What did you expect people? Did you expect the Celtics to just walk into L.A and get a win? Unfortunately it looks like the Celtics expected that. This isn't Cleveland or the Magic or any other team the Celtics have faced. This team has two legitimate All NBA players and the Celtics need to realize that or this series will be over quickly.

Let's not panic here. The Celtics showed they can come back from adversity in Game 4 of the Cleveland series and Game 6 of the Magic series. No one with any sense could have thought that Boston would come into L.A and win two. You hope for that, but the reality is it's just not going to happen. The goal for any road team is to split and I still think Boston can do that if they come out with more energy.

Where was the fire that we had seen all playoffs? This looked like the Celtics from the regular season. There was no hustling for loose balls or boxing out. There were errant passes, missed free throws, and just a general apathy from a team that had been on fire for the last month and a half. Was this an aberration or a sign that Boston has burnt out. Hopefully it's the former.

I can honestly say that I almost want the Lakers to lose more than the Celtics to win simply because I dread the month long love fest ESPN and the rest of the networks will have with Kobe Bryant. The reality is Pau Gasol is just as, if not more important than Kobe in this series. If we don't figure him out we're going to lose in 5. I really think it would take Gasol to average 40 a game and Kobe to average 4  for anyone but Kobe to win the MVP if the Lakers win.

Again, it's just one game. As bad as the Celtics played they were still within striking distance for awhile. Ray's not going to get in foul trouble like that again. KG will hit more shots. The Celtics as a team will cut down on turnovers, and the Celtics will come in a different team Sunday night.

Let's also try a different approach as fans. Instead of criticizing our team and being nervous about Sunday night, let's go in relaxed and hoping for the best. Let's enjoy watching our favorite team play the game we love. Just remember that at the end of the day sports are entertainment and not meant to get us down. Your lives will go on no matter what the result . However, I will admit life would be better seeing Kobe walking off in defeat a couple weeks from now.  Beat L.A.

Karl Dillinger 6/04/2010 12:34:00 PM Edit

1. DJISINTHEHALL says:

I think when Farmar ran up and stole the ball from Rondo (right before the half, Rondo just wasn't paying attention) sums up the whole night. Kind of weird that noone is talking about that play, since you think of Rondo as a Ninja and that doesn't happen to Ninjas

Loved the ninja analogy DJ!

3. i agree it's amazing how 1 game can have so many ppl changing the minds about us. Just like game 3 vs the Cavs when everyone was saying we lost that series and games 4 and 5 of the Orlando series. Its 1 game we can still take 1 in L.A. and have 3 homes games b4 we go back to L.A. people just want to be right so bad that they will switch teams from game to game we will see this multiple times this series

4. Agree completely Gilberto. People need to just chill out!

I gotta think both Cleveland and Orlando were real series too. I don't necessarily even believe the Flakers are better than either of those teams, although they played better last night

6. Ya agreed but they didn't have a second guy like Gasol. Gasol is freaking good.

7. ThomasJ says:

I totally agree about the apathy and lack of fire. Can't understand considering what's at stake.

Rondo must be feeling disabled because a ninja would fight through pain.

I know what you mean Thomas J. I can't understand it either, this kind of lack of aggressiveness in the finals.???

I can understand KG having a bad night, missing shots, being outplayed by the guy defending him, but Rondo...could Rondo just be very nervous?

10. DJISINTHEHALL says:

Rondo hasn't been right since game 3 of the orlando series.

He might be a little more banged up than we know. Not much attacking going on.

He is going to have to play well. Peirce has Crazy Ron Artest on him and it will be a tough time throughout for Peirce.

im fine. I kept not beleiving we were in the game with as bad as we were playing. Its the only good thing to come out of that game

I'm fine too. I'm happy we have a few more games to watch the C's!!!

12. Dave says:

How can you say the Magic series and Cleveland series weren't real?

Why do you criticize the team and then tell us not to and relax?

13. ThomasJ says:

Right DJ I can't imagine having that bad a game again especially the lack of aggression.

Rondo hasn't been right but we have to have him aggressive even if he's not going all the way to the hole.

Keeping Ray in the game is a big key. The defense just collapses with TA in there.

I tell you what going from Radmonovic and Turiaf to Artest and Bynum was a big upgrade for the Lakers. Us going from Posey, PJ, Eddie, and Powe to Rasheed, Finley, and Nate? Not so much.

Sunday is a HUGE game. We win and we are back on course. We lose and I put our shot at a title at around 10%. Must win game.

Nate needs to shoot. He passes up shots Eddie would never. T.A. is hurt and is not the same defender. Marquis needs to play. Could REALLY use Grant Hill right about now.

We need to RUN. The running game will expose the Lakers defense.

We might want to try doubling Gasol and Kobe. Suns had success with more of a zone approach. I have a lot of faith in Doc that he'll make the proper adjustments.

15. Karl says:

Good point Dave. Just saying I thought we were the better team versus the Magic and Cavs but that the Lakers have two superstars which can hurt us rather than just one or none. I didn't make my point that well,haha.

I'm not going to be negative. I won't criticize. Go C's.

17. The Coach says:

@ JR - Great call on Grant Hill. I was thinking about that watching the Suns in the first two rounds, can you imagine if he had signed with the Celtics? WOW.

I agree with Game 2 being a must win. Can not fall behind 2-0 to Kobe.
    We must play like wild men from the tip off tomorrow night, and I think we will.

I wish I had been more active on here the last few month but WE ALL must be positive here. What the Celtics have been able to do since the post season started has been real special. I am in no way saying lets just be happy we got this far, but what I am saying is that we will fight to the end and hopefully that gets us Banner 18. I love this team.
    Lets Go!!!

Gosh, we have to wait until tomorrow??? why can't the game be tonight? I'm unable to forget about game 1 and our revenge for game 2! aaah! :P

I know Bohemian. The two off days thing is a joke. And I'm hungry for revenge myself. I can't imagine KG. He might eat someone alive tomorrow. If I were one of those LA celeb types i might think twice before sitting in the front row at Game 2.