This was an embarrassment to everyone associated with basketball.  The game was poorly officiated in the first half- Celts should've been up at least 12 instead of 9.  Then the third quarter came around and it was an abomination.  A flagrant on Big Baby, 2 technical fouls and an ejection on Doc and a technical foul on Armond Hill.  With that, all of the great play and the hard work the Celtics had put into building their lead evaporated.

There's not much else to say about this game other than it was the worst officiated game since the Lakers game in Boston last year.  That's 2-3 for the Celtics in these type games and 6-0 for the Flakers.  Need I say more?

In order to win you have to be good and lucky.  Granted there was no KG and Sheed which really hurt, and I still rather play these pricks in the playoffs then anyone else.  It's just I think it's pretty much over regarding home court advantage.  Too many close, unlucky losses.  It's a disgrace that an outcome of a game can be put squarely in the hands of the officials.  And that's exactly what happened tonight.

Lastly for all you NBA haters out there who claim you  can watch the last 2 minutes of a game to learn the result, here's a perfect example why you can't.  Go watch that 3rd quarter atrocity, where the refs decided the outcome of this one.

tb727 1/11/2010 10:16:00 PM Edit

1. Three Toe says:

Watch out, TB727 is pissed haha. you need to realign your chi, man. though agree, a lot of bad calls tonight.

Once we get KG and Nasty back, the pillaging will resume, and even the refs won't be able to stop us wuahaha.

It's frustrating being a Celtics fan this year, I gotta say. How can't you be pissed when the Lakers are given a game against Milwaukee earlier in the year and the Celtics are given a loss tonight?

I generally don't bitch a lot about officiating, because I think it evens out, but this year the luck games have all failed to go the Celtics way- while the Lakers have won EVERY single one.

I'm about ready to punch a window I'm so fucking heated right now....

3. brbos says:

trash game - i've been complaining to the NBA about the refs for years - they've always had something against the C's - ever since we had Walker (antoine) when he used to cry and complain to them all the time. I've noticed it since then anways.

4. The Coach says:

Couldn't agree more. My neighbor knocked on my door last night late in the 3rd quarter to make sure everything in the apartment was ok, that is how loud I was yelling at my screen. I have seen a lot of bull shit in my time as a player, coach and fan but last night was one of the worst I have ever seen, especially on your own home court!!! Nothing evened out, nothing!!! They need to revisit the flagrant foul rules because I am lost.

Losing Friday was bad enough, but understandable as we were thin and Sheed was terrible, but we had that game last night.

With that being said, the offensive execution after Doc was ejected was downright awful.

Pierce post up followed by Pierce post up with a lot of standing around really slowed down the ball movement and never gave us a chance to regain that rhythm.

When KG, Sheed and Daniels are back together I think the Celtics are going to take a lot out on people.

Scal for 3...got it

Yeah that was an atrocity last night. There are certain losses I accept when the Celts are outplayed- last night, the Celtics DOMINATED for 2.5 quarters. Then the refs took the game into their hands and that was that.

Worst game I've seen officiated since the Lakers home game last year, although I still say that game trumps this one.

And wow Coach you must've been heated. The last time I had a neighbor check in with me to make sure everything was ok was Game 5 of the 2002 Philly series, because I was screaming with joy from all those 3s that were going in lmao.

I have made a video, which is a short compilation of some of the terrible calls or non calls of the game (there were so many that this is just a sample). Here it is, feel free to spread it :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxO_Gmtpm80