The real experts have assessed the matchups and made their predictions for each series.  Remember: this isn't necessarily who each writer is rooting for, rather who they're picking to win.

Cavs vs Bulls

in 6
in 6
Mavs vs Spurs
in 7
in 7
in 7

So who do you like in each series and why?

tb727 4/15/2010 07:36:00 PM Edit

Interesting, all our picks are within one game.

Even more interesting you and Karl picked all the same teams. Do you guys share half-a-brain lmao?

1. Cavs in 6

I actually believe the Bulls will generate some problems to the Cavs. With Shaq back, Cleveland will be a step slower and the Bulls will run more. At the end, LeBron and his referees will lead them to the second round

2. Celtics in 6

No question about it. I think that our real problem will be Cleveland in the second round, but with the Heat we will manage to pass without too much trouble

3. Hawks in 7

The Bucks are very well coached and will give a very tough time to the Hawks, even without Bogut. They are one of the most underrated team in the league. In the end, Atlanta has more talent and they are young with some playoff experience, which will make them advance. I actually think that the Hawks can reach the Conference Finals for the aforementioned reasons

4. Magic in 6

Orlando is better, but the Bobcats will make them play.

5. Lakers in 5

Durant is awesome but so is Artest's defense (combined with some help from referees). The Thunder are good but also inexperienced. As the Celtics the Lakers haven't ended the season in a high note, but they are vets ready to bite in the playoffs. I wish the Thunder could win at least 3 or 4 ;) but I don't think it's likely

6. Jazz in 7

Probably the toughest series, very solid and (normally) well coached teams. With Karl's illness and some problems for the Nuggets early I can see the Jazz advancing in 7 games. It will be exciting to watch these series

7. Suns in 6

The Blazers are still inexperienced in the Playoffs. Is Roy playing? They are talented, so they will win a couple...but the Suns are better

8. Spurs in 7

I believe the Spurs will advance because they are a true team, very well coached, with experience and with very talented and savvy players.

Another beautiful series. I actually think the Spurs will beat the Mavs because of their experience and coaching. They have a very solid team too, and they've proven than when healthy they can beat anybody.

Great stuff Bohemian. I like the Mavs a lot but i totally see how you could pick the Spurs- I was on the fence with that one. Wish the Flakers got the Spurs in the first round...

Happy Birthday Karl!

Happy Birthday Karl as well!

7. ThomasJ says:

Agree with all of your picks as a group, only the games it takes - I see Boston in 5 (not more than 6) and the Cavs not more than 5 (possible sweep) I think Durant will have to avg 50 for them to get more than 5 vs LA (OKC has nothing inside)

1 for JR, 0 for the rest of us...

Sweet! We should get half a point for getting the winner right and then an additional full point if we get the exact games. Just a suggestion. You the boss like Tony Danza.

1 for me and Karl. And kudos to Bohemian for picking San Antonio

Thanks! I got Phoenix too ;)