In an interview earlier today on WEEI Doc revealed some of his thoughts on Glen Davis. Here's the highlights:

What happened to Big Baby? Was Glen Davis tired of Being "Doc River's whipping boy"?

I don't know what it was. If that was it then that's too bad. To me i thought it was more in between his ears than his play. I thought the whole contract thing affect his play. I thought he had the wrong focus at times because of that. I think when you stray away from just being a team player, and being the role that you're given... I think you struggle. I think all players do and i though Baby did that. Scoring was way too important to him, instead of being who he is. Baby is never going to be a great scorer in our league but he can score. What Baby has to be is an energy player, a guy that takes charges. When you look at his charge numbers from the first 40 games then the last 40 they were cut in half, he got very few of them. I thought a lot of that had to do with he became and thought offensively instead of being an energy player
On if Glen gained weight at the end.
I don't know that, i would guess yes. I think that was clear but i don't know that factually.

If Doc wants him back.
Yea, if we can get him for the right price. I think it would be nice but we can't overpay. That'll be up to Danny and Wyc and them. That's one of the things i stay out of... or at least i try to. But we'd have to get him back in the right frame of mind, not the way he was over the last 20 games. Baby is a good basketball player and he can help us or any other team. But to me only if he plays the right way.

It's safe that this, along with Glen's Game 5 post game comments, spell out the end of Glen Davis in Boston.

Jesse Dampolo 5/16/2011 04:33:00 PM Edit

Yeah when I read this earlier I was thinking not exactly a glowing endorsement of Baby. Coaches rarely talk about being careful not to overpay guys they like.

Stranger things have happened though, so I would 100% say Baby is gone. More like 67%. lol.

Now if he could get his wait down to 67% of it's current amount... ;)

I think Baby is gone too. His lack of consistency hurt our chances, he was supposed to be our sixth man and energy guy and he didn't do any of this in the last weeks

By wait i mean weight* lol

4. Beantown says:

Doc is a well spoken guy, he articulated that masterfully. If he says too much, the media will run with it and try to create more friction if and when Baby comes back.

Baby is best off here, not elsewhere. I'm obviously biased but without KG/Paul/Ray I don't think that Baby would even be half as good as he is now. I honestly thought he was a goof when he was on LSU and the Celtics got a real steal when they picked him in the 2nd round. He still hasn't really taken the training wheels off though. He's not mentally tough enough to withstand the verbal stuff from Doc and he's got too much of an ego to really know his role.

In another 2 or 3 years he'll either be a starter on a bad team who overpays him or he'll be a role player for a good team, that's what I think will happen with Davis. Ultimately it will depend on whether he decides to be like Posey and take the money only to be miserable on the bench OR will he realize that he's got a good thing here in Boston and swallow his ego.

Yeah Bohemian. And he's not really a center. We already have KG and Green to play the 48 minutes at the 4.

6. Glen Davis thinks he could be a starter which a real nice scoring touch... he's not capable of that, and it's never going to sink into his head. Let him go play for some basement dweller for the rest of his career.

One would think he'd be much happier if he just accepted that he's an energy guy off the bench and was stoked he's in the league and gets to play. He definitely has illusions of grandeur.

p.s. I know I messed up that illusions of grandeur thing. What's the phrase?

Haha nice Jesse. I actually started typing delusions, but I misspelled it. I could have just googled the phrase, but sometimes I like to say dumb shit to make everyone else feel smarter. :-)

Baby totally has both Delusions and Illusions of Grandeur. ;)

9. Hilary says:

During Baby's second year, when he was playing far above a 2nd round pick's expectation for a bargain price, I was sure the Celtics would trade him before they had to re-sign.

After Baby's second year, when he was a restricted free agent who had had an excellent playoff performance, I was sure he would leave.

Last year, when Baby went braindead and broke his hand, I was sure the Celtics would ship him out ASAP.

This year, when there was talk of keeping only one of Baby/Perk, I was sure Baby would be gone by the trade deadline.

So I'm done being sure Baby is gone.

Lol Hilary, good call. That fat cat has 9 Celtics lives.

11. Imran says:

What's his current pay? Trying to think how likely we are to get a proper center with the money from his contract. Dalembert or Nene for example. Thinking Chandler would be a bit too optimistic

12. Big Baby is an unrestricted free agent and The Celtics are over the cap regardless. Letting him walk doesn't mean that they just get that money back to spend.

TRADE TRADE TRADE BIG BABY DONT SIGN HIM AGAIN.... GET A SOLID PF, ....

BRING BACK SHEED, POWE, TONY ALLEN..... TRADE BAIG FART BABY...

15. Imran says:

I know that, but the total team salary comes down. I wanna know by how much

I want JAMAL CRAWFORD, AARON AFFLALO, TAYSHAUN PRINCE and NENE

Imran, he was getting $3 million this year:

To the last anonymous:

Where do I sign? Those 4 players would be awesome for us

19. DH says:

I really want Nene. He is aggressive and I think could work well with the C's.

But I have a soft spot for Big Baby. I love his goofy personality and I will never forget the Shrek and Donkey game last year.

Does anyone think Baby is suffering from losing his bench BFF, Nate, the same way Rondo was in a funk after Perk left? Baby and Nate were great together. Inconsistent, but when they were good they were really, really, good.

Yeah, bring back MJ, Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, John Havlicek!
    Get your head out of your ass, anonymous. 'Sheed weighs about the same Shaq does right now and he hasn't played basketball since 2009 probably (since I don't count one Final game effort as playing).

@DwainPrice
    Dwain Price
    Did Nate Robinson not like his stay in Boston?He said:"I don’t know what they miss. I don’t talk to nobody on that team besides Von Wafer.''

Seems like Nate didn't feel the same about Davis or the rest...

Jenda, you know you are not right. Sheed looks like this now:

:D

23. When Sheed is 50 he still won't be as overweight as Glen Davis. ALSO in that big disappointing year Wallace did more to help the team than BBD ever has.

Simply put Rasheed Wallace right now with his off hand is twice the play Davis is.

Jesse, were you drinking? How many games did 'Sheed win for the C's last season? And do you not remember the game Big Baby won IN THE FINALS? Shrek and donkey? Anything? 'Sheed was simply put disasterous.

Man Jesse hates Baby almost as much as TB hates Chris Wallace. lol.

never was a fan of big baby davis, lets get rid of him!! we need Perk back!!

I say if there are a lot of teams who want him then we should do a sign and trade

Uhhh, Rasheed over Baby all day. Nuff said.

yeah sheed over baby, sheEd can SHOOT 3'S, rebound, BLOCK, FIGHT on PLAYER/REFs, unlike BABY just crying crying.... Sheed is an allstar, baby is a baby star.LOL..TRADE TRADE TRADE