SLAM Magazine posted a nice lengthy interview with Delonte West today on their site. Delonte discusses everything from the motorcycle guns incident, wearing an ankle bracelet monitor, Gloria James, and dealing with his bipolar disorder. Definitely worth a read. I know Delonte wants a multi year deal and Danny doesn't want to sign anyone past this season, but I'd love to see Delonte back with the Celtics. In my opinion, after the Big 4, he's the most talented player the Celtics had last season (after Perk was traded).

JR 9/21/2011 06:52:00 PM Edit

1. Morlon Wiley says:

Informative

What a fascinating read. I'm not sure about anyone else but I've definitely never heard that explanation for carrying the weapons. Or that Delonte stopped the police himself saying he wasn't capable of driving. Delonte should know better; police are NEVER out to help someone. Just to be dicks and play games like trying to catch you going over the speed limit or if you have a tail-light out. The last person I'd stop if I needed help would be a cop.

If Delonte's account is accurate, it puts things in an entirely different light. I'd love to see him come back to the Celtics with a 2 year deal and a player option in the second season.

Lol on your "Delonte should know better; police are NEVER out to help someone," line. Honestly I never found the whole transporting weapons thing to be a big deal. It was just a funny story to me. It wasn't like he threatened anyone with one like Crittenton and Arenas.

Out of curiosity, why a player option TB?

The player option is for him JR. He says he wants a long-term deal well if the Celts blow up the team after next year, he can either pick it up and be the Ron Harper of the 99 Bulls on a horrendous celtics team or be on his way lol.

Yeah personally I hate player options for the team. Like if the player has a good year, he'll choose to become a FA and you either lose him or have to pay him much more. But if he sucks, you're stuck with him an extra year.

Obviously for the player, they're great. I was just curious why you said you'd love to see him come back with a 2nd year player option. Don't completely understand your thinking as a fan of the team. I want Delonte back though.

6. Jon L. says:

That is one crazy dude.

7. DH says:

Awesome photo collage!

8. Isn't this guy working at Home Depot?

9. Beantown says:

I really want to see him stay here. I was disappointed when we traded him the first time but that was something I could live with when we got the GOAT shooter--Ray Ray. He was a huge part of Cleveland's teams when they were contending and he's almost the perfect combo guard off of the bench that you can find anywhere. On top of all that, you can tell he legitimately appreciates the opportunity the Celtics gave him to come back here.

I hear people saying all the time that the Celtics should've let Delonte close out those games against Miami because Rondo was basically too injured to do the team any good. I don't know if I agree with that or not, because hindsight is 20/20 but I definitely would've felt comfortable with Delonte handling the ball under pressure, I know that for sure.