Celtics Life reader Zack Wire created this homage to Perkins and was kind enough to send it in to us this morning. If you have a message you'd like to leave for Perk please feel free to comment here. Kendrick's manager will be passing this along to Perk.

Update 1:50PM (from Perk's manager)

p.s. Let's keep this about Perk and not about Danny or the new Celtics please.

JR 2/25/2011 10:14:00 AM Edit

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 400 of 422   Newer›   Newest»
  1. jayms says:

Thanks for everything you've given this team Perk.
    We couldn't have won #17 without you, and you've made the Big Three era Celtics my favourite team of all time.
    Wishing you the best of luck in OKC, here's to seeing you in the Finals!
    From James in London, UK

2. Angela W. says:

Once a Celtic, always one. You were a true player, always working hard to get it done. You reflected what a C player should be. I will always support you wherever you'll be. Know that we all love you and have the utmost faith that you'll go far in your career. Bring what you gave the Celtics to the Thunder. <3

3. Franchise says:

Perk, thanks for all the hard work and great memories. You will be sorely missed!

Any chance we can resign you this summer? ;D

4. Ice says:

Perk!

We will miss you,your attitude,your character, you passion!
    Sorry that Danny is a pice of shit!

I will fallow you and your ride for succes!

Good luck at OKC, and keep kickin ass!!

// Ice, Sweden

Crushed by this deal, but hope it works out for you Perk. You gave the C's everything they could have asked for. Wish the 43 could have gone into the rafters where it belongs.

Kendrick
    Thanks for always showing up and playing hard man.
    It won't be the same without you woofing in green.
    I'll continue to follow your career and support you.
    Keep improving. Keep improving.

7. Chris says:

We're always going to love you for who you were on and off the court. Best of luck, come visit sometime!

8. Perk will be sorely missed, as he was during game 7. I'm upset he doesn't get to go to battle with his brothers in the green and white anymore, especially missing the chance to exact revenge against the purple and yellow in June.

I was sitting at Beantown Pub watching the game with a friend when you returned early from your injury. I hadn't read any press releases that you were coming back and the place wasn't airing the sound to that game that night. But when I saw you enter the game, it was to my surprise and delight. I said to my friend "Perk is back early. He must really want to go back to work. I like that." I could see you were receiving a standing ovation, so naturally, I stood up and clapped. Others in the pub followed my example. This is a testament to what you meant to Celtics fans.

Perk taught us that loyalty means more than money. Unfortunately, some disagree with that statement. Rest assured, Perkins' lesson will prevail. Sad to see you go #43. You helped bring #17 and we won't forget that. We also won't forget that we would have had #18 if you hadn't gone down in game 6. I always would say to people that OKC were my second favorite team in the NBA. Now that you're there, that position is solidified.

9. PM61 says:

Hate seeing you go. Hope it works out for you to be closer to home.

10. gosia says:

Once a Celtic, always a Celtic! I can't believe it. WIll miss you SOOO MUCH!! <3 words cant explain. I really hope to see you back in green one day!!

We love ya Perk! you're a true celtic. we're gonna miss the hell out of you. best of luck in OKC

12. Best of luck, Perk! I'll miss you, but you'll be great wherever you go. Can't wait to see you lock up Pau (again) in the playoffs this year, even if you won't be wearing green. Your abilities and even more than that, your work ethic, are to be admired. Keep doing your thing, big man.

Perk, you will be extremely missed in boston. Thanks for Eight Great seasons. Have fun in OKC. Fuck danny ainge.

Celtics shouldn't trade Perkins, Celtics was perfect the way it was.

15. Beast always. Bleed Green. Thank you for the time patrolling the paint. You are one bad mutha funka!

Perk, we love you- hope you see this. Keep battling, keep grinding, and keep winning. Here's to a Celts/OKC finals!

17. RFY says:

Best of luck in OKC Perk! Get healthy and go far in the playoffs with Kevin Durant and gang.

love you perk, know it hurts but you are going to a great team with a great future. we will always love you, good luck!!!!

We feel for u man! U will always be a Celtic great. . . and will always be a classy guy! Godspeed and more power to you . . . .

Hey big fella you have done so much for this team. I HATE to see you go. good luck in OKC. i will always be a young fanatic about you.

21. Sahdarah says:

Once a Celtic always a Celtic... My feelings were soooo hurt... You wasn't just one of their teammates, you were their brother. Hopefully you'll be back in green one day. Nobody will ever be able to replace you. You may be with OKC.. But your heart is with the celtics! WE LOVE YOU!! & we will definitely miss you! Muah! :-*

Sahdarah from BOSTON!

GONNA MISS YOU PERK!!!!!!!! YOU WERE A STAPLE OF THIS ORGANIZATION!

Perk, go knock their socks off in Oklahoma City, man. They got a true warrior and a great player. I will miss you on the court - you were so key to our success in 2008, it is really your championship.

Perk,

Everyone appreciates what you have done, working so hard to become a great player and a great person. I'm truly glad you got a chance to win a championship here because you deserved as much as anyone. Go out and dominate in OKC, they'll love you too. You will be missed by all Celtics faithfull.

Shane

25. Perk!! You are truely going to be missed! You bleed green for 8 wonderful years, we will never forget what you did. You will forever bleed Green in my eyes. You always showed true Celtics Pride. OKC will soon come to love you as we all do. They are gaining a great man and great ball player. Keep your head up and continue to be the amazing person Boston has known and loved. Miss you already!

Very saddened by this news, but with loss comes gain, OKC is already embracing you and making you a huge part of their team, this team will be GREAT. Thanks for letting us all see that Danny Ainge is full of shit and all that Celtic pride that he talks about is bullshit. Shaq or JO will never be you. I feel bad for Rondo because you guys were like brothers, not only does he have to see you leave but turn around and face this new team that he will have to rebuild.
    ~Love you Perk blessings to you and your beautiful family!

27. Chris says:

Perk you're a warrior in green and you'll always be a Celtic to Boston fans. Good luck in OKC, I hope your career sees continued success.

Much love...you will be missed.

28. Edward says:

Kendrick there will never be another Celtics center like you. Its very difficult to see you leave. You embodied what it truly was to be a Celtic. Best of luck in OKC. I'll still be rooting for you.

such an amazing player! we will miss you so much Perkins! the doors to boston are always open for you <3

30. Amanda capron says:

Perk you are amazing there's no one better then you you will always be a Celtic to me and we are going to miss your defense I will still watch you play and cheer you on it sucks it won't be for the Celtics much love

31. Ryan says:

Perk, you mean so much to any team you will be on and know that the Celtics Nation will miss you across the country. I converted my wife to watching basketball with me and she has 2 loves, BIG PERK and Ray Allen. She told me she will miss the mean look and southern voice. She loves you for the tough guy that you are. All the best in OKC and I hope that someday soon I might see you again in Celtic Green.

32. Very sad Green says:

Perk!!

I cry with you, man. You are already, and will ever be, missed. I wish I had the power to get rid of Ainge and bring you back. He should be ashamed of himself for what he did.
    Good luck to you in OKC and hopefully you'll be back in Boston sooner rather than later.

will miss ya big fella ... very very very sad

Thanks for bringing home the 17th. You will be missed by everyone here. Thanks for 8 great years. U'll always be a Celtic
    Good luck and hope to see u back soon!

Perk u will be dearly missed .. Thank u for being the Celtic face for grit , determination , defense and pride

Perk, as a lifelong Celtics fan, I can honestly say that you are one of my all-time Celtics favorite. I respect your hard work and mental approach to the game and commend you for your sacrifices in getting back so quickly this season. Even if the C's go on to win the title this year, it won't be the same without you there protecting the paint. I hope you have a phenomenal season in OKC and am now praying that we get a C's-Thunder finals, just to have you back in the TD Garden for a few more nights this year. I can't begin to understand what you are feeling right now but I would love nothing more than to see you back in Boston next year or down the road. You deserve to retire a Celtic great! Wish you nothing but the best and I hope you know how much Celtics fans around the world will miss you. Keep your head up and keep on shining.

37. Colin says:

You gave your heart and soul and bled Celtic green...I will always be your fan!

38. crystal says:

we will forever miss u on the court and in and around Boston.i felt like my son was taken from me since i've been watching you since your rookie year.. :(....i feel soon you will be back.but until then i wish you the best of luck in the future and show okc how we do it..well not everything but what you got..lolz! SMOOCHES!

The problem with the NBA is there are not enough guys like you Perk! You are what makes a Celtic a Celtic! We will always miss you and can only hope someday to see you wearing Green again, because noone wore it as well as you did. We will miss all the things you did that dont show up on a stat sheet and the things that did.

It's hard to overstate how proud I was to have Perk on the Celtics. I still remember when memphis drafted him saying "who?" after we traded for the rights to his pick. This morning I woke up and it was kind of like how I felt after the Patriots lost in the playoffs, that reminder of "damn...that sucks."

I'm just happy that he was able to bring it home in 2008 and for that I will be forever grateful. You never know how things work, he might come back (I know wishful thinking).

Perk, it was an honer to watch you play the game of basketball the way you did. You scarficed the big stats and fame for the teamwork and winning. Your hard work to come back from your devasting knee injury will not be forgetten either and should be looked at as the utlimate example of hardwork and being truely decicated to your job and team. We'll miss watching you and wish you the best of luck wherever your career may take you. PLEASE REMEMBER! Once a Celtic, Always a Celtic...I hope you and the Celtics can work something over summer free agency and we'll get to see Perk in green protecting our Rim while proving what a real Cetlic is all about. Be Easy Perk, We'll Miss Ya

Perk you're a great player :) Im going to miss U :( follows ahead ;) God cares you ! Solis from PR

I... We love you Perk.

I loved Perk playing with the others more than others on the team. Fans who has been watching the celts these few seasons know why we value Perk. He's an awesome guy, wish him well.

45. jeffereigh says:

Perk you're an animal, absolutely disillusioned with the whole process (the NBA) if this is what we got to do to remain relevant - it really sucks.

Out of everyone on the C's(including KG) I thought you were the anchor on defense. You were going to win us Banner #18 now it's just a pipe dream. We needed you last year, we need you this year.

OKC are my new favourite West Coast team and I wish you every success for the future!

Man it is still hard to believe you will not be on my team anymore. I do know that you will be great where ever you go,I hope that you get to come back and finish your career with the Celtics. You will be missed no lie. Perk may God Bless you in all that you do. Much Love !!From,Jacqueline G.

47. brittany says:

Perk, thank you SO much for all your hard work and dedication to the Celtics organization. Boston is a city passionate about it's athletes and losing you is like losing a member of the family. We wish you and the others the best of luck. Here's hoping you have some fun demolishing the Laker's frontline more often out West! We will never forget everything you did for this city and how much you loved us and how much we will always love you. Who knows, maybe someday you'll wind up back where you belong: right here with us in Beantown. If it was up to us, Perk, you'd be here for life, with #43 hanging up in the rafters. We love you, big guy. Godspeed.

48. D. Brown says:

Perk, I have so much respect for you as a player. From a coaching point of view I use clips of you as a teaching aid for young (high school age)players who need to understand how to play in the paint and all of them have commented on your professionalism and your calm under intense conditions. Wherever you play and whatever you do, the Shamrock will be in your soul.

Thankyou for everything!

49. Jena says:

My heart was just aching when I heard that. I was sooo looking forward to seeing him and my other favorite K.G. take on the Spurs next month. I just love Perkins! Gentle tone off the court was such a complete difference from his on the court persona. Just seemed like such a great player and person. I now have to follow his new team as well. Just breaks my heart that Doc and management could do this to such a great player. JenaB

50. Jena says:

Good luck in OKC! Thanks for the dedication, sacrifice, competitiveness and toughness that I will always remember. Never forget Green 17!

I cried when I heard of the news of you being traded away. I still can't believe it. Perk you will be missed.
    Really lost faith in Danny....

perkins Boston is not gonna be the same with out you i hope yoou cme back cause we are always gonna miss and it would never be a better center then you in Boston always remember you got a home here at home make it happen where ever you at and rep Boston bean town for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54. SoUlJa says:

Dude, we will all miss you. It was hard to take in when I heard that you traded. :( But, have fun in OKC with Nate and Durant. :] We will never forget you. :D

55. fukakike

wyc the kike's son is a physical manifestation of how wyc the kike really is inside, a retard.

danny ainge looks like a neandertal .

offensive problems is the reason for the trade??

we have ray, paul, kg, delonte, nate...etc.. and we need more offense????

maybe it's not kendrick perkins that was the problem, doc's lineups are horrible sometimes, the offense takes too long, keep it simple stupid would have worked better.

not trading Perk would have worked better, either way.

Boston will dearly miss KP. I was literally nauseous and near tears of bafflement when I heard the news. I thought we would see Perk retire in Green. Best of luck Perk, Celtics fans will always love and respect you.

Love you, Perk! You'll always be a Celtic, no matter what uniform you're wearing. I've choked up a couple of times today thinking about you being gone. At least, you and Nate are going to a good team that is now a title contender because you'll be there. Maybe if the Celtics are lucky enough to get to the Finals, they'll run into you again!

I was absolutely heartbroken to hear of the trade. We needed you last year to win and I still feel that we will need you this year. You're still and always will be a Celtic to me and I wish you nothing but the best in OKC, I know you will do great! You finally gave me a reason to watch a West Coast team when not playing the Celtics! Keep your head up. We miss and love you!

Kendra B. from VA

59. It pains me and most of the fans to know that you are leaving the team. You will always be remembered and loved for your passion to win. In our hearts you will remain a Celtic. Good luck Perk! We love you number 43!

8 year Celtic veteran, greatest center to defend against Howard, and the percalator, I will truly miss your appearances in the court, your defense, and you. I hope you do good in OKC, and bring down the LA Lakers!

61. 987motors says:

Love you Perk cried my eyes out last night

62. Tameka says:

Perk, you are a beast and will surely be missed. You have fans that don't even live in Boston (me!) who truly admire your work ethic and passion for the game. Many blessings to you in everything you do. Hope to see you back in green and white in the future!

63. jess says:

Not gonna lie I cried for a solid hour yesterday when i found out about the trade. We will always love you Perk! and losing you feels like losing a brother. I wish you nothing but THE BEST of luck in the future.

Perk You Tha Man good luck in OKC see you in the finals??? i think yes

65. Ed says:

thanks so much perk!! absolutely guttered and furious with the management that made this decision. i would have rather lose another nba championship again than lose you and nate off the team. i hope you and your family do well at okc and the doors at the td will always be open to you brother.

66. Dave says:

Kendrick Perkins is a Celtic and a Bostonian for life. Best of luck to you and your family.

67. Cones says:

Perk I'm going to miss watching you in green more than you know! I play a post and watching you and KG is really inspiring because you two put so much heart into every play. You're a great player and you'll always be one of my favorite players. Keep it up in OKC, they're lucky to have someone as passionate and talented as you on their team. I love you<3

Perk # 43 will always be remembered <3. As a Boston Celtics fan once a player enters the Td Garden as a celtics player will always be my # 1 players. Perkins i will misses and be a fan of u as a OKC players. I wish u with all the luck <3.

69. Alexis says:

Love you Perk.

I made a video tribute for him, I hope it's at least decent enough to pay him some well deserved tribute.

Here it is, feel free to publish it on the blog or anywhere else if you like it :

70. DvB says:

"The game aint the same" without you Perk. Gonna miss ya.

71. Perk, you mean a lot to us, to me, I hate to see you go, but i wish you the best. thanks for all the memories. you will always be a celtic too me.

72. Amie says:

Perk...I have been a fan of yours since you joined the team years ago. You and Rondo have always been my favs as I watched you grow into starter super stars! I missed you playin this season and had been looking forward to your return knowing that Shaq could never take your place. I know that we could have won the championship with you healthy last season! I was so devastated and shocked by the trade news yesterday :( You play such an important role in the paint on the Celtics team. I'm gonna miss you at the Garden! Good luck where ever you go and in whatever you do! You have strong support from here on Cape Cod!

Its going to be hard seeing you perk in another jersey besides the Celtics Jersey.I wish you the best perk, you will always have a home here in Boston.

74. nas says:

Perk you will be missed. As the news came up that officially considered you a Thunder Cat I couldn't help but cry. You have played amazing the past 8 years and Celtics or no Celtics as a fan I will follow you <3 Goodluck bbyboy, out there with the Thunder, Your fans believed in you,when you barely did in yourself after your injury!! You'll do great,keep your head up. It breaks my heart to see you go, but I will always love you K. Perk :-*

Sincerely, your beloved fan Nas :)

75. Nekolu says:

jah bless perk... your always in the hearts of all bleed green... just dont resign with OKC and sign back with the celtics after your contract is done.... we need you...

76. Kara says:

Perk,
    I will never forget what you did as a Celtic. Every time you blocked a shot or knocked down a big guy my brother and I would say have some Perks for that pain. He told you that at a signing and you laughed at it. You are a great guy off the court. And as far as on the court you are an amazing player that the Celtics will miss and that me, my brother and all the fans will miss! Keep your head up and know your fans are with you where ever you go. Hopefully you'll be able to come back as a Celtic again. <3

77. Kara says:

Perk,
    I will miss watching you play as a Celtic. I will always remember those times during the 2008 playoffs, watching every time you made a block or knocked a big man down my brother and I saying take some Perks for that pain. He told you that at a signing after the Championship and you got a good laugh out of it. You are a great person off the court and a great player on the court. Me, my brother and the fans will miss you so much. Know, you will always have your fans where ever you go. And the Celtics will surely miss you. Hopefully you will be able to be a Celtic again soon. I wish you well in your career and life, Celtic again or not. <3

78. to say I am sad and devastated is an understatement. We love you PERK!

Im very suprised at what had happened makes me very upset. We did wrong to someone that gave us alot. A man that rushed back from surgery and I mean a big knee surgery that he should have taken over a year to recovery from. Perk you gave us so much on the court the fight and determenation you had is unreal and never will it be forgotten. I was thankful to be at your last game as a Celtic and I couldnt figure out why you walked off the court in Oakland with your head down. You are a great player you should always have your head up you have nothing to be ashamed of now me on the other hand being a Celtics fan since the 80's and playing ball all through high school with number 33 on my back. Im ashamed to be a celtic fan now after the way we treated you. You deserved better I apologize for what has happened like everyone else says we will never forget you Perk. As I read before we couldnt win in 2010 with out Perk and looks like we wont have him in 2011 either so Im not feeling good about this. But Perk thanks for everything you did and bleeding green for us...

We will missed you perk honestly i cried yesterday 8 yrs. is not easy to take away from a man in number 43 celtics warrior gudluck to you the next tym i was seeing you playing wearing ocklahoma jersy i will remember the days that you are playing in celtics.

Damn! Im gonna miss you in GREEN jersey perk.. good luck in your OKC team dawg.:(

82. My heart sank when I heard the news! You will always be remembered here in Boston! Best of luck, rooting for you!!!! Maureen

You'll be back! I know! Your still in our hearts PERK! Celtic Forever! Right Perk?

Never extend your contract in OKC Perk! Celts gonna get you back!

85. Perk, stay strong. live strong. Celtic fans in The Philippines love you to the bone!

86. Perk, stay strong. live strong. Celtic fans in the Philippines love you the bone!

growl for us in OKC. KD may be the durantula, but you're now the scorpion of that squad.

87. I miss Perk. The best is the WEEI clip before the games where Grande says, "You cannot dominate another more than Kendrick Perkins has Yao Ming tonight" I guess we'll never hear that again... Best of luck to Perk. One of the most emotional trades in Boston sports history. This doesn't just hit the guys in the locker room. It's felt all around the city, this post and all of these comments are a testament to that.

Perk is a beast and he will be missed. But hey, on the bright side, atleast Oklahoma City is my second favorite team. Beat LA Perk!

88. Thank you Perk, that's really all there is to say. There won't be any making sense of this as far as I'm concerned. Add me to the list of life-long Kendrick Perkins fans, wherever your career takes you. All the best!

My more complete thoughts on the whole situation are over on my blog - http://juggleboy720.livejournal.com/111208.html

i am 34 supposed to be a man who doesnt cry , but the more i see your videos the more cry . love ya man
    a Celtic forever from Boston

90. mio says:

I couldn't post while at work because I couldn't help getting really emotional. I'm so sad I almost want to quit being a Celtics fan. When I heard the news I thought of the scene in the ESPN show where you were saying "this is the craziest team full of characters" in such a fond way. That scene just said how much you loved to be part of this team. But who knew at that time this was going to happen. Gosh I'm getting upset all over again!

I can only hope you'll forgive the front office and come 'home' one day, I can't picture you in any other uniform!

We miss you, and we'll cheer you on as one of ours...

91. alscorcho says:

I wish you were a celtic for life,
    thunder are well and truly lucky to have you

all the best perk, i'll still be cheering for you in blue

Perk,

You were always a class act and a true Celtic. You stood up for your teammates, never complained and worked above and beyond. Those are hard things to come by in sports these days and as a fan, you are appreciated and will be missed.

It's heartbreaking to know how hard you worked and to be slapped in the face like this. I just hope you know that your teammates and fans here in Boston still love you and didn't want you to leave.

Best of luck and I'll be rooting for you and OKC.

93. Perk you're the greatest man, no matter what Jeff and Nenad do here they wont fill the hurt in our hearts when we heard what Danny did yesterday. It's not gonna be the same going into the playoffs without you.
    COME BACK HOME WHEN YOU GET SICK OF OKLAHOMA, WE LOVE YOU PERK!

Perk u da greatest man, Celtics fans & players never wanted u to go, Ive lost my confidence in DA now.
    Bring back Perk! Bring back Perk! Bring back Perk!

95. mrobinstone says:

Kenny Smith said something about Kendrick Perkins about the perfect analogy about the trading effect" his presence around the basket is equivalent to having a BEWARE Of DOG SIGN!" That's how mean and tough he was in the low post defense and the Celtics gave it away!Why Danny?!

perkins<333 hella good player.. gonna be missed... and you'll fit in with thunder. u nd nate could bring something different there. ur a great man. and we have a lot of faith in you. feel like we jus let a very important player go. which is true ! have fun out there ! and thanks for all the important things you've done for your team here.

We all love you here in Boston Perk. Haven't talked to one person who agrees with this trade. When I found out I was speechless. You embodied what the Celtic's were about and you were definitely a fan favorite because we knew how hard you worked. Danny Ainge may think you are replaceable but he is wrong because we all know how important you are to the C's. Good luck in OKC and just know that we all want you back on our team. The Celtic's aren't the same without you.

Kendrick you will be missed man. This team won't feel the same without you. Appreciate everything you've done for the team and us fans. Sad day indeed.

Perk:

Thank for every Perk. You are really Celtics.

We'll miss you.

Good luck.

TO PERK

Once a celtics, for life a celtics.

Thank you for doing for the team. We love you and wish you good luck ~

I will always remember you. In the future if given the opportunity to welcome you back to this home.

This message from the fans in Taiwan.

Whatever in Oklahoma or Boston . you always the warrior to against LA ! Thanks your passion & toughness past years...

102. Blue says:

We'll never forget you, hope you back in next season, we need you. Till then, we gonna miss you. C's own you a ring for what you did. Good luck, Perk. Now go and let other teams know how good you are :P, become a legend!!!

hard to express my thoughts now...

all i can say is "Thank you Perk, many thank thanks to you, and good luck."

104. Willy says:

Your contribution in Celtics is never less than others. Nobody can subsitute your tough work in painted area.
    Thank you for everything. Miss you in the days without you. Hope you will come back someday.

we love you perk. okc is now my team in the west because of you.

106. Marco says:

Thank you for the memories. Good luck!!

107. CLNS_Nick says:

Perk will be missed. It's been 3 days and I am still in shock. Once and Celtics, always a Celtic!

108. ap# says:

Perk, thank's for all what you do.
    We will miss you!

109. California says:

You are Awesome! Sign back with the Celtics when your contract is up. You belong in Celtics green. All the Cs will surely miss your presence on and off the court.

hey Perk! fan from Taiwan, miss you and good luck..
    you can lock every center in the league with your toughness! I'll follow every Thunders' game from now on

Perk, thank you for everything. You are a GREAT center and all of celtics nation will miss you. Keep your head up big guy and do your thing, show the thunder what you got. Your never gunna be forgotten here and your always welcomed. Love you kp. Now thunder is gunna be a better team because of you, they gained alot of fans cuz of you. Once a Celtic always a Celtic. Boston loves you no matter where you go

112. Will says:

We will miss u,Perk.
    We hope taht someday u will come back and take another win.

From Malden, Mass. It was an honor to see you wearing Celtic green Perk. As previously stated you are and will remain one of the true centers in the NBA. Hopefully, Boston can see back in green sometime soon. Thank you for the memories.

114. RoswellSounds says:

I´m still telling myself that this didn´t happen, but that ain´t right... We lost a Beast, a fantastic player with an incredible work ethic, a soldier that you could trust with your life if things get really rough.

We lost you, Perks. And in doing that, we lost one of the better part of ourselves. We lost a big piece of our heart. This is devastating, but there´s no time to waste standing still. Perks always goes forward, and all of us need to take heed of his example and get moving. Be quick or be dead, friends!

I wish you were here, Kendrick. We exchanged our hero for a bunch of ghosts. Let the future do the talking...

Love you Perks! You are a beast, and we wish you the best. Keep Durant and Westbrook safe for us, those kids really need your help down there, man. Good look, and hope that you´ll be back again soon...

RoswellSounds

still cry.. i miss you perk

116. isaiahDUB says:

Love you Perk Man. Sad to see you go, I hope you can Make you way back to Boston... Ill be cheering for you wherever you are.... So I will be cheering for OKC.... Just know that the Boston fans love you and love everything you have done for the organization

117. Reean says:

I Only got some Things To say

Once A Celtic ALWAYS A Celtic... Ubuntu

118. ptown34 says:

Your my favorite player your hard work and defensive mindset all the time was something i looked forward to in watching the Celtics every single day....I wish you the best in your short run in OKC, but i hope you consider coming back next season to YOUR HOME, BEANTOWN....YOUR always welcome here and a jersey will hopefully be waiting for you

119. Ernie says:

You will be a Celtic forever. Best of luck in OKC and please do one thing: Help OKC beat the Lakers!!

Perk,
    You have been a rock for us man, i was cheering for you every day you rehabbed, every day you fought for our team. You'll always be a celtic in my mind. Just like so many I am really pretty infuriated about Danny's moves here. All things aside, you'll tear up the west coast. Best of luck. You will forever be missed. Your jersey is up on my wall with bird and russel.

Its still about 18

121. Mark says:

Perk - In our hearts you will always be a Celtic! My nine year old son and I are traveling from Virginia to TD Garden on 3.25 to the Bobcats game and he is devestated that you won't be there for the green and white...Thank you for laying it out on the line and giving it your all for the last eight years!

You've are my fav player, no matter where you go. when you went down in the finals last year i knew you would get back earlier than expected. you did. i knew that you would come and save us when shaq and jermaine was injured. you did. you were the ultimate Celtic. a hard worker. your my role model man! i play myself, im only 15. you teached me to work hard. allways. and it pays off. when i got to know that you were traded.. i felt like someone had punched me, hard, in my stomach. for a moment, i couldnt breathe. mye heart stopped. i thought i vere wrong about the trade, that i saw was wrong. i vere not. thats when the tears came. i tried to understand why. why? well, now i might understand why danny did it. and i respect his desition. but.. still it was wery painful. i cant even imagine how it is for you and your family. still havent got over it, im a die hard celtic fan, but Perk, youll always be #1 to me. allways. since im livin in norway, it aint that easy to come and watch games. and.. i dont know if you can read this, but.. today we played against our rivals, we lost, but before the game i said to myself, i should at least make 5 blocks in memory of you. im a shooting guard, and the 5 blocks went down.. NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO PERK, WE CELTICS FANS WILL LOVE YOU. NOW ITS TIME FOR YOU AND NATE TO ROCK OKLAHOMA CITY. ONE LOVE. 1,2,3 UBUNTU!!

Love you Perk.

One of the greatest Centers to ever play for the Boston CELTICS. Love you Buddy.

I'll always love you Perkins! You'll always be a Celtic in my eyes. No matter what team your on, I will always cheer for you. Good Luck

126. celticfam wordaapp says:

Ill be cheering for you forever. You got lots of permanent fans. You gave us nothing but the best. Go Perk!

Perk is the GOAT

Perk,

There is nothing right about what happened, and it's really, really sad that sports work this way sometimes -

You're a hero to all of us, because you are part of a squad that made basketball mean so much more than basketball, especially during that 2008 magical run but also every single game since then.

I still have moments where I can't hold back the emotion, and I feel tears rolling down my cheeks - believe me, this hurts all of us. It really is like losing a family member.

Between your unselfish dedication on the court to the stories I've heard of your genuine kindness and caring heart off of it, to take the words from somebody else I heard yesterday,

I truly feel that I would rather lose a championship with you, than win one without you.

It really, really, really won't be the same.

Nothing but the best,

Matt

129. Natalie says:

Perk,
    I've only been a loyal fan of the Celtics for this season, but I watched the 2008 and 2010 Finals, and fell in love. And let me tell you, you are an amazing player, and I will never forget how much power and determination you put on the court every game. The Thunder just picked up an amazing player, and you will always be in our hearts, so you should take this opportunity to start again, make some new friends on the Thunder, try your hardest for them, and the fans automatically will love you, cause it's kinda hard not to. and where ever you go, us celtic fans will always keep you in our hearts, and whatever you team you are on, you will always be adored by many. Keep the years you had in Boston close to your heart, and as you move on in your life, and you win Championships with other teams ( because you will, you are just so damn GOOD at playing basketball) you will be thankful for the chance to start again.

We will always love you, <3

130. We will miss you. One of my favorite players of the new Celtic age. Wish you well in all you do and would especially like it if you came back to Boston in Free Agency. It is good to play in front of people who appreciate you and all you do.

131. CriSTiNE says:

LOVE U PERK ! U will def be a part of Boston forever ! We will miss you .. continue to play hard ! you the man !

132. Perk-you are the reason I play basketball.

Showed how to give it your all. Pure hustle
    Not only were you selfless on the court but off the court as well
    From personal experience, you were the sweetest guy.
    I remember that look of guilt you had after being unable to sign autographs before getting on the team bus for Game 2 of the Finals last year in LA

All the best Perk. Rooting for you wherever you go

Perk, Goodluck, well miss you... Be tougher and you will always be a celtic..

134. pan says:

my heart broke to see you go..
    I your fan from singapore!! just know that you have fans everywhere..Will watch the Thunder to see you wreck havoc on KOBE lakers.keep messing with the lakers..

Been in a funk all day. Really tough to see you go, but wishing all the best for you as life moves forward. You'll always be a Celtic in my mind, and thank you for everything you gave this city and your fans.

There are a lot of broken hearts around the Celtic Nation but I wish you the best!!! Much success to you Big Perk!!!!

137. Big E says:

You The Man Perk! After you done with the Thunder this season make sure you come back and re-sign! We'll have a spot open for you again.

138. A-Mac says:

I will miss yelling out "Yeah Perk!" from the depths of section 317 during player intros. Stay beasting Perk in OKC, and I will stay yell out "Yeah Perk!" from my seats next time your at the Garden.

139. Sarah says:

Perk,

I just want you to know that I think you are an amazing player and you will be missed in Boston, much luck to you with your career in the future :)

140. MilanNL says:

You will be dearly missed, you were the real warrior in Green! Can't wait for your return to Boston! You are the one and only #43.

Thanks for everything.

Thanks Perk for all the years of dedication and great team play. Will miss ya.

I just started watching basketball a few years ago and perk has always been one of mii favorites. I'm gonna miss you in Boston perk!!!

143. kelly says:

Thank you so much for representing the Celtics greatly. We miss you and you will not be forgotten. Good Luck with everything in your career, life. I will always be a fan.

144. QD says:

Good luck in OKC Perk, we love and miss you. Your heart and soul was outstanding, left it all out on the court in Boston. OKC has that and more to look forward to.

145. Perk !!! I'll miss you so much. I love you and the game you play...You are a very appreciated member of the Celtics, no matter where you will go. When I heard the news, I was shattered because you were and will always be one of my favorite Celts. I wish you many blessings on your journey and hopefully I'll meet you one day as a true fan. I was going to the next Celt vs Nets game in hopes to see you play since I live in Jersey, but I'll still be on the look out for your playing time on your next team. Keep your head up and know you have a talent recognized as your own for all that you do. I'll surely miss you on my team, as I am a forever Celtics fan, since the day I was born, but I wish you all the luck !!! Love you again. Keep strong! <3

146. Perk, we thank you for the great 8 beast years in beantown. We will always welcome you back with open arms. We hope you win another championship wherever you go besides this year, because you know, this year is Bostons. You are the nicest guy on the Celtics and I thank you for meeting us in Burlington Mall during one of your events. WE LOVE THE PERK. BEAST!!!!!

PERKK!! IM GOING TO MISS U A LOT!!! GOOD LUCK !! U ARE THE BEST

Perk! you are and forever will be a celtic at heart! i cannot explain how much i appreciate your hard work, toughness, and loyalty. you will definitely be missed! i know that where ever you go, you will help your team tremendously and i wish you nothing but the best! boston will always be your home. i hope that one of these days you will come back to boston where we will welcome you with open arms.

149. #CLIFTONJOZEN4LIFE Keep being a Beast Perk. Boston's got love for you as long as cats keep wearing green. Good luck in Boomtown, and as always, BEAT LA!

150. Joe B says:

Perk, God Bless man and thanks for helping me see my favorite team win a championship.

151. You'll always be a Celtic in my book, KP! Since you're all the way out in the Western Conference, the Thunder will be my team right after the Celtics out of respect to you! Best of luck in the future, KP!

Big Perk-
    i enjoyed watching you grow up from an 18yr old country boy to a championship NBA center. Nobody can take that away from you. You will ALWAYS be a champion and ALWAYS will be a Celtic. At least you got traded to the next most likable team in the league. Give the Lakers Hell in the West.
    #43 we love and will miss you.

Good luck in OKC Perk!!! We will miss you. I almost cried when I heard you were leaving (No lie) You were the Celtics defense & always will be a Celtics. Btw beat the Lakers!!!!

154. Good Luck Perk! Thanks for all the years in Boston and good luck going forward...except when you play the Celts!

155. Totally going to miss seeing you in green, Perk . . . but I guess it will make losing to OKC a little easier, lol! Hope you and Nate kill it out there

I wish you and your family the best in your new community. And, I hope you continue to be a great player, one of the best centers in the league and a terrific citizen and ambassador for your team and the sport.

157. daviD.. says:

U should not be the one who leave.nobody should leave.:[

We love you, Perk!

Perk, you will be known as one of the best Celtic and regular centers in the NBA. This picture tells it all and we will all cheer for you! We hope you will become a Celtic once again but if you don't I wish you and Nate the best of luck!

Perk, you're a true Celtic. Keep playing the Celtic way! good luck and you won't be forgotten here in Boston.

161. paulo barrera says:

CELTICS DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN FOR 43 and 4

We love you on Boston, we gonna love you too in OKC, best of luck!!!

Once a celtic ,always a celtic .
    I love every of your play. Thanks for the works you have done. Your name will be inscribed in the hearts of celtics.
    Bless you . If possible , come back soon!!^^

Love you Perk I'm glad your happy and moving on

Perk you're great. Although you have no emotion, we still love you. Stop those other Western teams from reaching the finals so us Celtics have an easier banner.

The picture above said it the best .. "once a Celtic, always a Celtic" I know that every fan in boston is heartbroken about this trade and if they are not, then they are NOT true fans. But we can't do anything about this non sense except wish you the best! We will miss you and we love you AND we are more thank full for everything you have brought to the Celtics family after 8 years than you will ever know! Banner 18 is for you this year!! Take care of that knee, and keep at it, cause I know you will be back in number 43 and green soon!!

Jasmine from Toronto.

167. PERK!!! As a fan I will miss watching you play in green! I love your defense and heart that you show on the court. You are always about hustle and that is what I love about basketball. You are going to my favorite team in the West so I will you all the Luck!!!!! I hope to see you back in Green some day :)

168. Hannah says:

When Leon Powe left I was heartbroken. When I got the news that you were leaving I was DEVASTATED!!! You really were the silent heart of the team. It was a privilege to watch you play. You'll always be my favorite C!

Man Perk it's so hard to see you go. We will definitely miss you but at the same time I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors and also express gratitude for all you did during your time as a Celtic. Like everyone is saying you're always welcome back to the garden and you will forever be in our hearts. God bless

170. Mo says:

Kendrick you were the anchor of the BOS defense, and if were you in the line-up on game 7 of last years finals I know the Celtics would have 18 banners. The team led the entire game until the final minutes where they got out hustled and out rebounded. That is when you were missed the most. You defensive and rebounding intensity would have pulled the team through and brought another championship to The Garden. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as planned and somewhere along the way Danny Ainge forgot how important you were to the success of the Celtics. Regardless, I hope you all the best in young NBA career! You should know that all of us fans are hoping that as a free agent you'll consider returning to BOS because we both know no other jersey suits you like the Celtic green :)

Perk good luck in OKC banner 17 wouldnt be hanging in the rafters without u the door is always open to u perk...GOOD LUCK IN OKC AND TAKE OUT DEM LAKERS!!!

You will be missed by all of Celtic Nation Perk. We are so appreciative of all that you have done in your time in Celtic green. You are the man and I am so sad that you had to leave. I will always hope for the day that we will see you in a Celtics uniform again. Until then best of luck to you in OKC. We are all still rooting for our big man.

173. Cookie says:

You will be missed. Still can't believe you won't be in the mix in getting #18. We'll always cheer for you - way more than Scal and you have earned our respect and love in our hearts. Go get those Lakers and enjoy your new adventure! All the best!!

Dont worry perk...i will also root for OKC - all the best!

good luck Perk...so sad 2 see u leave..u will be missed

Perk, Celtics green will always be ur best color. No matter what team ur on, I will always root for u. Once a Celtic, always a Celtic. U are a great player and will always be apart of the Celtic family. Much love :) <3

Perk, Can't believe you're leaving. Absolutely loved watching you play. Best of luck!

178. No matter what your a CELTIC for life. You came back from your injury and went in. Your truly a beast. Your going to be greatly missed, but never forgotten. #43 green for life. MUAH no matter what or were play the game you love to play.

179. No matter what your a CELTIC for life. You came back from your injury and went in. Your truly a beast. Your going to be greatly missed, but never forgotten. #43 green for life. MUAH no matter what or were play the game you love to play.

So sorry to see you go!! Good luck!! We'll miss you.

181. Julie Trapani says:

Perk ~
    I'm truly heartbroken. You are and as far as I'm concerned will always be "A CELTIC" You gave so VERY much to your team, your talent, your fans and your community. You worked so damn hard to get back from your ACL injury. Boston fans all saw that. I will always remember us winning a title with you (I was there, something I will never forget) I watched in heartache as we lost a title without you! People can say it is "just business" but you, Rondo, KG, Ray, P, & Doc are more then "basketball players" you were, you are a family.. Chemistry is so underrated!! It counts for so much more than just talent alone. I am deeply saddened to see you go but I wish you and your family nothing but the best and great success in Oklahoma. Number 43 is retired to me! Boston loves and thanks you for 8 yrs. of dedication and loyalty. Thank you for being a part of making the CELTICS a Championship team again. I can only hope to see you in green again someday!! Best of luck, we will truly miss you!! I'll be watching Thunder games now too.

Basketball is a big mans sport. Played by men with big hearts and they don't come much bigger that Perk's. Good luck buddy.
    Our Mean Green Fighting Machine.

We won't forget the man in the middle on the team that finally brought the Championship back to where it belongs. Once a Celtic, always a Celtic.

Good luck at OKC Big Perk.

Cheers from the Legend in Larry's Lunchbox.

184. U r a hell of a ball player! I truly hate the fact that u had to leave the Celtics but I will always love my Big Perk! Dont stop giving um hell on that court player! A Celtic for Life!!

Hey Perk,
    It is hard to look at PP, KG, Ray Allen and Rondo on the floor and imagine anyone else fitting in as the fifth in a band of brothers. You are terribly missed and you will be missed for a long time to come.

so sad to see Perk go.

187. Janet says:

As you were rehabbing your knee, you participated in Celtics Live, answering questions and commenting. Someone asked you what you aspired to do, and you responded be a good father. You are good person; it is obvious. This is the reason that team mates, fans, and management are sad to see you go. You are a winner, always!

It's ironic, two of the most beloved Celtics who got shipped out of town for no sensible reason wore #43. Gerald Henderson back in the 1980's and now you Perk.

I'm a professional musician and a huge Celtics fan. Every gig I've played this weekend people have come over to console me because of your trade.

It really bothers me to see you leave and especially the way you were shipped out. After watching some of these primodonnas like Lebron 'Melo. etc. hold the NBA, it fans and several franchises hostage it makes NO sense you were let go.

There are Centers in this league earning $10-12 Million and they aren't a fraction of the player and the person you are Kendrick. Don't you EVER let anyone tell you differently. You are truly a special player and more important a special person. Your fans will always love you and appreciate your talents. As a loyal fan of the Celtics for nearly 45 years, I felt... embarrased to learn you were traded away. It just isn't right!!

189. I WILL MISS PERK IN CELTICS GREEN.....PERK WILL ALWAYS BE A CELTIC TO ME!

190. yvonne says:

OMG I cant beleive this trade. Its awful! how can we get rid of Perkins and Nate! We love this guys and we will miss them ALOT!

191. yvonne says:

OMG I cant beleive this trade. Its awful! How can we let go of two good players. We will miss you guys and to us you guys will always be a celtics. Nate and Perkins we Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!

the big meanie you will be remembered for that mean celtic attitude i wish you the best you are a champion so keep your head high big boy we the celtic nation will allways see you as a celtic may god give you health and happiness where ever you are but remember we will be waiting for your return forever.

I cried when you were traded! Perhaps the saddest day of an otherwise awesome 2011. Still can't believe it. But because of you, I'm suddenly a Thunder fan. Goodluck!!

194. hey perk i hope all goes great in OKC (you couldnt really ask to get traded to a better team right?) you were a beast to watch and you really fit in perfectly with everyone else on the C's. its only been 2 games and i already miss you but good luck in the NBA man you are awesome.

43: NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN!

thank you for all your hard work perk!
    good luck and I hope to see you in boston again someday <3

BEAT LA!
    haha good luck perk, we miss you already, but you will never be forgotten!

197. RandellK says:

Perk we will miss u as a celtic. Noone epitomised toughness, desire and being a team player more than u did. I was driven to tears reading bill simmons column analyzing the trade and he's right, you are family and will always be family. Best of luck at OKC. We'll miss u big man.

Love you Perk