I was talking to TB earlier today and we uncovered a pretty interesting fact about the 2011 playoffs. It's loaded with former Celtics. Let's not even look at guys who played many years ago like Joe Johnson. Guys bounce around the league and that happens. What's really interesting to me is that every single Celtics player from the 2008 team (not counting retired guys like PJ, Cassell, Pollard) made the playoffs this season. In fact there were more 2008 alumni in the playoffs on other teams than on the Celtics and just as many still playing right now.

Now none of the departed are Big 4 quality, but it's nice to see (and interesting) that these glue guys all have roles on contending playoff teams, whether that be as starters, bench guys, or being Coach of the Year. That 2008 team was truly a special group. You can't discount the value to a team of being a winner.

JR 5/10/2011 12:29:00 PM Edit
_______________________________________________________________

Recent Posts

1. .chuckT. says:

Congrats to all of them, except Eddie House -____-
    Im pulling for the Thunder, if the C's cant pull thru. (hopefully they do.)

Yeah House has been kind of a dick since he left, but I think that's also what made him a solid Celtic at the time. He was good with bringing the energy to the bench and hyping up the team. I agree that if the Celtics can't win, the Heat are the last team i want to win.

Sorry Thibs. Posey's elbow is totally bogarting its way into your picture. My bad. We could use a guy who would give an elbow right about now though.

I miss House's kid.

IF we lose...i want a grizzlies vs hawks finals with memphis winning in 6

6. Beantown says:

The argument could be made that the year after they won the title they had an equally good team, even without Posey. Then KG went down and that kind of derailed everything, still though that group in 07-08 that won the title will always be special to me. I don't think we'll ever see another situation in the NBA where a team is so down and out as a franchise, losing 23 in a row in the regular season, then the next year they make a couple big trades and they are the champs. That's beyond a pipe dream right there, that's why it's hard for me to feel sorry for myself when the C's lost last year even though it hurt, and I feel the same way about this year's team. A KG led team never loses due to a lack of heart, that's for sure.

7. HeatFan says:

Thank you Danny Ainge! =D

8. Rondo owns Miami says:

HeatFan must be on this site cause the Heat don't have a site like this. i understand the jealousy HeatFan. =D

But dumb a** danny ainge trade it all of them so why remember them if you wouldnt trade it them you didnt have to remember them.......

10. This comment has been removed by the author.