My source indicates this deal is close.  Marquis would be bought out and then return to Boston.

tb727 2/24/2011 12:23:00 PM Edit

1. Thats a lame trade! who cares about Parker!

2. Do not trade Harangody. I will go on strike from the Celtics. Trade Semih.

Marquis isn't playing this year. Even if he's bought out, save the roster spot for someone who can actually suit up.

4. Neil Anderson says:

thats a horrible trade...parker isnt even good...if we do it at least keep Harangody

I agree JR, but Marquis can veto the trade and doesn't want to goto Cleveland. He'll allow this to go through if he gets to return to Boston.

All from my source in Secaucus, NJ...very credible...

TB, this rumor has legs then?

I like it, Parker is a very decent player

7. Three Toe says:

we are trying to replace injured players... so we get rid of the injury and another player who CAN play to get one player in return? who is gonna fill the open roster spot aka what is the point of this?

Well TB does know a guy in the NBA, so maybe it has legs. But we'll have to wait and see.

9. my GOD.. why harangody? cmon guys.. we need big men now because of the injury of two oneal. trade bradley..

10. Neil Anderson says:

i agree with Three Toe.... but i think if we r gonna trade someone, trade Quis and Nate and maybe a pick to try and get a decent big man and a backup for Pierce

yes Bohemian, rumor has some serious legs right now

Three Toe, Harangody is moved and it opens up the roster spot for Marquis to be allowed back. Daniels wants NOTHING to do with the Cavs according to the guy I'm in contact with.

Harangody is not a big man...an undersized 4 who struggles at the 3 so far

Awesome TB! :) And no wonder Marquis wants nothing to do with the Cavs ;)

14. Three Toe says:

right TB, i know that we get quis back, but what's the point? we are essentially trading luke for anthony. whoopdee damn doo. it doesn't give us more active players. all it gives us is less cash and no 1st round pick.

Haha Harangody is like 6'5 Boehmian, which makes him a big man in today's short NBA lol

16. bballee says:

Was writing when you posted this. Parker not bad choice. There is that age thing again, though. Also he's a little small, as was Marquis, to check small forwards. I love Gody but don't see him as a major piece even down the road. Hate to give up the pick though. Guess I would rather have Moon or Gomes if Sterling could be placated with cash.

17. Get Gomes for Quis and the pick. Keep Harangody. Also, sign Ricky Davis, Jiri Welsch, and Stephon Marbury.

...Seriously though, keep Gody.

Does Bailey get a refund on his Luke shirt if he's traded today?

19. As long as we keep Semih I'm happy. He's the life of the team.

20. I was trying to avoid that question JR. I'm in denial right now, eventually if the trade does go through, I'll move on to acceptance and we can figure it out.

I may want it for the grave I'll have to dig...

Aw Steven. Will you become a Cavs fan?

We must keep Luke or else Steven will never be the same!

22. You can just cry while watching re-runs of Summer League and eating bon bons

23. A Cavs fan? No thanks. Sometimes you just have to let go.

I will watch the Summer League reruns though. Back when Dante and Galante used to cover it, I would tune it for every game. Funniest announcers ever.