so much with one arm. and D West was lighting it up against Miami.

The big 4 showed up against New York, and no one else did. But they didn't need to since New York suffered injuries such as Billups' injury and Stoudemire missed a game with an injury and even though he played game 4, you could tell his back was affecting his game.

In the second round against Miami, no one except for D West played great on a daily basis. Most everyone was solid in game 3. but the rest of the series we were just terrible. and like I said, Rondo couldn't do much with one arm so blame for being ousted early doesn't fall on him.

So we might as well trade the entire team (excluding Rondo and West) since they were basically a no show in the playoffs. HA, YEAH RIGHT.

12. ComeBackKid says:

I liked Shaq on the team. Rondo got him the ball and he scored with ease, but I do not like Davis. He is lazy and only cares about himself. He only cares about himself and he really isnt good in my opinion. The only think Davis does right is taking charges...
    I don't think Shaq is looking for the limelight. He is just voicing his stuff. Soooo many celebrities write books and it is just a way for their fans to get to know them better and know their situations better.
    But please get rid of "Big Baby".

13. Did Shaq say anything about Glen Davis that wasn't already obvious?

shaq is on a rant man he needs to chill getting on everyone for past times. Seems like he is need of attention

15. Wow. Shaq sure is two faced. He acts cool w/teammates in front of the cameras, but then goes and talks shit about everyone behind the scenes -_-

I really have lost a LOT of respect for him now that I see/hear/read all of this shit about him (I didn't pay much attention at all to him until last year when the C's signed him).

@JR, I think the Shaq icon in the shoutbox needs to go - replace it w/one of the 'icons-that-didnt-make-the-cut'. Im sure people will enjoy those ;)

Yeah Nate and Baby have never said anything negative about Shaq. Neither has Rondo for that matter. Shaq must hate Shrek and Donkey. lol.

And good call on the icon thing PBB.

Jealous of Kobe? Come on. Kobe's a whore for attention and he's not exactly a team player so the fact that Shaq had a problem with him just shows how real he is. I think anyone with a sense of self would find Kobe tough to be around. To say teams worsened with Shaq is lame. That's just out and out false. The C's were bad on their own. They didn't sign Shaq to play 2 quarters. They weren't expecting him to be key. That's why he got the minimum contract or did you forget that? There's nothing wrong with Shaq giving his opinion on former teammates. Isn't that what writing a book is all about? He's entitled to his opinion and it's not throwing anyone under the bus. Some of the comments here are from people who are unrealistic. Do you think Shaq should just write warm and fuzzy stuff? That would be dishonest. The Shaq haters have been waiting for their chance to criticize and they always come out when they see an opportunity.