Ray scores against the next famous expiring contract
Celts won this one, even though they trailed at halftime by 1 despite shooting almost 70%:
- Just like Pietrus and Lewis picked up shooting where they left off in Game 7, so did new Raptor Hedo Turkoglu tonight. I wonder if those 3 guys (along with Jason Richardson for that matter) would be perennial all-stars if they played for Boston. For the game he was 8-11 for 20 points.
- Refs botched up 2 obvious calls- the KG reverse layup should've been a continuation. Of course then Ray Allen didn't get fouled on the next shot he made but they called that to make-it-up. Secondly, Rondo's 3/4 court shot was ruled a turnover even though he threw it up because Bosh wrapped him up. How do all the refs miss that?
- I'm telling you I think there should be a 4th ref that watches the game on TV and communicates to the 3 refs on the floor when it's a missed call so blatant.
- Bargnani doesn't seem to have a pulse. I thought that contract Toronto gave him was ridiculous. Mark my words he'll be an "expiring contract" ready to be shipped in 5 or 6 years, whenever it's up.
- My NBA League Pass blacked out for the first 20 seconds of the 4th quarter. Was there some spectacular Paul Pierce dunk and subsequent technical foul? And then a tech on Doc? My feed came back up and Calderon was at the foul line for two technical shots.
- Jarret Jack annoys me. I detest little players who constantly jump into the bigger defender to draw contact and then get the benefit of the call. Chris Paul does this a lot. Jack does it every time he can.
- Boston shot 62% as a team for the game including 68 points in the paint. KG and Perkins were 6 for 6 and 8 for 8 from the field respectively.
- Quote of the night in this one from Mike Gorman: Jay Triano (Raptors Coach) looks like he should be teaching Economics somewhere LOL. Totally true, he just doesn't look like a basketball coach.
- Celts played well as a team in this one, and Gorman even mentioned at one point they were getting their swagger back and playing defense like "2 seasons ago." I can admit that 3rd quarter they looked excellent.
- What would really be getting their swagger back is sweeping these next 4 games this week in Miami, Charlotte, San Antonio and Oklahoma City. I could deal with winning 3, but all 4 would be really sweet.