Around the NBA 11/26: Things Celtics fans should know from last night
While the Celtics needing all 48 minutes to beat the winless 76ers, there were 22 other NBA teams in action last night. Here are some things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets lost to the Thunder 110-99. They are 3-12. The Celtics own the Brooklyn Nets 2016 first-round draft pick.
2. The Timberwolves beat the Hawks 99-95. They are now 7-8, which has them tied with the Clippers and Suns for the seven and eight seed in the Western Conference playoffs, and a half-game back of the Jazz for the sixth seed. Minnesota will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 13-30. If Minnesota's pick falls between 1-12, they will instead convey their second-round picks in 2016 and 2017.
3. The Mavericks lost the the Spurs 88-83. They are now 9-7. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
4. The Knicks lost to the Magic 100-91.
5. The 76ers fell to the Celtics 84-80.
6. The Raptors beat the Cavaliers 103-99.
7. The Nets lost to the Thunder 110-99.
Atlantic Division as of 11/26 Toronto 10-6
New York 8-8
FORMER CELTIC WATCH
8. Rajon Rondo continued his high minutes streak last night, playing 39 minutes in the Kings win over the Bucks. He finished with 10 points, 13 assists and 9 rebounds.
9. Paul Pierce played only nine minutes in the Clippers home loss to the Jazz.
10. Kevin Garnett played 15 minutes in the Timberwolves win over the Hawks. He finished with 4 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists.