1/14/2016 01:24:00 PM
In addition to the Celtics and Pacers, there were 18 NBA teams in action last night. Here are 10 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (11-28) beat the Knicks last night and are now only a half-game ahead of the Timberwolves, who have lost eight in a row, for the third-worst record in the NBA. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. Here is a view of the bottom of the standings:
6. Suns 13-27
5. Pelicans 12-26
4. Timberwolves 12-28
3. Nets 11-28
2. Lakers 9-31
1. 76ers 4-36
2. The Celtics (20-19) beat the Pacers last night. Even with the win, they remain in the lottery and are only a game ahead of the Wizards and Knicks. As of this today, Boston is projected to receive the following picks in 2016: 3, 14, 19, 31, 34, 46, 51, 58.
3. The Mavericks (22-18) lost to the Thunder last night. Although they remain the fifth seed out West, they are now only one game ahead of the Grizzlies and Rockets, who are both directly behind them in the standings. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 19th pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. The Celtics beat the Pacers 103-94.
5. The Nets beat the Knicks 110-104.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 1/14
New York 20-21
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
6. Winners: Celtics and Wizards
7. Losers: Pacers, Heat, Hawks and Knicks
Eastern Conference Standings as of 1/14
1. Cavaliers 27-9
2. Raptors 24-15
3. Bulls 22-15
4. Hawks 23-16
5. Pacers 22-17
6. Heat 22-17
7. Pistons 21-17
8. Magic 20-18
9. Celtics 20-19
10. Knicks 20-21
11. Wizards 18-19
8. Paul Pierce started and played 22 minutes in the Clippers win over the Heat. He shot 6-10 from the field, 3-7 from three and finished with 15 points and 9 rebounds. This was Los Angeles' 10th straight win.
9. Rajon Rondo played 30 minutes in the Kings loss to the Pelicans last night. He shot 7-11 from the field and finished with 17 points, 10 assists and 5 rebounds.
BEN SIMMONS UPDATE
10. LSU beat Ole Miss last night to move to 3-1 in SEC play. Simmons played 31 minutes, shot 7-13 from the field and finished with 15 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds.
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Raptors @ Magic
Bulls @ 76ers
Pistons @ Grizzlies
Cavaliers @ Spurs
Kings @ Jazz
Lakers @ Warriors
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
1/14/2016 01:24:00 PM