ESPN
The Lakers have interest in Delonte West, who played for coach Mike Brown in Cleveland and last played for Boston, as a potential fill-in at guard.
I'm a big Delonte West fan. I'd go as far as to say as I felt he is/was the 5th best player on the Celtics (post Perk trade). It would be a big loss in my opinion if Boston didn't retain him this season and would sting a lot more if he ended up on the Lakers or Heat (not going to happen there for obvious mother F'n reasons). What's worse is that it would be a HUGE upgrade for the Lakers going from defensive sieve/flopper Derek Fisher to Delonte in the backcourt. It would make like much easier for Kobe Bryant and no Celtic fan wants that.

My gut tells me Delonte won't be back in Boston this season. He's going to want more than a 1 year contract and I'm doubtful Ainge will give it to him. Hopefully a more likable team goes after Delonte or somehow Boston can keep him.

p.s. The above picture could use a caption. Feel free to add one.

JR 12/04/2011 12:19:00 AM Edit

Sign and trade for Shanon Brown!!! !

Fuck you anonymous

Hah ha, really!?! Like you wouldn't want a young athletic guy like Brown?!?

4. worddddd says:

Delonte's awesome. Wish him the best regardless of where he goes (unless its Hollywood or South Beach). Guy has heart.

5. Jay says:

RE-SIGN DELONTE!!..HE IS VERY IMPORTANT...who cares bout shannon brown

6. YGR says:

Tony Allen all over again.

7. Imran says:

I should keep West cause he can be a good back up or even starter. Danny needs to balance out keeping cap space and having the role players to invite Howard or Paul or whoever.. West can deffs be one of those guys so sign him to a long-ish term deal
    Btw I love mother f**kin reasons joke.. LOL

Delonte will come back to the Celtics so i'm not even worried about this

9. Patti says:

Del has always said he's a Celtic no matter what, he hated playing on the other teams...we gotta keep him!!!

10. Going to LA would not be good for Delonte. He needs to stay in Boston for his mental health (and for mine)

Delonte ain't going to the HEAT. Don't you recall LeBron's momma?

That's not possible as I believe Shannon has a deal done with Phoenix already...It's a shame that Shannon needed more playing time, and with Kobe that's not always possible. He already sacrificed one year taking less money to a Laker. It's a shame, with some familiarity with Mike Brown (good or bad), I think he should have tried to sick for another year, last year's stats were in line with his career stats...7 ppg/16.5 mpg. I'm in favor of a Laker pursuit of Delonte West. He obviously knows Mike Brown's systems, and I read his take on the guns/tri-bike ride...I'd give him a chance. After what Stern is showing, the Lakers are not going to be able to make any trades...if they try to even sign a player such as Delonte, Stern might find the loophole that prevents it, if there is none, he'll make one up. Stern has to go....

@ Bohemian "Delonte will never play for the Lakers. He´s a Celtic, plus Doc really likes him"....well, I think he's more of a Cav, and maybe Mike Brown really likes him.

I posted as "Anonymous on 12/10/2011 7:39 PM...and I am not that illiterate...heard of "Hack-a-Shaq"...well I think that this blog has "Roast-a-Post"... don't matter to me, I'm a Laker fan, so I'd better leave before the uproar over my presence brings out "your best". One more thing, the Celtics are getting old, older than the Lakers, I see another 25 year drought coming, sorry, bye!!!!