Unlike past free agents who were simply players, Lebron wants more power in his new location than he even had in Cleveland (where the owner essentially let Lebron play GM, but Lebron was still not satisfied). Lebron's people have been telling teams what coaches to hire and what players to get. The best story was Maverick Carter telling the Clippers that Lebron would go there in a package deal with a new owner. So in order to sign Lebron you might have to also give up your team right?
Well CelticsLife through some sleuth investigating has uncovered 10 more demands that Lebron and his team have for any team interested in signing him.
- Team's arena name must be changed to the "King James Center" prior to any sit down to discuss said team's interest in Lebron (Supposedly if Lebron doesn't choose that team, they may change their arena name back to its original name, but this hasn't been confirmed).
- New team must change a nearby town's name to Akron, so Lebron doesn't lose credibility for leaving his home.
- Team's head coach will be listed as "Associate Head Coach."
- A significant portion of remaining cap room must be spent on Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall.
- Teammates must sign contracts agreeing not to have sex with Lebron's mother.
- Team uniform colors should include the color "Le-Bron" (said in a more French way).
- If Lebron continues to come up short in the playoffs he will still be owed a championship ring each June. All of Lebron's entourage will also get rings unless they don't have good enough nicknames or they know about a teammate getting with Lebron's mom and say nothing.
- Lebron will be the only player introduced during home game introductions.
- Ball boys will make no attempts to have Lebron's warm-ups handed to them when he reenters a game. Ball boys will lie on the court and wait for Lebron to throw said warm-ups either in their face or in the complete opposite direction.
- (Lebron and his "team" get to choose #10. We'll let you know what they pick. Hopefully it doesn't require celticslife.com changing its name to lebronlife.com.)