Guest Post by ronit07 (all the way from Hong Kong)

With the draft coming and we are in search of a big strong center,today we look at BISMACK BIYOMBO from Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo.

His profile:
-6'8 without shoes and 6'9 with shoes.
-245 lbs (111 kg)
-Wingspan of 7'6
-Body fat of 4.2 only

Nba scouting reports:
Strengths-
* Strong body for his age
* Great physical condition (4.8 percent body fat)
* Incredible wingspan and reach for his size (7-foot-7 wingspan and 9-foot-3 standing reach)
* Explosive jumper, rebounder and shot-blocker
* Strong offensive rebounder; aggressive to the ball
* Tenacious defender
* Runs the floor well, rim to rim
* Vocal leader; very mature for his age

2.Weaknesses-
* Offensive game away from the basket
* Limited range
* Free-throw shooting

3.2010-11 Season-
Started season at Illescas before being moved straight to ACB at Fuenlabrada. Very productive, especially in rebounding and shot-blocking in limited minutes.

4.Key stats-
2009-10 Illescas (Spain LEB-Silver) – 14 games, 21.4 mpg, 9.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.5 bpg
2009-10 Fuenlabrada (Spain-ACB) – 14 games, 16.6 mpg, 6.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.3 bpg

5.Cool statistic-
Recorded the first triple-double in the history of the Nike Hoop Summit, scoring 12 points with 11 rebounds and 10 blocks in the April, 2011 event.

6.Reminds the scout/writer of-
A cross between Ben Wallace and Serge Ibaka

7.What Insiders Say-
Roy Rana, head coach World Select Team, 2011 Nike Hoop Summit
"Bismack does so many spectacular things. He’s a phenomenal talent."

8.NBA Scout-
"His effort, heart, shot-blocking, offensive rebounding and attempt at leadership were big. Very raw though."

Now my thoughts:
-As you may have guessed I m loving this guy's potential and athleticism,any player who is compared to Ben Wallace is always a plus in my book of basketball.
-Could reach his full potential given a good coach,mentors and time which all fits in well with the celtics
-He could be Rajon Rondo's dunking alley-oop machine with the athleticism,he has got and new toy.
-Could learn alot of basketball QI.

I hope you liked my article and Please share your thoughts with us! THANK YOU

Guest Post by ronit07

JR 6/23/2011 05:02:00 AM Edit

1. ronit07 says:

Thank you again JR for the post and I m gonna come up with a new draft profile too :P

2. ronit07 says:

I m sorry I dont know how to put vids on the articles and so I am going to show you guys one here,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0rf9c7PQ

Biyombo is very, very raw but with loads of potential. It will depend on which team he arrives, chemistry, coaching and everything. I hope he has a good career.

4. "With the draft coming and we are in search of a big strong center..."

??? He is only 6'8/6'9?
    umm...

Well anyways, good (1st) post, ronit07.

5. ronit07 says:

thank you all for your comments but @B18(ᴘᴇᴀɴᴜᴛ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙ. ) i think??Remember that even our great celtic legend bill russell was 6'9 and he was great??

6. I dont know if that is a statement or a question.
    And if you compare this guy who has never played in the NBA to Bill Russell, why dont we compare Baby to Russell - all of them are/were 6'8/6'9 big men.

Ben Wallace isn't exactly a giant and he has had a great career PBB. There are ways to make up for the lack of height.

Giant afro for example.

9. ronit07 says:

HAHAHAHA True Jenda :),but you know eveyone has their own opinion so its your choice :)

He is gone :(

Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with afterward you can write if not it is difficult to write.

Check out my webpage - dummy buggy

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I
    guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.
    Do you have any tips and hints for beginner blog
    writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.

Check out my webpage; Adderall Abuse ()