"He's not that good. He's not that important. Eminently replaceable."
That was Andy Gresh on CSNNE Sports Tonight describing Kendrick Perkins after Perk said in his SLAM interview that he wants to be a Celtic for life. Didn't even know who that portly guy was until I had to research his name to give him credit for that asinine quote (Which was probably the reason he made it). What is it about Boston media members and their need to be blowhards? His buddy to the left Gary Tanguay doesn't shy from this sort of talk either. I love how he made 3 guarantees last Summer: 'Sheed to Boston, Baby to San Antonio and Grant Hill to Boston. One came true and he's been bragging about it ever since (If you're local you can see his "I told you it would happen and it did" commercial still playing on CSNNE). Don't even get me started on Shank Shaughnessy or the Big Show clowns.

Not all Boston media members are horrible. I loved Marc Spears while he was here. Michael Holley is fine and Jessica Camerato and A. Sherrod Blakely are both good. Jackie MacMullan is also one of the best in the business. Not to stereotype, but for one reason or another it seems that almost all of the loud mouth idiots in the Boston Media tend to be white males. I could see someone bitching about that line in the comments section, but oh well.

So regarding Any Gresh's statement, I just wonder does he watch Celtics basketball? Does he know that the Celtics haven't won a playoff game in the past three years without Perkins? Is he aware that basketball is more than offensive numbers? Who is Perkins so replaceable with? Who's as good a defensive center in the league and who will also happen to be available next Summer for the Celtics to bring in? Part of the reason this stuff bothers me is that many fans listen to the garbage these blowhards spit out. Maybe they do it, so they can get good ratings and hold on to their job. Well all I have to say about Andy Gresh is "You're not any that good. You're not that important. Eminently replaceable."

JR 9/09/2010 03:11:00 PM Edit

Gresh is a piece of crap who is only in the business because his father in law had something to do with ESPN.....He is a disgrace to Sports Journalism

Is there a mail adress we could send our complaints? I mean, it doesn't affect me that much since I live about 6000 miles away from Boston but watching that video really got me pumping. That guy really pissed me off!
    Plus I think that the greatest franchise in the history of basketball, possibly greatest franchise in the history of any sports and the fans (again among the top sportsfans around) deserve much better.
    It's not like you hear any LA sportsguy talking about how he's not happy about the mental state of their players - not to mention that concern would be understandable, unlike the gibberish of this Gresh fellow.

I'm a white male, and I COMPLETELY agree with JR, especially about that fat slob Gresh and the loudmouthed morons on The Pig Show. I hate sports-talk radio in general, but again I agree w/ JR about Holley, MacMullan, etc. They're good. The rest of them are by and large know-nothings with big mouths that like to stir the pot. I can't believe people actually listen to these shows to get information about sports.

4. Jenda, I'll send a mail from Brazil as well. :-)

Esse cara é um tremendo imbecil, idiota, não sabe porra nenhuma.

5. "White Males" huh JR? Very uncalled for. I'm a white male, and I take offense.

6. Rod Higgins says:

Fuck off Norman, you take offense with everything.

Informative.

hey edu i´m from brazil too.
    se vc quiser me add no msn pauloporto_uerj@hotmail.com
    seria legal poder conversar com alguem sobre os Celtics.

8. Andy Gresh is an idiot and can't have watched many games or he would know just how important Perk is to this team. I'm sure all he knows about basketball is to look at the box score and if there aren't big numbers there, the player isn't important. I'm sure Perk's teammates would all take exception to that idiotic statement by Gresh. Perk is very crucial to this team and even with the O'Neals on board I expect Perk to be the one in the starting lineup come playoff time because in the playoffs defense becomes more important than in the regular season and Perk is one of the best defensive centers in the league. And anyone with a brain knows it. Gresh apparently doesn't have a brain.

9. ThomasJ says:

Idiot. Gresh probably liked Rick Robey at center.

Just wrote them. With all the aspects of a formal e-mail.
    I guess my life is in ruins when I have the time and the energy to do so, huh?lol

Kendrick Perkins is a very solid center in the league, no matter what a clown like this can say on tv. He's played in the Celtics all his career and has given it all for the green. He already lost some money when he resigned with us some years ago and I bet he's willing to lose some more in order to resign here. When he was healthy he was a candidate for All Star in the East. He can averaged almost a double double playing for 30 min and having KG and other players as teammates...He bleeds green and wants to be a celtic forever...so WHAT ELSE can anybody ask for?? Why honest, straight-forward, hard working people always get underrated? Because he doesn't participate in commercials? Because he doesn't sell??

This Gresh is a joke...and the worst thing is that he's not a Laker commentator or anything...just plainly stupid

12. Thank you for the address to contact CSN, Jenda. I just wrote them as well.

13. You forgot to put Chris Forsberg on the list of "good guys"

14. Yep, Chris is one of the best!

Probably still basing that off Chad Ford's infamous draft assessment: Perk bad, Darko good.

16. Chooch says:

People talking about hoops who don't know hoops pisses me off. But on espn, where the analysts are expected to know almost every team in every major sport, it's at least somewhat excusable. When all this guy is responsible for is primarily Boston sports, he REALLY should know that Perk is probably the Celtics' most consistent defensive player (depending on how much you penalize KG for health). Don't listen to Gersh.

17. Karl says:

I agree with everything you said JR. I was up in Massachusetts for only 4 years but noticed all the things you did. MacMullan is great as are the two others you mentioned. I also like Bob Ryan for the most part. Perk's the best center in the East aside from Dwight Howard and we won't win a title or even get close without him.

Agree totally with your assesment of the Boston sports radio scene as well as the certified douchebaggery of Mr. Gresh.
    And yes, white male blowhards, at least typically, suck. I should know. My dad is one.

thanks, anonymous (is that your real name?) for FINALLY spelling douchebaggery correct. I mean, c'mon, what're we, Fakers fans?

Okay, I agree with what you're saying, and Gresh is probably the most annoying personality in Boston sports, but I just don't get the "white" reference. So, there are a number of sports talk columnists who are annoying pea-brains who regularly stir the pot, and who also happen to be white. So? I don't understand your point. Are you saying that they are the way they are because they're white? Or were you simply "stirring the pot" to make a name for yourself?
    And to some others who posted on here: let go of your White Guilt. The class problems in this country go well beyond race, and I'm sick and tired of being associated with The Man because of my complexion. Get an education, and become truly aware of what's going on in this country.

Oh, p.s. I found this page from searching Google for: "andy gresh sucks"
    I will not be returning.

22. I'm devastated last anonymous that you won't be returning to this site. I mean absolutely, torn up over it. You were such a valuable contributor to this site and putting up the name "Anonymous" really made an impact. You will be missed.

Won't you please reconsider coming back? I miss you so.

Norman talking some sence. That's like two times a year rarity.
    this article actually makes a lot of sence. And it brings a lot of sence to the "eminently replaceable" quote. Kendrick Perkins plays basketball and our dear Andy Bleh is a football "expert".

Lol, last anonymous is totally in cahoots with "The Man." I contacted "The Man" and he confirmed he's part of his team.

25. Rich60375 says: