Tonight is the night. The season comes down to Game 2 in Miami this evening. If the Celtics go down 2-0 I just can't see them winning this series. We know the big 4 will come out to play, but who else is going to step up?

Who is going to take the challenge and become the next Leon Powe, PJ Brown, or Nate Robinson? I'll never forget Game 2 of the 2008 Finals when Leon Powe, my 3rd favorite NBA player ever (behind Bird and Scal), scored 21 points. He was dunking all over the Lakers. A certified beast indeed. It's a shame we picked up the corpse of Troy Murphy instead of him.

Or what about PJ Brown in the Cavs series with his rebounding and key jumpers. Not to be outdone, I witnessed first hand Nate Robinson's clutch performance in Game 6 of last year's conference finals against the Magic. We need a performance like this.

I don't count Big Baby in this discussion. To me, he is essentially a starter. I'm talking Jermaine O'Neal, Delonte, Krstic, but most of all Jeff Green. I understand he's used to being a starter, but he can play better than he has. If he can step it up for one game I think we win this series. This is the momentum changing game tonight. We weren't going to take two games in Miami. That just isn't realistic. Who is going to step up and deliver? Who is going to etch their name into Celtics history? We need it tonight.

Karl Dillinger 5/03/2011 12:31:00 PM Edit

Celtics will win, Miami Heat awakened The Green Monster, he has lay dormant for years but now has risen again to kick the dogshit outta the heat and send them crying to their locker rooms

I think Delonte or Jermaine are the candidates. Hot blooded, revenge-filled candidates with subpar seasons. I'm thinking Delonte will hit some clutch shots tonight

jermaine will get 6 blocks

I'm thinking Delonte hitting DWade. And I'm OK with it if he puts his soul into it.

5. If Shaq can get back i feel good about Shaq, JO, Davis, Krstic > Perkins, Brown, Powe, Fat Baby

6. .chuckT. says:

LOL@Jesse! - i agree.

I see Jeff, JO, & Delonte being the punch off the bench alongside Baby - that is, if Shaq returns and starts (which im sure he will).
    This bench is better than the one we had in 08 - they just need to be much more consistent - they will be a strong force.

I can't imagine Jeff Green coming through. I don't know anything about basketball but Jeff Green is a really average player in the NBA in my opinion. I don't think Shaq could make it down the floor fast enough to block a shot or get a rebound. Rondo has to play well, like he is capable of. Washington Post has a really good article today on this match up. And Delonte has to play extremely well. But LeBron is like God to the refs. They do what he says. He rules the court which is so irritating to me and so unfair!

8. HeatFan says:

The corpse of JO is supposed to impact the game? xD Man, you Celtics fans are really desperate. Green is not part of the team, he's not wanted since he replaced Perk, he's useless and weak. Delonte should stop tryin' to dunk. You have no real bench. 35 year old Ray has to play over 40 minutes. Tony Allen is killin' in Memphis, Sheed gave you a good boost last year, Marquis was a nice lift of the bench and Nate brought some nice energy. Who do you have now? It's stupid to think you have a better bench than in the past years. It's over ladies and gentlemen!

9. MatthewGen says:

@heatfan the thing is, if heat loose, I bet you'll change your name to 'bullsfan'..

10. HeatFan says:

@Matthew Nah, man. Don't worry. DWade is my favourite player. It's not my fault Lebron decided to be Pippen for the Heat.

11. Louis Q. says:

Why is a Heat fan in a Celtic fan page ? What you ran out of things to do ?

12. I want reckless and emotionally volatile KG to come back. Its time.

13. Nevermind thats all he has left. Father time is an asshole.