For Ray Allen according to CSNNE.

While the Celtics have maintained repeatedly that they have no intentions of moving any of their core guys between now and the Feb. 18 trading deadline -- and I believe 'em on this one -- multiple league sources confirmed today that the Golden State Warriors are giving some thought to putting together a trade package that would involve Monta Ellis going to Boston in exchange for Allen.
For such a deal to work, the Warriors would have to include at least one additional salary. The most likely player to be included would be Vladamir Radmonovic, who has a player option after this season but isn't expected to exercise it.

More to come (trying to watch a game right now), but I'll throw an Alive mix tape up for your viewing pleasure.

JR 1/25/2010 09:06:00 PM Edit

This solves none of the Celtics issues right now. Their defense is the problem and not coincidentally, Ellis has no "D" in his name or his game.

He's an undersized gunner who puts up great offensive numbers on a terrible team and the worst defensive team in the league.

Count me as those who want absolutely nothing to do with this. It's a disaster.

And your entitled to your opinion tb :)

I think Monta would play defense out of the GS system and with KG and Thibs. He already has his contract so I think he'd sacrifice shots on the C's. I believe this move would extend our window four yrs with KG and Pierce as the vets and then We'd have a nucleus of Rondo, Monta and Perk to build around. I don't see how other teams could guard both Rondo and Monta.

I think that celtics should keep allen hes good. He's also one of the celtics best shooters.

i think tb is right. the C's need a wingman who can guard the likes of lebron, rashard, kobe, etc. plus trading rayray would just hurt the team on crunch time and on just being the "team". so i too agree, it would really mean disaster!

Ellis would be sick. Why would the Warriors give him up?

It also depends on the other player coming to the C's. Would it be Maggette, Radmanovic or Bell?

I would hate to see Ray go, but Monta is 23 and has tons of talent. I'm intrigued by this

Well the question is would you rather have Ray Allen for years 35-37 or Monta for years 25-35? Sometimes people are too caught up in past success. I mean the Celtics of the early 90's had names like Bird, McHale, and Parish, but did they win anything? Truth is we have a nice young star in Rondo. Another nice young borderline star in Perkins. Solid vets in Pierce and KG who are stars, but have declined some. I believe Monta would be the added youth and energy we need. And whose to even say that the Warriors don't buy Ray out?

We just barely beat the Clippers at home and have been looking poor against young athletic teams. Monta would fix a lot of that.

I'd rather have Ray from 37-52 than Ellis ever.

Danny would do this deal. He lived the end of the other Big Three and if he is offered a good deal he will do it.

If the package brings another interesting and athletic player, I would do it. But please no Radmanovic

And maybe Ray would get bought out and would return here in some weeks... I think I'm liking more and more this idea :)

You're a good man Bohemian. :)

One more plus to sway your opinion even further: With Monta we would no longer need a backup pg. Monta could swing over to the point guard position for those 15 a game. His versatility is key. A younger Ray Allen used to be able to play the point, but he can't anymore. Monta could.

Obviously getting a rested Ray back a month later in a buyout situation would make this even more of a slam dunk. I'd be willing to kick in a first round pick easily, since truth be told Monta is a much better young player than anyone we could draft late in the first.

hehe :)

That's a good point JR. Getting Monta would solve all our PG backup problems, plus it would move Daniels to his more natural position.

This is all getting very interesting, we'll see what happens. I bet Danny will wait til the very end of the trade deadline to decide what to do. Who knows? Maybe there are other offers waiting there ;)

Well according to ESPN trade machine a trade of Ray Allen for Monta Ellis and Raja Bell would work salary wise. lIke Vlad, Bell is an expiring contract, so the Warriors have no use for him and he should be healthy by the playoffs. Bell would solve the issue of our backcourt being too small that some are worrying about. Plus he's a top defender who gives Kobe fits. I'd love to see Fisher trying to guard either Monta or Rondo though.

All a moot point most likely as Don Nelson laughed off the rumor to the San Fran Chronicle beat writer. Then again the GM is the one who makes the trades..not the coach who's retiring at season's end.

14. McCoy says:

Monta Ellis can be a good back-up for Rajan Rondo.
    But it should be Tony (Allen) not Ray (Allen)in exchange. The Celtics can also can also package Eddie House and Scalabrine for Radmanovic.

Hey McCoy. Welcome to CelticsLife.
    Hypothetically if Golden State wanted out of Ellis's contract, we could trade Tony, Scal and House for him. I believe that would work financially.