1/27/2016 01:40:00 PM
As the Celtics were preparing for their game tonight with the Nuggets, there were 16 teams in action last night. Here are 12 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (12-34) lost to the Heat at home last night. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. Brooklyn has the third-worst record in the NBA, which gives them a 46.9% chance of landing in the top three and 15.6% chance of receiving the number one pick. As of today, the bottom of the league standings are as follows:
5. Suns 14-32
4. Timberwolves 14-32
3. Nets 12-34
2. Lakers 9-38
1. 76ers 7-39
2. The Celtics (25-21) were idle last night. They are currently projected to receive the 20th pick in the NBA draft. As of this morning, their complete list of picks include 3, 20, 21, 31, 34, 50, 51 and 57.
3. The Mavericks (26-21) beat the Lakers by two last night. With both the Grizzlies and Rockets winning though, Dallas is now one game back of the fifth seed and a half-game away from moving all the way back to the seventh seed. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 21st pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. Knicks lost to the Thunder in OT, 128-122.
5. 76ers beat the Suns 113-103.
6. Nets lost to the Heat 102-98.
7. Raptors beat the Wizards 106-89.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 1/27
New York 22-25
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
8. Winners: Heat and Raptors
9. Losers: Pacers
Eastern Conference Standings as of 1/27
1. Cavaliers 31-12
2. Raptors 30-15
3. Hawks 27-19
4. Bulls 25-19
5. Celtics 25-21
6. Heat 25-21
7. Pistons 24-21
8. Pacers 23-22
10. Paul Pierce played 23 minutes in the Clippers win over the Pacers. He finished with 5 points, 2 rebounds and 2 steals.
11. Rajon Rondo played 30 minutes in the Kings loss to the Blazers last night. He went 7 of 16 from the field and finished with 15 points, 11 assists and 5 rebounds.
12. Brandon Bass played 14 minutes in the Lakers loss to the Mavericks last night. He finished with 5 points and 4 rebounds.
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Nuggets @ Celtics
Suns @ Cavaliers
76ers @ Pistons
Clippers @ Hawks
Mavericks @ Warriors
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
1/27/2016 01:40:00 PM