1/28/2016 01:04:00 PM
As the Celtics were busy moving to a season-high five games over .500 with their win over the Nuggets, there were 14 other teams in action last night. Here are 12 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (12-34) were idle last night. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. Brooklyn has the third-worst record in the NBA, which gives them a 46.9% chance of landing in the top three and 15.6% chance of receiving the number one pick. As of today, the bottom of the league standings are as follows:
5. Suns 14-33
4. Timberwolves 14-33
3. Nets 12-34
2. Lakers 9-38
1. 76ers 7-40
2. The Celtics (26-21) beat the Nuggets last night. They are currently projected to receive the 21st pick in the NBA draft. As of this morning, their complete list of picks include 3, 18, 21, 31, 34, 48, 50 and 57.
3. The Mavericks (26-22) lost to the Warriors last night. With the loss, they moved up three spots in the draft. They are in the sixth seed and lead the Rockets, who are the seventh seed, by one game. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 18th pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. Celtics beat the Nuggets 111-103.
5. 76ers lost to the Pistons 110-97.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 1/28
New York 22-25
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
6. Winners: Celtics, Cavaliers and Pistons
7. Losers: Hawks
8. Notable Change: With the Celtics win and Hawks loss, they are now a half-game back of home-court in the first round of the playoffs and one game back of being the 3-seed.
Eastern Conference Standings as of 1/28
1. Cavaliers 32-12
2. Raptors 30-15
3. Hawks 27-20
4. Bulls 25-19
5. Celtics 26-21
6. Heat 25-21
7. Pistons 25-21
8. Pacers 23-22
9. Paul Pierce played 15 minutes in the Clippers win over the Hawks. He finished with 5 points and 2 rebounds.
POTENTIAL DRAFT PICK UPDATES
10. Three top 10 picks did battle in Utah last night, as Jaylen Brown and California (14-7) lost to the Utes (16-5) 73-64. Brown, who NBAdraft.net currently has the Celtics taking with the third pick in the draft, led the way with 27 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 steals. He shot 9 of 20 from the field and 8 of 10 from the free throw line.
11. Ivan Rabb, also of California and currently projected to be taken in the top 10, finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
12. Utah's Jakob Poetl, who is also currently projected to be drafted in the top 10, went 7 of 10 from the field, 7 of 14 from the free throw line and finished with 21 points and 9 rebounds.
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Hawks @ Pacers
Knicks @ Raptors
Kings @ Pelicans
Bulls @ Lakers
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
1/28/2016 01:04:00 PM