As far as Celtics fans go, my outlook for the 2013-2014 season is not as gloomy as most. Contrary to popular belief, I am of the opinion that Rajon Rondo may come back and be a great team leader when given that responsibility. I also think Brad Stevens can get these guys to run and play hard every night, and in doing so will probably coax them to more victories than most people expect. It wouldn't surprise me to see the C's fighting for one of the final playoff spots next April.
But my optimism pails in comparison to the author of this Yahoo! Contributor Network article, who suggests Boston will win the Atlantic Division. He makes five basic points:
- Brooklyn may struggle to come together under head coach Jason Kidd.
- The Knicks appear to have missed their window, and Carmelo Anthony's teammates will get sick of his ball-hogging.
- Rondo will return with something to prove.
- Stevens' age can allow him to relate to his players, and his brand of college success will translate to the NBA.
- Jeff Green is going to get even better when given the role of #1 scorer.
To believe all off these things will happen is definitely a bit of a stretch, but in all honestly I think it is a legitimate possibility. Unfortunately I still don't see how it gets the Celtics much beyond a .500 record.
Follow Mark on twitter @LucidSportsFan
Mark Van Deusen 8/06/2013 02:16:00 PM Tweet Edit