I am thankful for a lot of things in life. My family, friends, good health and being able to kayak on the Potomac River anytime I want. Since this is a Celtics site, I'd like to give thanks to a person all Celtics fans should be thankful for: Danny Ainge.

Ainge was a great player for the Celtics during their championship years in the 80's. However, just 5 years ago people were trying to boot him out of town. Now, he has assembled in my opinion the best Celtics team since the glory days of the 80's. Sure, this team is old and their window for a championship is probably this year and next.  But I admire Ainge for sticking with the core group that won in 2008 and taking a chance with the controversial signings of Shaq and Delonte. Ainge simply wants to win and doesn't care what others think. This is what we should all want in a leader of a franchise.  Besides Danny, I'm also thankful for the following:

The privilege of watching Rajon Rondo pass the basketball. No one plays like Rondo in the league. While he may not be the best at his position, he is without a doubt the most unique. It is a joy to watch.

KG's intensity. I know KG talks trash. I know and can understand why opposing teams wouldn't like him. But if you can honestly say you wouldn't want him on your team than you are kidding yourself.

Paul Pierce. This guy has given so much to this franchise and deserves to be considered amongst the greatest Celtics that ever lived at the end of his career. His step back jumper is a thing of beauty.

Ray Allen and Ray's Mom: Ray Allen is just an outstanding human being and still has the smoothest jump shot in the game. It's great seeing Ray's mom cheer him on during the games.

Shaq: Sure he's old. Sure, he has been disruptive to a few teams. But the guy is playing great this year and has been a positive impact on the community. How many athletes volunteer to take pictures with random people in a park.

Perk: Best defensive center in the league.  Best glare in the league. Can't wait till he gets back.

Big Baby: The best person at taking charges in the history of basketball. Current 6th man of the year. One of my favorite athletes in all of sports to watch.

We are privileged to have such a great sports team to cheer for. Be thankful for the Celtics. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Karl Dillinger 11/25/2010 03:41:00 PM Edit

do you kayak fish on the potomac?

I agree, except I do think Rondo is the best at his position.

2. Karl says:

I've done it before. Usually I just paddle up then float down. Chris Paul is the best PG in the game right now but Rondo is definitely in the discussion.

I haven't seen enough of Chris Paul's game, but I can tell you that the few times I Did see Chris Paul in action, I barely remembered his game. When it comes to Rondo, I notice when he does something great, and I notice when he messes up, but what's important here is he's doing things that make me take notes, literally... =) Anywayz, I just wanted to say to Karl that I have never felt so agreeable with a sports related statement as I have felt about the above. This team is amazing and it started with Danny putting it together... As a die hard fan I'd like to thank you for pointing things out.

I am also Thankful to Danny for dealing with the headaches and stress that it took in order to get all this done... =)

Thanks to both of you! =)

Kate.

4. Karl says:

Thanks for the kinds words! Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Ivan says:

Happy Thankgiving! Thanks all of you!

6. ronit07 says:

I M Very thankful for karl's posts!!=D

I am thankful to be able to be a huge fan of one of the greatest franchise in the history of Basketball... It was when Pierce arrived in 1998 that was when i begin to like the CELTICS, that LIKE has Grown to LOVE... When you stick by a team when their down and not so good... it makes you embrace them even more when their doing good... Im only 16 years old, and i've been watching the celtics 11 of those years... and this FRANCHISE never fail to amaze me.. Im a Houstonian.. and i also love my ROCKETS... But that love is Nowhere Near the LOVE I have for the CELTICS... Their Simply amazing... Dont get me Wrong I Lovee My City To Death... But I Have No Love For Nothing In This World Like I Love The Celticss... Keep Up The Hard Work Celticss... And Lets Hang Banner #18 In Juneee...
    Delonte, Jermainee, And Big Perk... Please Get Well Soon...
    Sincerely: Mileke
    P.S. Thanks Celticss For Always Being Something I Can Be Proud Of.... And Keep Up The Good Work!!!

The best part about Danny? He replaced the Buffoon