Disgraced former referee Tim Donaghy breaks down some preferential treatment for the "King with No Ring" James in this video. Then at the 2:30 mark, Donaghy makes a huge accusation towards perennial annoying commentator Jeff Van Gundy.

He knows who's going to win prior. And I think he's making a couple dollars on the side placing some wagers down.
You will recall that Jeff Van Gundy was the coach 6 years ago that accused the league of sending out a memo regarding his player Yao Ming. Van Gundy claimed he received the info from a referee, but when David Stern threatened to severely fine and permanently ban Van Gundy unless he coughed up the name of his informant, Van Gundy changed his story and said no ref had talked to him. Van Gundy was fined $100,000, which was the largest fine ever given to a coach. (source)

You might also enjoy: Do the Mavs Have a Chance? and Today's Video: LeBron's Big Adventure

JR 6/02/2011 12:44:00 AM Edit

this guy is a clown n should be hiding somewhere he reminds me of a snitch that has to wear a mask around his head in court lol that being said every1 knows by now Lebron gets the star treatment its to be expected at this point...but I am starting to think something is fishy with this team honestly I mean they cant close a game all yr and now they r winning games that they are trailing all game n clsoing out games night after night...it may just be the way the league has changed as far as calling fouls and it just plays into their hands idk but somethings up I feel like any1 agree?

Just as I have been saying throughout the playoffs; there's too much money at stake for it to be a real competition. There's been too many questionable calls in every series, particularly the Celtics and, dare I say, the Lakers 2nd round series.

3. GreenBlood23 says:

LBJ should've been given a technical for how reacted with that call too. IF it would've been some other player not named D-Wade or LBJ, its gonna be a technical.

4. Danny says:

I hate Van Gundy..both of them and it wouldn't surprise me if there were or are refs on the take. But, back to that douche Van Ugly he is a LeBron loving awe struck putz just like 90% of all the sports commentators. There is such a love affair withthat ass that its sickening. I just hope that the NBA Finals commercial that I saw him in last night is the closest that he EVER gets to holding that trophy....EVER.

Van Gundy is annoying,doesn't know what he is talking about EVER,he is a Dweeb..and as Gar as the Heat winning..its a sure thing,Refs don't call anything on Lebron or Wade,if they called these games like they are paid to do both would foul out before half..you can't run a player over,that's a DAMN charge,clothes line players that's a freg foul,take 5 steps that's traveling,dribble with ARM straight out..and whine on what little calls they do get called on them,that's a technical

6. What was the Yao Ming memo about?

7. I'm glad Tim is taking the time to point these things out. I see them in games and it makes me so mad that I just want to turn the game off and not watch again. If the refs would call LeBron for all his offensive fouls and travels, he wouldn't be near as good as people think he is.

You it's f up; the NBA is dirty. It's a business, and it's clear that's how things are. It's a shame; many times here i have stated we should start a petition on a reform in the NBA in regards to referees and special treatment. Stern should leave the office, we need new blood; hopefully someone who can fix all of this nonsense. Also, i just want to mention shame on Donaghy; he did what he did,and i agree with all the stuff he is saying, but that is so obvious to all of us anyways. In his case i think he is bitter; why didn't he point out those issues when he could really make a difference.

9. Daniel J says:

@ Anon 2: What questionable calls were there in the Mavs-Lakers series? I only saw game 4. I have a hard time believing the NBA would screw their favorite team.

@ Mike Saver: The Yao Ming memo was sent out in 2004 playoffs to referees telling them basically to keep an eye on Yao Ming and his moving screens, which pretty much translated into "screw over the Rockets".

Lol Daniel, unless Lakers are not the NBA's fave anymore and got replaced by the Heat ;)

I like this guy lol. Finally someone who exposes these stupid ass commentators and refs and all their bs calls and showing how much they ride the heatles (lebron and wades) dicks

Why is Donaghy still working for/associating with people in the sports betting world? I thought his whole schpeel was that he was trying to change his life and talk to kids about not getting involved in sports betting?

13. Daniel J says:

True, Lebron is the new favorite. Still, I see no reason why the NBA would screw the Lakers in favor of the Mavs. They've been wanting that Kobe-Lebron final for years.