"They see you hurt, they see you get dunked on, they think your guard is down. That’s when I take the clips off my guns." KG

It is so funny to see how quickly people forget. Sports fans promptly shift moods and erase the most immediate memories from their heads. It is as if players should prove themselves every night to remind us of who they are. Some fans are like characters from the Memento movie, constantly marking things on their bodies and using their polaroids to avoid forgetting about past actions from our heroes. They all make use of youtube vids, quotations from past years and diverse articles from the web.

On a day like this, after the brutal deception of a loss against the Los Angeles Lakers, I witness once more the multiple acts of disbelief spread all over the web. Everyone thinks Kevin Garnett is old and washed up. Some people want even to start Wallace over him (showing my point of capricious change of opinion from some fans) and label the future Hall of Famer as soft.

I have decided I will not use any proof to talk about the power of Kevin Garnett, I will study no ink tattooed on my body to remind me of who are we talking about. I will not talk about 2008, I won't talk about MVP awards, I won't mention All Star selections or highlight dunks from the web. I have no doubts with who Kevin Garnett is. I know who he is. And more importantly I know what he will do on game 2 of the Finals.

On Game 2 of the 2010 NBA Finals Kevin Garnett will prove once more why he is one of the best forwards in the history of the game, and he'll show how ridiculous and groundless are the assumptions of his demise. He will make a fool of all those anonymous or house made threads that declare him dead. He will dominate and deliver as he's always done.

I don't forget who Kevin Garnett is and I will surely not forget what will happen tomorrow. KG is the identity of this team and the Boston Celtics will get a victory at the Staples Center on game 2. Clear and sure as Kevin Garnett's basketball DNA.

“I like it, though, these people saying this stuff, they don’t know [expletive] about me."

Bohemian 6/05/2010 04:37:00 AM Edit

Anyone who wanted Wallace to start over KG is either a fool or Lakers fan.

2. Karl says:

Completely agree. Like I've said a million times we live in a what have you done for me lately society." Garnett is going to make Gasol eat those words.

3. Lauri says:

They must've forgot the kid has turned into DA MAN... Can't wait for game 2!!!

4. The Coach says:

What a bad move by Gasol. This is last guy you want to say those things about right now. Thank you Pau. KG is going to swing the series tomorrow night. BEAT LA... LETS GO!!!

I heard somewhere (i think it was on ESPN Boston vid) that KG watched the whole game on tape on Thursday, has seen it again and plans to watch it a final time before Game 2. Do you know anyone who is a better competitor than Garnett?? I don't. He will destroy LA

Haha I know right?? Gasol is a joke the only reason he is any good is because of the KOBE BRYANT and PHIL JACKSON. If Gasol didnt play for the Lakers he would be a nobody. Now here is a quote 4rm Dave Cowens (hall of famer)"Yea sure Phil Jackson is 48-0 when winning the first game in a series in the post season, but RECORDS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN". KG is gona stuff the ball in your faces in Game 2.

I must say I'm tired of the whole Phil Jackson playoff record. When was the last time he won a series against the Celtics in the playoffs?

8. ThomasJ says:

Thank you for some more insightful writing Bohemian!

I'm as long time loyal KG fan as you will find but I will admit that age and a serious knee injury have diminished him physically. That's just reality. He still has unmatched fire and desire and that will show tomorrow night.

Pau shouldn't have said anything. He is in his physical prime but there isn't any part of the game that he equals KG in his respective prime. Nothing - shooting, passing, rebounding, defense or any other intangible. People need to remember that. Pau has never led or carried a team of lesser players successfully. He had his chance in Memphis.

Right JR there is no reason to talk of any prior Phil playoff records. If we've learned anything with this years team is things are never happen the easy predictable way. It was over after that game 3 thrashing from the cavs, wasn't it?

KG...you are the BEST!

10. Karl says:

KG carried a franchise with the likes of Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassel as its best players. Gasol wouldn't have even made the playoffs with that team. Please destroy them tonight KG.