Boston Globe
"I thought it was a great pickup for what we got him for," Perkins said by phone from Texas. "Shaq is a Hall of Famer. He can always help us. I think it was a great pickup. I am glad that he is on the team. We just got one goal, and that's just trying to win the ring."

Team president Danny Ainge said last week that Perkins would have to work to regain his starting spot in the lineup when he returned to full health. Perkins said he is not intimidated by that challenge.

"I don't see it threatening me at all," he said. "I gotta work hard. I know I gotta fight to get back to where I was. It's no problem with me. Hard work is not a problem."
Worth clicking on the above link and reading the whole article. You know with Perk everything he says is complete honesty. No BS. He makes a great interview in my opinion because of this. I loved the "I thought it was a great pickup for what we got him for" part. Hey he's just being honest. I love how Shaq keeps telling people he "chose" Boston as if he had tons of lucrative offers elsewhere. Anyway, back to Perk, I love him. Hope he wins the starting gig back.

Also check out: Why Danny Needs to Give Perk an Extension and Has Perkins played his last game in Boston?

JR 8/20/2010 02:51:00 PM Edit

1. Tim Kempton says:

Informative

2. Steve Scheffler says:

Entertaining

3. Scott says:

Provocative

4. Three Toe says:

haha, we have good commenters.

Why should Perk need to win his job back? How can that not bother him? He did win a ring as a starting center, and it seems obvious he would have won another one last season. That game 7 should indicate how important he is. I think he should be starting as soon as his injury is over with. He should have to prove that he CAN'T play his position before he gets replaced, in my opinion. All I know is that the BETTER not be the beginning of management trying to run Perk out of town, for injury concerns or whatever it is, with passive-aggressive crap.

5. Three Toe says:

Also, I wonder how the rest of the team, especially Rondo, feels about this. Team chemistry could be affected here.

Good points 3Toe. I feel like Perk was just as important as the rest of the starters last year. Fact is we don't win playoff games without Perk. If it was Ray who blew out his knee, I'd assume he wouldn't have to win his starting spot back.

Perk should come back as the starter and J.Oneal should play the 'Sheed role off the bench. Shaq should play the Shelden role.

7. ThomasJ says:

Correct Three Toe. We already know his defensive and rebounding presence is absolutely necessary to beat teams like Orlando and LA and he will dominate whoever Miami sticks in the middle. His starting spot should be as secure as anyone's with this current roster.

As much as I was initially horrified with to see Shaq in green, I am now totally cool with it based on the price and a back up/Shelden role.

I believe Ainge just said that to piss Perk off and make him work as hard as possible. However, work as hard as possible is the only work for Perk and I'd bet Perk is on fire because he feels like C's were just a knee injury (KG's and Perk's respectively) away from the title.