For everyone excited to get the new NBA 2K11 Video Game (yep, I'm getting it for my outdated PS2) the individual player rankings for the game were released today. This is something that always piques the curiosity of many, including the players, who have gone out in the past to mention their ranking.

Looking at the list, the biggest things in my opinion are Dirk is too low (83), Durant is too low (91) and Wall is too high (81).  Carmelo is a 93; if anything I think him and Durant should swap those numbers.  I also think Ray Allen at 79 is a bit low and even Pierce at 83 could possibly be a bit higher, especially when you consider Stephen Jackson is an 84.  Them making Bean the same as LeBron and Wade is also not realistic as he's certainly not on par with either of those guys at this point of his career.

Personally I'm psyched for some of the All-Time Teams they will have (86 Celtics are in this game, no word on whether Greg Kite gave permission to use his image & likeness).

I'm also interested to see what rankings the subs have, specifically Jermaine, Shaq and Delonte West.

So what's your take looking at the list?

tb727 9/23/2010 08:02:00 PM Edit

1. Karl says:

Durant should be on par with anyone especially Melo. Did anyone watch him play this summer?

Yeah I mean obviously FIBA is not taken into consideration- otherwise Kleiza would be MUCH higher than his 55. That's very low- I expect Kleiza to average around 20 this year and to put on a show one game against Boston where he goes for 40 and the Raptors beat the Celtics.

I'll reference this comment when it happens lol.

3. Keith Peckerhead says:

I can't wait for John Wall to hit the Rookie Wall

I am also playing it with my PS2,tb :)) I hope they have included some new details and improvements over the 2k9 version. Of course I didn't get the 2k10 version with Kobe in the cover (no way I was going to watch that image of a winning Kobe for a whole year :P)

I think the ratings are quite low for some euro players, such as Jarebko (66), Calderon (72), Milicic (57), Biedrins (69)...

But I can't wait!!!! :) I love this game!

I don't like Kobe at all, but I would argue that he is on par with them. Not in a physical standpoint, but in leadership. The other two lead by doing. Their teams basically follow their lead and if they're doing awesome, victory is assured and they are all much more confident. By doing well, Kobe helps his team, but the team doesn't actually seem all that more confident in winning the game. They need other things to happen. His contribution on the court other than playing is not being afraid of telling other people on his team what they should be doing because it NEEDS to be done to win. Maybe that doesn't make up for all the differences in ability, but I tend to think leadership is greatly undervalued in basketball so I'd put him close.

6. paul says:

This must be wrong. There's a recent interview on ESPN with Rondo, and he says he is a 92.

So I think these are rubbish (Rondo must know, he is after all one of the promoters)

Haha me too Bohemian! I didn't get it because of that reason!

Anonymous- I understand your reasoning.

Paul- interesting, we'll have to wait and see!

8. fabrizio gabriele says:

if durant is 91 rondo will be 99?!!?

9. Liam says:

i see perkins is still extremely underrated only 72?!

Those Overall ratings are tricky. Player can be defensive stopper on either of two or three positions and still have Overall rating of 66 because of his offense. I remember the last EA Games NBA live for PC. I think it was 2008 and Rajon Rondo was 65 Overall, yet he was totally playable and it wasn't that hard to maintain him as a triple double guy throughout the season, thus getting him the MVP he deserves and TA was about 70 and his only ability was to drive the lane and dunk or hit a mid-range jumper with no one 8 feet around him. Yep, PC games are tricky.lol

Wow awesome find Bohemian! Shaq is a 77 and Nate is a 76. Jermaine is a 74. And Big Baby gets killed AGAIN- he's just a 64.

2K11 MUST take getting your own shots blocked very seriously.

Also I have a hunch it's not going to look as good on our PS2s lol

I know...but I hope they've improved some minor aspects, such as:

1. Commentators
    2. The pre-game images
    3. Rosters.
    4. Oklahoma Thunder instead of the Sonics
    5. Harangody in the game?

PS2 still rules :))

I agree the commentators are pretty lousy (then again, just like in real life lol!). I think I shut them off in my game but werent they Harlan and Clark Kellog for NBA 2K9?

Yes it's ridiculous they still had the Sonics that year instead of the Thunder.

From my past experience I think that the NBA Live (now NBA Elite) has been better at giving the more updated roster regarding rookies, etc.

And we're a dying breed, loving our PS2s lol.

Well those rankings were off. Not sure you played it Bohemian but it plays EXACTLY like NBA 2K9 did. Maybe there's just not anymore that can be done with the PS2 system. Can't change the players' numbers on their new teams so Delonte is #23 on the Celtics when I added him and Mario West is #6.

Plus it doesn't look like you can play a regular game with the 86 Celtics.

Count me as being displeased with what I've seen so far.

Well, finally I got the game and I was playing it like crazy :P

Good points:

1. Bradley and Wafer are in the game, and they actually look quite similar.
    2. The Thunder exist
    3. You can play some games with MJ and some of the players of back then
    4. There are some new moves, dunks an layups
    5. There's a little icon that helps with your D
    6. Pau Gasol has some beard lol
    7. The rosters are quite updated. You can play with most of the rooks
    8. The music is better
    .. and some more points I'm lazy to write about :D

Bad points:

1. The game presentations are the same, they should have added some details
    2. JO and Marquis still have the same look from years ago
    3. You can't play with the Celts of 85-86 for instance, against te Bulls
    4. The Garden still looks too shiny and not very realistic. Is it even called the Garden?
    5. Still no All Star Game. It would be nice.

Overall I like the little changes and probably there's little economical interest or technical possibilities to make bigger changes.Still, for PS2 it's a superb game. I love it!! :)

Yeah I don't know how you play with the old teams- can you unlock them somehow? The 86, 90 and 98 Bulls are the only ones you can access. And those teams have fictional benches which is lame in my opinion.

TD Garden is called "Celtics Arena" lol no idea why someone would pass on free advertising. And yes Jermaine and Marquis' hair styles are so 2006 lol

The thing is, if they've changed Gasol...why don't they do it with the rest?

It's a pity they really don't pay attention to the second round rookies, guys like Harangody aren't there...same for the Turkish rooks (Erden and the one in Chicago).

By the way, Wafer is better (at least so far) in the game than in reality LOL

Well do you notice Bohemian that they don't play like their ratings? Like Rondo is a 91 or 92 and is the highest Celtic but I feel Pierce, Allen, KG and def Shaq are all better. If you give it to Shaq inside in the game, he can't be stopped. It's too unrealistic how unstoppable he is lol.