Well it's fire sale time in D.C. and the hot rumor is Antawn Jamison to the Cavs for J.J. Hickson and Big Z's expiring contract. Ian Thomsen discussed this again in this post. Then I brought up the idea of the C's offering the Wiz, Big Baby and Ray's expiring contract, with the caveat that Ray would be bought out and return to the Celtics in a month. Truth be told a month off around that time would probably be good for playoff Ray. TB had previously brought up the idea of trading for Caron Butler earlier in the season. At that time though the Wizards had ideas of grandeur and weren't pointing fingers guns at each other. Based on age I believe it would cost more than Baby and salary relief to get Butler, but who knows. Also, obviously other players would have to be included in each deal for salary cap purposes.

The Celtics need to be proactive. The Lakers with Bosh or the Cavs with Jamison would be scary, so which deal would you pursue? Glen Davis and Ray Allen for Jamison, or Glen Davis, Ray Allen and a 1st rounder for Butler? Remember in each scenario, Ray Allen returns to the Celtics in a month. Feel free to comment on your reasoning for your vote if you like.

Credit to CelticsLife fan, Darryl Oliver A. Cabalu, for this awesome Caron Butler pic.

JR 1/16/2010 12:18:00 AM Edit

I voted for the Butler trade because I think it helps us more long term. With that said I think the Jamison trade is more realistic and the Wizards would turn down the Butler trade. That wasn't the poll question though, so thus my answer. And yes my photoshop job was half ass.

Actually the hell with both of these trades, know what the Celts need? KG from 2 years ago.

Right now I think most would settle for KG from a month ago.

4. Karl Dillinger says:

If the Cavs get Jamison they will win the East. Jamison is really freaking good.

Although I like Jamison a lot, I think we already have a lot of big forwards in this team. We could use Butler "à la Posey". He is really good and would make the bench look scary

i'm for trading sheed

7. i voted for the jamison trade, if we got ray back we could have jamison at the sf,pf, and maybe even at center if garnett is healthy, with kevin garnett at center, we have a more athletic line up, which gives us a good reson to put as at the top spot. im not changing the starting line up, but our back up would look scarier with jamison. pg:tony allen sg:house sf:scals pf:jamison center:wallace. ok ya scals aint that good, but come on now with the other 4, we could beat the nets, and maybe even the bucks startig 5. and add in giddens for the pg, or sg spot, were solid. now think about it, put perkins as a secondary wed put rasheed at the pf position, and put perks in the center position, moving garnett to the center for a ot less movement on that knee. get it. got it. good.

No! You cannot give him Montross' jersey

eja

I'd like to remember it more as McCarty than Montross lol...

I like to remember it as Orien Greene