- Kevin Durant scored 30 points in the Thunder's loss to the Grizzlies which is his 17th straight game with at least 25 points. Only 8 other players in the league have 17 25-point games total this season.
- Dwight Howard, who was a 59.4% free throw shooter entering Friday, went 11-12 from the free throw line in Orlando's win over Sacramento. It was the 179th game in his career that he had at least 10 free throw attempts, but it was the first time among those 179 games that he made over 90% of his attempts.
- Boris Diaw went 0-5 from the field and did not attempt any free throws in 35 minutes of play for the Bobcats. This is the second time this season that Diaw has played at least 35 minutes in a game without scoring a point. The only other players to do that are Steve Blake (36 minutes) and Chris Duhon (39 minutes).
- Danny Granger went 14-14 from the free throw line in the Pacers' win over Detroit. Only Kevin Durant (18-18), Kobe Bryant (16-16), Michael Redd (15-15), and Dwyane Wade (15-15) attempted more free throws in a game this year without missing one.
- Ryan Gomes started and played 20 minutes for the Timberwolves but you would hardly know it. Not only did Gomes have 0 points, but he also did not have any rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, or even any turnovers.
- Congratulation to Tim Duncan who reached the 20,000 points plateau against the Rockets. Duncan did it by scoring 25 points and going 15-21 from the free throw line. The 21 attempts is the most ever by Duncan in a game and the 15 makes is 2 short of his career high.
- Another congratulations goes out to Hasheem Thabeet for picking up his 3rd assist of the year in the Grizzlies win over the Thunder. Thabeet still has a lot more minutes to play to catch the Thunder's Serge Ibaka who has 3 assists this season in 564 minutes. At Ibaka's current rate of one assist every 11.667 games, he would have to play every game through the 4257-4258 NBA season to catch John Stockton's all-time mark (that's not an exaggeration).
- Derrick Rose scored 32 points against the Suns and nearly all of it came from inside the arc. Rose made just one free throw and one three pointer while going 15-21 from the field. He becomes the only player this season to score at least 32 in a game without making more than one 3-pointer or more than one free throw.