Since the Celtics' season has come to a halt, most of the recent focus has moved to the offseason and what moves the Celtics should make both in terms of the draft and with their current roster.

One of the sentiments I have seen echoed frequently in the comments of this website is the frustration at letting a great rookie like Semih Erden go during the trade in February of 2011. Semih did a great job in his first year in the NBA, especially considering that he was playing injured for the majority of the time he was on the court.

As many have seen me express in the shoutbox, I am a big fan of Semih. While we might not be able to bring Semih back, I have compiled a collection of the best Semih photos on the internet for your amusement, as Semih is often very "photogenic" (and I use that term lightly). There is no shortage of interesting photos of Semih on the web, so after the jump are a collection of some of my favorite images so that everyone can get their fill of Semih's shaggy awesomeness while we hope for his return. Which photo is your favorite?

Crazy Semih

Shaggy Hair Semih

My hair looks like I got electrocuted

Demonic Semih x4

Depressed Semih. "Get me the heck out of Cleveland!"

Please KG, don't rip my ear off

Who needs a Jersey Shore blowout? Semih's hair stands up naturally!

Affectionate Semih

Semih is great with kids!

This looks like it could be a high school yearbook photo

Semih is afraid of guys in face masks

Danielle Hobeika 5/30/2011 11:32:00 PM Edit

Oh man the top Semih pic is the classic, but the x4 one is crazy. He looks so sad in Cleveland.

I might be in the minority, but I'm not buying the story that came out after he got traded that they were scared he was going to go back to Turkey. He loved playing on the Celtics and being mentored by KG. He was seriously distraught and in tears when he got traded. Doesn't sound like someone who was planning to leave.

2. DH says:

I agree JR. I don't buy the story either. Especially seeing the deleted scene from The Association where Semih was crying - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhCMx43emw

We will see if he stays in the NBA, I think he has a bright future in the league.

What's that they're having in the dinner photo?
    Looks like Turkey

4. QD says:

I WANT SEMIH BACK!

Can't figure which is my fav though... toss up between the one with KG or with RR.

"Apparently, the Celtics traded Semih Erden to Cleveland because they felt he would return to Europe anyway out of homesickness. The Cavaliers have yet to see what they have in Erden because of shoulder and groin surgeries and a lack of conditioning. The Celtics relayed to Cleveland that Erden needed shoulder surgery, but the groin issue is new. Erden played in just four games after being acquired from the Celtics Feb. 24."

6. DH says:

The real reason I posted this article is just because I wanted an excuse to post the demonic picture of Semih with the yellow background. It was awesome when it was a shoutbox icon!

Yeah, they've been saying that for a while now, but I don't believe it. He might have been homesick. What young person wouldn't be? And now that he's stuck in Cleveland maybe he does go back. Who knows?

You can't believe everything you hear from the C's management when a guy has been moved. Wyc is still going on the radio saying that Perk turned down the most the Celtics could offer him, so he was going to be gone for nothing this Summer. That simply is not true. C's would have had his Bird rights.

Semih WILL make a reappearance in the Shout Box! When it's least expected. lol

We will never know about the truth. We know that Semih's mother was ill if I remember well, he made a trip back home when he was injured. If he was traded for that then it would be just awful on the Celtics side.

We will see what happens with Semih and his NBA career. He has another year at a very cheap contract with the Cavs. I liked Semih a lot and it is just stupid that we left him go for nothing. We didn't play Murphy at all and Semih could have contributed. Heck, even Chris Johnson would have helped...

10. Haha!! This is great, DH.

That horrendous yellow-background-Semih-pic...
    O_o

LOL @ Depressed Semih

Nate Robinson was the only player that didn't give a damn about being traded.

12. kassie says:

I was so sad (like just about everyone else) when Semih was traded. He showed a lot of promise and fit in well. Fav pic is the one with Rondo. Bring Semih back!

13. QD says:

@ Anon, if you look at the interview with Nate, I think he a gave a damn. But this was not the first time that he'd been through this like the other guys, so he handled it better. He seems to be a fun loving guy, so I'm sure he took/takes his situation in OKC and makes the best of it.

14. ADF says:

Danny Ange should apologize to the Bostonian's fans!!!! He messed up BiG time!!!!! the Celtics would went far if it wasn't for those trades at the end of the season!!!! it was a stupid move!!!!!