According to Yahoo Sports' Marc J. Spears, "Celtics Kevin Garnett won't receive suspension or fine for physical incident with Knicks Billy Walker, NBA says." (Just in case you missed the video from the altercation, click here).

Consider this a belated Christmas gift from the NBA, especially if the Celtics are without Pietrus and Pierce for Tuesday's game with the Miami Heat. Sherrod Blakely from Comcast Sports Net New England says that Pietrus will not be joining the team in Miami, and Pierce is still a question mark. So the lack of a KG suspension is music to any Celtics' fans ears.

Danielle Hobeika 12/26/2011 05:33:00 PM Edit

1. shelbyl says:

He should have received a fine. I cannot say whether he should have been suspended or not solely based on this video that does not give us any clue about the exchange between the two, but it is fair to say that a fine was deserved on KG's part.

2. If the C 's beat Miami w/o Pierce and Pietrus that would be be quite astonishing. Short of that...I wouldn't expect that just having Garnett will be enough to cause any early celebrations because of today's rendering.

Yeah KG got lucky not getting a fine. Maybe Stern was scared he'd choke him next. Didn't KG go ballistic on the owners/Stern one day during the lockout negotiations? They must not have wanted to deal with sending someone to collect the fine. ;)

Who knows what happened there. First Walker went to shake hands with KG when he saw him getting on the bus, which no one would do after someone tried to choke them, then NBA did this, or should I say didn't do a thing. I'm starting to believe that KG's quite innocent here.

I'm not sure about the innocent thing, but competitive guys often have words/come to near blows are are friends moments later. Pietrus and KG got into it last year, yet Pietrus named KG as the guy he was excited to play with after signing with the C's.

6. shelbyl says:

Competition is good. Physical Mexican standoffs are fun. Sucker punch attempts are amazing.

Choking is not. When there is actual and possibly dangerous contact involved, then there should be fines.

7. Celtics blog #1 says:

Your seriously complaining because kg didnt get fined.....wow sounds like your not a celtics fan

Im glad he didnt get fined or suspended. Forget what the other people are talking about. We need him for miami. I hate that we started off the season with a loss

9. shelbyl says:

I'm a Celtics fan, celtics blog #1. I've been commenting on this blog for years.

Here's the thing, though. The next time I complain about how unfair my player is treated, I don't want to have that on my conscience. I value principles more than I do winning a regular season game. That's why I'm a Celtics fan in the first place.

I am surprised that KG did not get fined but on the other hand really glad he will be playing against the Heat.

11. Greg Ostertag says:

I wanted a full out brawl...knicks should not be celebrating after they were given the game by the work of the refs

12. darn those techs says:

He should have chocked Joey Crawford for the techs he called. That's what won the game for the knickerbockers.

Glad he didn't get fined. I miss the old days when guys could slug it out and play with blood dripping down their face. It's too soft now and I bet Joey Crawford's wife says the same thing about him