The Boston Herald is reporting Paul Pierce has reached an agreement with the team for a reported 4 years and 61 million with options after the first 3. The deal will not be official until next week.(Note: New reports say the deal is not done and talks are still progressing)
This is great news for Celtics fans everywhere.  Paul Pierce in any uniform but the Celtics would just not be right. Now he is all but guaranteed to end his career as a Celtic and it leaves Boston with some money left over to go after another player.  Is Paul Pierce the superstar he once was? Maybe not. But he still is a big game player and can go head to head with any of the superstars in the league. I am ecstatic over this news and hope we can bring Ray back on the cheap for another run at the title.

Karl Dillinger 7/02/2010 09:45:00 AM Edit

1. Rays likely going to take longer because he commands interest from a lot of other teams. Reportedly, LeBron was trying to recruit him too. Issue with Ray is years not money. Can't give him 4 years too.

2. Ya true. Man, he'd fit great with Lebron, I sure hope that doesn't happen.

3. ThomasJ says:

Great news about Paul. For the reasons Mike gave Ray could be a different story and it will really test how much he wants to remain a Celtic.

wow...this is real good news!!!!

hope to see ray back with this celtics tooo!!!

5. ThomasJ says:

Doc and Paul staying should help keep Ray for another run.

6. I am never trusting the Herald again.

ray will stay in boston for his son, the hospitals, his family is here now. and he already said he would take a pay cut and a reduced role. resting the big 3 all season is key to another shot at a successful playoff run (maybe perk will be in good shape by then for us to BEAT LA in the finals without the refs giving a 21-6 FT advantage to the flakers) hey a girl can dream right?

8. At least! This is very good news!

From a brazilian sad fan. Celtics lost, Brazil lost, it's too much to handle.

9. Ya can't believe they lost! I wanted to see a Brazil-Argentina final.

10. I also wanted to see that. :(

I hope Argentina wins. Or Spain.

But let's talk about Celtics: do you think we have a real chance of being champions this year?

I don't want to suffer again, this was one of the worst defeats in my life. And I watch several different sports. :)

11. I'm refering to Celtics loosing to Lakers, of course. I'm not as sad today as I was on Friday morning after Game 7.

12. Depends on what we do this summer. Even if Ray signs, with the loss of Perk for potentially the whole season and the chance of a Lebron and Bosh going to Chicago it's going to be tough. But with the Celtics there is always a chance. They will at least be in the mix I think.

13. Patti says:

Ahhhh you made my day! Yes, we need to retain Ray and make our run...we can do this.

Pierce KG Rondo Ray2x Lee = another title run

if ray would be paired up with D-Rose or with another team with lebron... that will be our end.

16. I'm guessing Ray will stay with the Cs. And with the way Doc and DA are being active in rebuilding our winning team, I'm anticipating a solid lineup for the '10-'11 season..

17. That's it, Karl.

Argentina lost, but that's ok: Germany is the best team so far. :)

18. RoswellSounds says:

With Pierce´s green future guaranteed, there´s one less problem to solve. Let´s see what happens next.
    Ray Ray´s situation should be the next thing to approach...

David Lee? With the C´s? Right now! Sign it in blood, if that´s needed!!!

19. Ya, Lee would be a great addition!