I'm not privy to information on too many of this year's draft picks, but one guy I can talk about is Jeremy Tyler. For some reason a lot of Celtics fans want this kid. They see an athletic young big man. I see a huge bust. Think Eddy Curry, but without the post up game. Living in California while Tyler went to High School there I saw two of his coaches get fired because of him. He was walking drama. He couldn't even finish high school and instead went to play in Israel where I'll leave it to his hometown of San Diego writer Brent Schrotenboer to give the account:
It was September 2010. In the previous 17 months, Tyler had dropped out of San Diego High to play pro basketball overseas. Then his brother James faced an assault charge stemming from a gang-related shooting in southeastern San Diego. After that, Tyler played on a pro team in Israel, where he averaged “about two points, two rebounds and two temper tantrums a game” according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

“Most Israeli basketball fans remember Jeremy Tyler as the American teenager who was a total disaster,” the newspaper said of Tyler’s tenure in Israel.
Also, Tyler has a film crew walking around trying to make some garbage documentary on his life. He also dates Reality TV troublemaker (chose to go the kinder route with my word choice) and daughter of the late Eazy-E. They want to become a "power couple" in their words like Jay-Z and Beyonce.

This past year for some odd reason Israel no longer wanted him, so he was forced to play in Japan. Not exactly a basketball hot bed. Despite a huge size and athleticism advantage Tyler couldn't even average double digits.

I'm all for drafting young bigs with potential. I was for the Perkins pick and I wanted Danny to draft DeAndre Jordan in 2008. But Jeremy Tyler is not the one. Don't waste a 1st rounder on him. At least if you sign Eddy Curry you wouldn't be wasting a pick on him and he can actually play (Not saying we should sign him, though I'd love a reason to post the stories about his driver.)

Now Danny and I don't exactly see eye to eye on draft day (or most other days). In 2006 I wanted the C's to take Brandon Roy, but he traded the pick for Telfair. In 2007 I wanted the C's to take Marc Gasol and Big Baby. At least he got one right, but Gabe Pruitt? Really. I also wanted the C's to buy the Suns pick that they were selling and draft Rudy Fernandez, but Portland did instead. In 2008 DeAndre Jordan was my first choice with Mario Chalmers my second choice. Danny took J.R. Giddens. In 2009 I wanted Chase Budinger to back up Pierce. He fell to the 2nd round and his pick was traded (a couple times), but again not to the Celtics. Danny drafted Lester Hudson. Last year I was hoping James Anderson fell to 19 and he did, but Danny took Avery Bradley instead (The Spurs who almost always draft well took Anderson promptly with the next pick). Jury is still out on Anderson as he injured his right foot after only 6 games. So since I'm dead set on the Celtics avoiding Tyler tomorrow, expect him to get drafted by Danny. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

I wonder where he thinks Doc Rivers University is located?

JR 6/22/2011 05:45:00 PM Edit

Who do you guys think we will draft???
    Kennneth faried(Ben Wallace like) jimmer is also an option

Neither will be around by our pick.

I'd still take him. We have a strong locker room so I'm not worried about him being a problem.

JR, who would you like the C's to pick?

5. Sam says:

6-11, 7-4 wingspan, 40 inch vertical. Even if all he could do is block shots and rebound (Javale McGee) I think the C's would take that.

I'll have a better idea tomorrow, but two guys I like are Vucevic and Nogueira, though unfortunately Nogueira I believe withdrew from the draft. Usually the easiest way to draft is to grab a guy that's slipped. Like Pierce did. Or the examples i gave with Budinger and DeAndre. Sometimes it doesn't work out (think Gerald Green), but I believe it gives you the best odds. So during the draft when guys start to slip I'll have a better idea. Fariedis another guy I like, but I believe he has a promise from Portland.

Reaching for a guy (drafting him earlier than expected), like Danny likes to do (think Giddens and Bradley) can sometimes workout, but gives you the worst odds. it's like hitting in blackjack on 18. You might get an ace, 2 or 3, but more likely you bust.

What about you Bohemian?

Danny must of read this. Blakely now has Danny taking Tyler in his mock draft he just posted: http://www.csnne.com/06/22/11/NBA-Mock-Draft-30/landing_celtics.html

Eddy Curry without the post-up game? Sounds like Alton Lister, sign me up lol!!

10. AltonLister'sBrother says:

Shut up tb272! How many millions have you made?

11. QD says:

"Nate McMillon... no... what, what college is that?" LOL everytime I watch that, I shake my head and try not to laugh. He can't be serious.

If we dont get vucevic or this idiot tyler then i am going to be SEVERELY pissed off

I haven't watched too much about the candidates, JR. I would try to select a big man or a scorer if I could.

I guess that I would draft a big with the #25 and a small one for the 55. Names that I am interested in: Trey Thompkins, Nikola Vucevic, Markieff Morris, Justin Harper, Jajuan Johnson, Reggie Jackson, Josh Shelby and Andrew Goudelock. but as I said I have just watched clips from youtube and I've never seen them in games.

Vucevic will be gone by 25, the only way the C's get him would be to trade up, and do they really want to do that?? Not sure how good Vucevic really is or can be, risky pick earlier than 25...I keep hearing Jimmy Butler's name being thrown around as a potential pick which would be kind of intriguing...not too sure about Tyler, would probably take a pass though as if he couldn't play in Israel or China how in the hell is he going to play here??