About his comments tweaking the Heat, Barkley said: “I don’t know if Dwyane’s upset with me, but I don’t sit around and worry about it.” He said LeBron James hasn’t said anything to him. “These athletes today are all wussified,” Barkley said. “I’ve been saying LeBron’s been the best player in the league for three years. And I say one thing criticizing The Decision, and I get a phone call from Nike saying why don’t I like LeBron? It’s interesting how this [expletive] works. These groups today, if you don’t say 100 percent positive about their guy or their team, they overreact.”

So how many titles can the Heat realistically win? “First of all, they haven’t won one yet,” Barkley said. “Oh yeah, you all did. After you all beat Boston, you were all praying and [celebrating]. I forgot about that. Do you all count this one [Chicago] as the second?”
Nike coddling of LeBron makes me want to stop buying anything Nike. Remember two Summers ago when Jordan Crawford was a no name college kid until he dunked on LeBron in a Summer pick-up game and Nike went all gestapo seizing all video footage of the dunk? Well if you don't remember it happened. Ha. Well them calling Barkley here is as ridiculous. And you know they've placed more calls. It's just that Barkley is one of the few who will speak up.

Loved Chuck's dig about the Heat's championship celebration after they beat the Celtics last round. After the jump check out Joakim Noah calling the Heat "Hollywood as Hell," as well as the TNT crew's reaction.

JR 5/27/2011 04:53:00 AM Edit

Noah's a fucking bitch. What does that even mean? If his sorry ass wasn't such an offensive liability he'd be on the floor down the stretch and maybe the Bulls could've won. But he sucks!

Charles Barkley enough said

_Johnny

"Hollywood as hell" - The Miami Heat is made up of three of the best All stars in the NBA. Two of them decided to go to a team which had one of the best players to make an ultra team and win a championship. It's not natural, it's hollywood. Have you ever watched a movie because there were two or three big name actors in it?
    Same thing.

4. Karl says:

I love Barkley

It's not like Noah is lying. The Heat are the media darling team we've all saw it from day one until the end. Have u watched ESPN? Do u see how ESPN network, ESPN's Chris Broussard and others salivate over the Heat? No doubt the Heat are a good team, but getting all those whistles, free throws really helped them too.

Ugh..the Heat!

Ha I agree with first Anonymous 1000%! Nicely said!

I agree with Noah 1000%! Nicely said! Mavs in 6!

Yeah Barkley and Noah are both on the money. Anyone that roots for the hollywood as hell team is a bitch.

HELL YES I ALSO AGREE WITH BARKLEY. MARY

10. QD says:

Lol, I don't like Noah as much as the next, but he's right. DWade crys everytime someone looks at him wrong. Bron moaning about his cold. Bosh bitching about people diving near his legs(hustling for balls)(reg season). Dropping to your knees after only winning the 2nd round of the playoffs = HOLLYWOOD! These guys are diva's to the fullest and all the extra stuff is distracting, and makes it hard to take them serious.

I understand all the Heat hate, but the guys are talented, much more talented than Chicago, and deserved to win.

Besides it could be much worse folks: it could be Bean and the Flakers in the Finals.

12. QD says:

tb that is true, they are talented very talented, that's why you don't need all the extra stuff, it takes away from what they are doing. They're being laughed at on national tv and deserve that as much as any praise they recieve.

13. QD says:

*receive*

I don't get the "deserved to win" part TB. Obviously they're talented. They're a super team. LeBron teamed up with one of the top players in the game b/c he got tired of failing to win on his own. Then they also added another top 10 player. The Bulls were the underdog and play more like a team, so if anyone deserves to win more I'd say it was them. I'd also say Dirk and Kidd deserve to win more than the Heat, but the Heat are more talented. Are you also saying the Heat "deserve" to beat the Mavs? Did the Heat deserve to beat the celtics b/c they were more talented than Boston? Do the Heat deserve to win the next 6 titles?

I don't really get the "extra stuff" either QD. I'm looking at it objectively. There's lots of arrogance shown by different people at different times of the game.

When the Celtics knocked off Cleveland in round 2 in game 7 of 2008, Eddie House threw the ball up to the rafters. We all remember Glen Davis after knocking down the shot to beat Orlando in Game 4 at the buzzer in the 09 Conference Semifinals going bonkers. Doc Rivers even did an emphatic fist pump.

Did you see Taj Gibson yell in game 1 when he had the dunk on Wade? Or Boozer screaming when Rose dunked in one of the games?

Or for that matter let's go back to the Knicks of the 90s, with John Starks pointing at his jersey after 3 pointers made in the second quarter of regular season games.

Basketball's an emotional sport and players celebrate in different ways. I don't think Miami is as arrogant as people are making them out to be. In fact I feel Wade is one of the more humble stars in the league.

Do I wish everyone had the demeanor of Tim Duncan out there? I sure do. But that's not the norm.

Talent wins in this league. Hard work takes you very far but other than the 2004 Pistons, I can't think of a team that won a title that didn't have top notch talent.

Sometimes teams are so evenly matched (Lakers-Celtics in the 1980s) that one team has to lose.

But for this particular series Miami absolutely deserved to win- they outplayed them in 4 of 5 games AND they are the vastly superior talented team.

Dallas is a much more talented team than Chicago. So are the Celtics. So it'd make more sense for those teams to put up a better fight against Miami.

The Heat deserved to win not because of their greatness, but because of Chicago's ineptitude. Those clowns played WAY over their head all year. Smoke and mirrors only gets you so far. Ask the 1990s Knicks. And the 1990s Heat. There's a reason those teams never beat Jordan and the Bulls. And it's an identical reason to why the Bulls didn't stand a chance. Outside of Rose that team's a fucking joke.

17. QD says:

Basketball is very emotional, that I know, but what I mean by extra... the major press conferences after reg season games, crygate, the dropping to knees after winning the second round of playoffs(screams look at me, look at me), the comments like everyone is happy now, we lost, that extra stuff. THE PRE SEASON FIREWORKS, DANCING AND CELEBRATING, ON A STAGE etc etc etc.. could go on but...

As far as Glen Davis, you can't compare that. He is considered a mediocre player, that hit a game winning buzzer beating shot, and his coach was happy, completely different situation. House throwing a ball into the stands, don't see the arrongance/Hollywood in that, but maybe I missed something.

I also never said that no one else is guilty of being over the top, but what I did was comment about the Heat on a post about the Heat. If we were discussing another team I would have stated my opinion about that team. As far as being objective, me being a fan of the Celtics has nothing to do with my opinion about them being extra. You don't have to be a fan of another team to see that this entire season as been a little over the top for the Heat. You would have to be a Heat homer not to see it though. There's a lot of people to blame as well, but the players played a huge hand in it.

PS I personally don't want every player to be like Duncan, that would make for a boring sport. But the things that I mentioned before, for me, makes it hard to take them seriously winning or not, Celtic fan or not.

the fact is that these guys all got together and said they were going to win multiple titles together, and to me it seems like they are elated with themselves for just making it to the next round.. so for these guys to talk all this crap about a bunch of titles they sure seem to over react when they are still so far from their goals that they predicted to have.
    for wade it seems sad to me cause hes the only one with a ring and hes been there b4 but isn't showing that after each win of a series u would think that he would get it a lil more.. and bosh and lebron i just expect it from them cause they are both bitches .. i just think that over all when i predict things like multiple championships you should show a little more composure and poise because you havent won anything yet.. good example is boston that franchise only hangs championship banners and nothing more.. point blank

Good analysis QD! Makes sense, especially the part last summer with the fireworks. Totally uncalled for!

20. Louis Q. says:

I don't hate the Heat for beating my Celtics like most people seem to do,even though the Miami Heat are Hollywood ; Noah shouldn't really be saying anything in my opinion ... I know he's just mad because his team lost and he brought nothing to offer. Now on to Charles Barkley ; I like that guy because he's funny and he jokes around ... But I hate some of his comments like these, even though Nike is all over LeBron; his extra comments and thoughts I believe should be kept to himself cause him too never won a championship ring and he basically talks shit about every team and player in the league when they have a hard time. I like him but sometimes it's like damn man shut up ...

Chuck can not be more right. Even minor criticisms are met with over-reactions. LeBron needs to grow a pair. And lose most of the hangers-on and interlopers

22. Charles sound so stupid...they didnt join because they wanted 2 be "hollywood" they wanted 2 win championships. Charles is jus mad because he didnt win any championships