After knocking off the Blazers last night, the Celtics came out flat in tonight's contest against the Suns, losing 88-71.

Boston shot just 34.2 % from the field and connected on only 2 of their 18 attempts from deep, both courtesy of "Sugar Ray" Allen. The C's made just 65.2% of their foul shots and got out-rebounded 45-40 and out-assisted 23-14.

The Suns jumped out to an early lead, dominating the opening frame 30-16. Boston was never able to come back and trailed by double-digits for the majority of the game.

Kevin Garnett was the lone shining star for the Celts, netting 18 points on 7-13 shooting, while pulling down nine boards. Allen and Paul Pierce combined to shoot just 8-23 from the field. For the first time in as long as I can remember, Rajon Rondo recorded more turnovers (7) than assists (6).

Marcin Gortat, recently acquired from the Magic had a career night coming off the bench. Gortat tallied 19 points on 8-13 shooting and 17 rebounds.

Fellow newcomers Vince Carter and Mickael Pietrus reached double digits as well, netting 17 and 11 points respectively. Steve Nash proved again why he is one of the best PG's in the league, scoring 13 points while dishing out 10 dimes.

Honestly, I think the Celtics just came out flat. It happens every once in awhile. I'm not even going to get into the whole Doc and KG incident. This is like when a team plays so bad, you just throw out the tape.

Shots that usually go down weren't going down. Balls that usually bounced one way were bouncing the other. It happens. I for one would rather it be tonight than Sunday afternoon against L.A.

With the loss, Boston drops to 35-11, while Phoenix improves to 21-24. The C's and Lakers will face off at 3:30 for the first time since last year's NBA Finals.

Stephen Bailey 1/29/2011 02:24:00 AM Edit

1. We are still beatable :(

Everyone is beatable if:

1. You don't play well
    2. Your team is veteran and has a tough schedule
    3. The refs make sure you don't even try to think about winning

3. Just a dud game, that's all. It's bound to happen a couple times over the course of an 82 game season.

4. Banner 18 says:

Terrible ejections..just fucked up the game completely.
    The worst was how Pietrus smacked KG in the throat (tech on KG) and the flop by Frye (tech on KG).

I just wish KG beat the fuck out of Frye, Piertus, and that damn ref. (and Gortat for flopping on the 'charge by Rondo') - Rondo will not knock big ass Gortat off his feet.. ughh..

How about a foul on Grant Hill for whacking Wafer as he went to the rim?! Fuck Stern and his 'best refs in the world'. they all are pieces of shit. Stern needs to be banned from Earth.

Celts better come out with a fire vs LA..they better not play like shit against them..ughh..im super pissed.

5. shelbyl says:

I just watched the highlights... So, how the f*** did KG get a technical out of that should-be-Oscar-nominee Frye action? He flops and then stands up and initiates contact with KG, KG barely does anything.

Wow, I'm really glad that I skipeed this game, I could've broken a table or two.

6. Three Toe says:

I doubt many sun's fans were satisfied with that win. they didnt beat the celtics, they beat the cavaliers in green. we weren't ourselves and played like we were still sleeping. Also, I think Rondo had more turnovers than assists in the previous game against the blazers. Apparently there is something out west that is killing us. Drugs, fake tits, sleep deprivation, I don't know, but FOCUS, CELTICS.

lol about the fake tits :P

8. This game was a joke and a half. After Docs technical which shouldnt have even happen because that gay ref went into their huddle trying to get Doc a technical the refs were just going to make sure they weren't going to win. When the refs, who get nothing out of making fucked up calls, don't want you to win, no matter how hard you try your not going to win. The Suns better watch out next time they are going to get butchered

I predicted 3-1 on this trip and this being the game they lost. Just an impossible back-to-back. Hoping Glen Davis' injury isn't serious. Since more of Harangody is a problem.

Figures I ate at a Polish restaurant last night that the Polish Hammer goes wild lol.

Ok guys listen last night was a joke, almost a set up if you will i know it seemed all over but after we had cut it down to single digits. the reffs turned against us.. calling flops and giving our guys tech. now that this team is angry, If I was the Lakes I'd watch out but now it gets interesting knowing both the celtics and lakers loss last night, both wanna avenge a bad loss, and we are more angry then the lakers. This is going to be another dog fight, I believe strongly that we can beat the lakers. Shaq qill have a huge night since he didnt play much last night and perk and KG are just angry... Rondo is going to be more agrressive paul will draw fouls and Ray will just light it up.. Im hoping for this and it seems very possible. If you agree with me let me know :. U dont mess with an angry Celtic.. period