2/06/2016 08:55:00 AM
As the Celtics were in the midst of chasing what was their best win this season, shocking the Cavaliers on an Avery Bradley buzzer-beater, there were 18 other teams in action last night. Here are 13 things you should know:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Nets (13-38) beat the Kings last night. The Celtics own the Nets unconditional first-round draft pick. Brooklyn has the third-worst record in the NBA. As of today, the bottom of the league standings are as follows:
5. Timberwolves 15-36
4. Suns 14-37
3. Nets 13-38
2. Lakers 11-41
1. 76ers 7-43
2. The Celtics (30-22) beat the Cavaliers last night. They are currently projected to receive the 23rd pick in the NBA draft. As of this morning, their complete list of picks include 3, 18, 23, 31, 35, 48, 51 and 57.
3. The Mavericks (28-25) were defeated by the Spurs last night. They are now on a three-game losing streak. Dallas is only a half-game ahead of the seventh-seeded Rockets and two games ahead of the Jazz, who are currently the eighth seed. Moreover, the Mavericks are only three games ahead of the Blazers, who are in ninth place. If Portland catches them, Dallas will be in the lottery. Dallas will convey their first-round pick to the Celtics only if it falls between 8-30. If Dallas' pick falls between 1-7, the conditional 2016 pick will become a 2017 first-round pick with the same conditions. This pick would be conveyed if the season ended today as they would be projected to receive the 18th pick in the draft.
ATLANTIC DIVISION WATCH
4. Celtics beat the Cavaliers 104-103.
5. 76ers lost to the Wizards 106-94.
6. Nets beat the Kings 128-119.
7. Knicks lost to the Grizzlies 91-85.
Atlantic Division Standings as of 2/6
New York 23-30
EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS WATCH
8. Winners: Celtics, Heat and Hawks
9. Losers: Cavaliers, Pacers and Bulls
Eastern Conference Standings as of 2/6
1. Cavaliers 35-14
2. Raptors 34-16
3. Hawks 30-22
4. Celtics 30-22
5. Heat 29-22
6. Bulls 27-22
7. Pistons 27-24
8. Pacers 26-24
10. Rajon Rondo played 35 minutes in the Kings loss to the Nets last night. Rondo shot 7 of 15 from the field and finished with 15 points, 15 assists and 3 steals.
11. Tony Allen played 19 minutes in the Grizzlies win over the Knicks last night. He finished with 7 points and 3 rebounds. Jeff Green played 29 minutes off the bench, shot 5 of 11 from the field and finished with 16 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
12. Paul Pierce played 20 minutes in the Clippers win over the Magic. He finished with 12 points and 3 rebounds.
UPDATED MOCK DRAFTS
13. NBA Draft Net released a new mock draft this week. They project the Celtics using their first-round picks on Dragan Bender (7’0 PF, Croatia), Henry Ellenson (6-10 PF/C, Marquette) and Demetrius Jackson (6-1 PG, Notre Dame).
WHAT'S ON TONIGHT?
Pistons @ Pacers
Pelicans @ Cavaliers
Nets @ 76ers
Mavericks @ Grizzlies
Bulls @ Timberwolves
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz
2/06/2016 08:55:00 AM