NBA 2022–23: Boston Celtics season overview, betting odds, and predictions
The Boston Celtics seemed untouchable, and it seemed obvious that they would go into the playoffs with the top spot in the eastern conference. But three straight losses at the beginning of March were enough to break the momentum they had throughout the midseason.
Punters around the States now wonder if the Celtics are still a reliable option to bet on. The drop in form might or might not be momentary, but they need momentum to do well in the playoffs, and their 5–5 record in the last 10 matches doesn’t help.
Let’s look at the betting prospects of the Boston Celtics, see the odds that bookmakers are offering on them, assess their recent performance, and try to come up with some accurate predictions in order to help punters make some informed betting choices on the Celtics.
Is it Legal to bet on NBA Games in Ohio?
Yes, the punters in Ohio recently saw all kinds of sports betting legalized in the state. This includes betting on basketball leagues, namely the NBA, and all divisions of college basketball, including the NCAA. So, if you’re an NBA betting aficionado living in Ohio, you’re in luck, as popular Ohio sports betting operators like betJACK.com offer various types of odds on every NBA game as well as futures bet on different outcomes of the ongoing season.
Previews for the Future Celtics Games This Season
The end of the regular season is almost here. The Celtics have to be careful as the Philadelphia 76ers are breathing on their shoulders and threatening to take over the second seed of the conference, and they won’t let go without a fight.
As the playoffs are the matches that matter most, it would be wiser to plan ahead of time which games they should fight hard for and which games they can afford to slack off and rest key players, which they most likely did. Because every team would want their important players fresh for the matches ahead.
It would be a good idea to size up the remaining games in order to come to a definite idea of how the remaining regular season, and most importantly the playoffs (as well as the possible finals), will go for the Boston Celtics.
- Boston Celtics vs. San Antonio Spurs (March 26): This should be an easy matchup for the Celtics, and should be a win for them even if the key players are rested.
- Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards (March 28): The Wizards are totally out of momentum (3-7 in the last 10 matches) and don’t pose any threats to the Celtics if they don’t do anything drastic with the bench and leave the squad vulnerable.
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks (March 30): The Bucks are on a roll, currently occupying the top seed, so this is a match the Celtics would want to win at any cost. This match can go any way, but as it matters more for the Celtics, they will probably take the edge.
- Boston Celtics vs. Utah Jazz (March 31): There will be some players on rest after the high-voltage match against the Bucks, but the Celtics won’t make the same mistake as last time when they lost to the Jazz by a single point on March 19.
- Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers (April 4): Another high-voltage match that the Celtics can’t afford to lose, as they’ll most likely lose the second seed if they do. The 76ers are on a roll (9-1 in the last 10 games) and the match can go either way.
- Boston Celtics vs. Toronto Raptors (April 5): Tight schedule, so key players will be rested. The Raptors’ form has been nothing to boast about, and it should be a win for the Celtics, if there’s no drastic benching involved.
- Boston Celtics vs. Toronto Raptors (April 7): Back-to-back matches and this will probably yield the same result.
- Boston Celtics vs. Atlanta Hawks (April 9): The Hawks haven’t been doing that well, but if the Celtics bench too many key players, an upset is not impossible.
Boston Celtics NBA Odds
The Celtics currently hold second place in the odds table for both conference supremacy and the championship after the Milwaukee Bucks. Their odds for topping the Eastern Conference are +140 (+125 for the Bucks), as offered by betJACK. Their odds of winning the championship are +350 (after the Bucks’ +275 odds). You can find moneyline or point spread odds for every match, along with various props and novelty bets.
Some Word of Advice Before We Go
Betting should be fun—something you do to add to the excitement of a game. Remember, it's crucial to gamble responsibly. Set a budget that you should never cross, don't chase losses, and only bet what you can afford to lose. And finally, make sure to read the terms and conditions of the betting site of your choice before placing any bets.