The Boston Celtics outplayed the Detroit Pistons in every possible way tonight, coming out on top 109-86.

Rajon Rondo recorded another impressive performance. Rondo dished out 17 dimes, scored nine points, and get this--committed 0 turnovers. Kevin Garnett continued to show his knee is back to 100%. He scored 22 points on 9-12 shooting from the field. Captain Paul Pierce added 21 points, while Ray Allen chipped in 16 of his own. Charlie Villanueva scored a team-high 17 points off the bench for Detroit.

The C's came out sharp in this one, dropping 31 points in the first quarter. Although they did allow the Pistons to score the last six points of the opening frame, Boston moved the ball well and set an offensive tone that they kept up for all 48 minutes of the contest.

Boston maintained it's high level of energy and finished with 57 points and a 13 point lead at halftime. Rondo scored all nine of his points and recorded nine of his assists in the opening half. He actually finished off the scoring before the break, nailing a three-pointer at the halftime buzzer.

Throughout the third quarter (and really the whole game) Rondo and KG showed off the chemistry they've developed over the past 3+ seasons. Their two-man game is better than that of any other big and little combination in the NBA today. Boston took a comfortable 88-68 lead into the final 12 minutes.

Although the Pistons were able to cut the C's advantage down to a dozen at one point, the game never got closer than that. Boston played hard all the way to the finish and walked away with a 23 point victory.

The Celtics play again tomorrow night, hosting the Milwaukee Bucks at 8:00 PM

Stephen Bailey 11/02/2010 10:35:00 PM Edit

TYPO 2nd paragraph - 31 points in the first QUARTER, not half. they had 57 at the half.

3rd paragraph actually ;)

3. I don't see the typo. It says 31 in the quarter.

"The C's came out sharp in this one, dropping 31 points in the first quarter."

Am I missing something? lol

I fixed it Stephen. It had said "half."

Rondo is just doing whatever he likes out there. Still would like him to shoot a little bit more when he's right at the hoop.

5. Ah thanks boss ;) He's playing the best basketball of his career. I think KG's re-emergence has really helped his game.

6. Kevin says:

KG looks GOOD out there. Back to his old self.

7. I just thought i’d report and let you realize your aticles is useful for disclosed the practical magic formula.I in reality adore your blog.In effect, the write-up is in inescapable fact the ideal on this worth while topic. I concur together with your final thoughts and will desperately search forward for your arriving enhancements. Just simply saying thanks will not just be enough, for that awesome lucidity with your publishing. I will immediately get your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates.Trustworthy work and very much accomplishment inside your do the job and company passion.Anyway always keep up the superior show results.Thanks a ton.

8. Kevin: You bet he does. He's getting so much more lift on his jumpers and it's making all the difference.

NBA Tickets: Thank you very much. I'm sure all the staff here appreciate that.

9. Three Toe says:

I am like very much this article as it appeals to my interests. You deserving total compensation editorial extravaganza shows, intelligent thoughts. The writings I read from this web.site enhance my feelings, and, passion, for departure at other articles; Thank you from my heart from the bottom ultimately warmth. Please click ongoing link my site great family happiness, and trust yourself finding great bargains with maximum excitement.

Hey did anyone see J.O. getting superior show results?!?! Ok, well maybe not SUPERIOR, but they were results.

Three Toe that is the funniest thing. Ever. Lmao

Anyone else notice how Boston beat up on Detroit, Lakers smashed the Grizzles, and the Heat demolished the T'Wolves?! (the leagues top 4-plus Orlando)
    HAHA! I wonder how much Orlando would have beat the Knicks by if their game wasn't postponed.. hmm...

12. This comment has been removed by the author.
  13. Haha Three Toe, too funny. JO did look pretty good. Let's see if he can do that on a regular basis.

3toe is that english? I understood the words you have used but failed to see any meaning. lol

More wins for the Boston Celtics!