I'm starting to get a bad feeling that Ainge is going to end up trading Rondo and not end up with either Howard or CP3. But don't worry, he'll assure us all on the radio after the deal that he got the best player in the deal. Even if ends up being George Hill.

JR 11/30/2011 10:50:00 AM Edit

1. Clay says:

Yes! That's fine. We just need to keep Rondo. Don't need another K. Perkins situation on our hands

thank god, we need to keep Rondo. Rondo is still getting better, CP3 has reached his maximum abilities already, which are great, but who knows where Rondo can go from here

If that's true than Paul's a bitch.

There should be a rule in the new CBA that the Heat, Lakers, and Knicks are prohibited from hoarding any more stars. If CP3 goes to the Knicks and Howard to the Lakers, I'll start my own lockout.

5. Yeah, I wonder why he won't goto the C's... Maybe he wants to group up with the Heat..

6. PAL says:

The only way the Celtics can land CP3 is if they land Howard first and that isn't likely with only 31/2 half weeks to opening day of the 2012 season. On the other hand it's hard to believe Boussard or ESPN.

Fuck that I'm glad that shit is over RONDO ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!

IF RONDO GOES...THE CELTICS WILL NEVER WIN!!

8. shelbyl says:

I have said this before (like, a year ago or so) on this very blog that when Celtics are going to rebuild, they might need to/have to part with Rondo. Rondo is a great PG, no question about it. Yet the reason Rondo is great is partly (scratch that, mostly) because he's with great company.

Big 3 will be gone soon. After that, Cs have two paths ahead: A point guard that mostly points to what others should do (i.e. Rondo), a point guard that mostly scores points (i.e. Nelson), or a point guard that does both awesomely (i.e. Paul/Williams)

I would not trade Rondo for any of those PGs in the first two categories (at least for now), but then the third category PGs are the best options when a team is going to start rebuilding.

I love Rondo. I love his sarcasm, his presence, his attitude, his everything. Yet we need to face it: come 2013, he might not be what the Cs need in order to thrive.

9. Brendan says:

the celtics can't win without rondo! no team has ever made a trade for the best point guard in the league and won. i've been a celtic fan as soon as kg got traded here so I know all about the celtics and rondo has this thing called chemistry that can't be made in one off-season. it's not like kg, pierce and ray only had one training camp together before they one a title.

10. Chris Paul can't go to the Knicks. He'd have to take a huge pay cut, plus New York doesn't have the pieces to trade for him.

I'm with Mike Saver on this one. Screw the "source" that says Paul won't sign an extension there. They said that about KG before that deal happened. Let Doc talk to him so he realizes he'll be playing for the best coach in the league.

12. @Brendan

Kg, Pierce and Ray did only have one training camp together before they won a title. They won it the first year they came together.

13. The McRib was back says:

Who's Chris Paul?

AM i going to be banned for that sarcastic comment?

I'm praying we keep Rondo...CP3 or anyone else for that matter could replace him

What's to stop 'Melo and Amar'e from just writing checks each for $2 mil each season and giving them to CP3? They'd still get paid what Wade gets. How is that monitored.

p.s. How do we know that Arison/Riley aren't paying LeBron under the table?

p.p.s. I'm tired of names with apostrophes.

Thank GOD we are not letting GO of Rondo he holds us together without him we would truly not win a champinship

17. To TB's point: Wolves-Celtics trade talk? Garnett says forget it http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

I think CP3 to Boston remains a possibility, but it won't happen for a couple months. Paul and the Hornets first have to play a game of chicken and once Paul realizes that the Hornets won't trade him to the Knicks, he'll entertain other teams. Also the Big 3 could recruit him. For some reason I see Paul ending up with the Clippers though in a package for Eric Gordon.

19. CP3 to Boston DEFINITELY remains a possibility. Garnett said the same thing back in '07. Paul could be convinced to resign once here, once he gets a taste of The Celtics.

20. QD says:

Jesse, you DEFINITELY have an inside source huh?

21. Im a fan of chris paul. I think he is arguably the best (or most complete) pg in the league. But im kinda glad to hear this. His knees have been an issue in the past and I don't think we need any more of those type of issuses (we already have two injury prone players in jo and delonte if we resign him).
    if the c's are looking for a backup pg, they could look into a guy like aaron brooks. I think he is a fa.

22. Reean says:

Cp3 should/will sign a contract with Boston.... Cp3 should be honored to be even think of playing with Boston

JR the game of chicken, yes I understand. So my question is why didn't the Buffoon play chicken with Gasol? And furthermore, if the Buffoon was New Orleans' gm, would he have traded Paul by the time you're reading this, without talking up his value?