A. Sherrod Blakely (I wonder if there's another Sherrod Blakely, hence the "A." lol) has reported that the Celtics and Michael Finley have come to an agreement, and Finley will be joining Boston.  The earliest Finley will be playing is Sunday vs the Wizards.

Not sure how he's going to get more minutes for the Celtics than the Spurs.  He is a better perimeter shooter career-wise than Marquis and Tony Allen, so maybe he can get some time.  Also whose spot on the roster does he take?  Scalabrine?  Shelden Williams?  Here's hoping he signed here because he wants to win a title this year.

tb727 3/04/2010 03:50:00 PM Edit

1. I'm content with that signing. I hope he takes Scal's spot. I see no room for Scal on this team to be honest. He brings nothing to the table. Zero.

I think Finley still has something to offer. He is still a better shooter than Marquis and TA, so that's one example of how he can be used.

2. It's also been reported on Yahoo! via Marc Spears' Twitter:

I agree Maestro- I picked Scalabrine's spot too in the poll. And I think it'll be Tony Allen that would lose the minutes.

Who knows maybe Finley can be the final piece to the puzzle somehow. And I'm happier that he's on Boston than say, the Flakers.

I must admit I haven't watched much of Finley, so not sure how much the 37 yr old still has in the tank. He seems to have fallen off a cliff with his shooting this yr as his 3 pt % is down to 31.7% for the season. I voted that he'd take Shelden's spot, because that's how I interpreted the question. obviously he should take Scal's spot.

5. Karl says:

It's a lateral move but there really is nothing to lose, so why not?

6. joseph says:

i dont have an idea who will he replace in the active lineup because of the depth of our team.shelden can crash the boards but cant score that much, scal is contributing but is not seen in the stats and can drain a couple of 3's and tony allen can score a bunch and defend obviously...

i must say that give these guys a break.they are doing their best to help the celtics have a WIN.give them minutes,shuffle the players,defend and rebound,pass the ball around and we will have a win and REST THE BIG 3 to preserve them for the playoffs.

Good signing, we need his shooting and he is a savvy veteran

Is Danny Ainge superstitious? Another player that was chosen in the draft with the 21st pick by Phoenix? (see Rondo and Robinson) ;)

Bohemian, I miss your rumors. Even thought the trade deadline has passed keep posting some. lol.

Yeah Celts should've picked Finley over E Dubs back in 1995 :)

Did the Jeopardy contestant get the question right?

Hopefully. Unless they mistook him for Rashard Griffith lol.

Btw: Rasheed, Rashard, Rashad- how many variations are there lol? I think there should be a Rashude and a Rashand...

Btw a championship caricature t-shirt with Finley on the Celtics would be money. I want that...

Can't you see it now in the Finals: "Finley's clutch jumpers make his old team Mavs cringe as Boston takes commanding lead in Finals 3-1 over Dallas" LOVE IT!

15. Three Toe says:

I don't like this at all. Who is this guy better than on our team? Scal, maybe? I don't want ANYONE else losing minutes to Finley, but that's impossible to quantify. Finley's 3PP might be a little higher than Scal's, but that is not going to factor into the final score the vast majority of the time, however we will be losing the massive jolt of crowd energy that is seen when Scal does ANYTHING remotely effective.

Thumbs down to this. Prove me wrong, Fins.

16. Three Toe says:

Coming back the above comment, perhaps Finley won't be fantasizing about lasagna when he should be concentrating on inbounding the ball, like some aforementioned individuals. And at least we can laugh when we see the lovechild of Chris Rock and Jaime Fox sitting on our bench.

17. ThomasJ says:

I'm not sure how much Finley will help but I am sure he is more deserving of a roster spot than Scal.

18. Margaret says:

TB: I have someone who could create the caricature pic; need help on the t-shirt part and getting it out there. Oh - and capital. ;-)

19. Margaret says:

oh... and I voted Scal on the poll too... used to love him a few years ago, just cringe now when he goes out there. Sure he can defend (at times?) but overall production certainly isn't of a professional caliber I'm thinking.

Thanks Margaret- but I want the official one, like when they win the title. Can't settle for anything less lol...