Apologies to all for failing to post the column yesterday. Over the last two nights, there were 14 games across the NBA landscape, including the Celtics disappointing home loss to the Pacers on Wednesday night. Here are things you should all know as we head into tonight's action:
2016 DRAFT PICK WATCH
1. The Brooklyn Nets (1-7) shocked the world, especially Houston, when they got their first win over the Rockets on Wednesday. On the bright side: (a) the team with the most ping pong balls hardly ever wins the lottery; and (b) if they can win in Houston, so can the Celtics next week. The Nets did not play last night. The Celtics own the Brooklyn Nets 2016 first-round draft pick.
2. The Timberwolves played the Warriors last night. The Warriors have Steph Curry. You know exactly what happened. Surprisingly, all four of Minnesota's wins have been on the road and all four losses at home. They did not play last night. The Celtics will receive the Timberwolves 2016 first-round draft pick as long as it falls outside picks 1 through 12.
3. The Mavericks bounced back from their loss to the Pelicans earlier this week with a win over the Clippers on Wednesday night. They did not play last night. Dallas is now 4-4 on the season. The Celtics will receive the Mavericks pick if it falls between 8-30. Dallas retains the pick if it falls between 1-7.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS WATCH
4. On Wednesday night, the Knicks played in Charlotte against the Hornets. After being in control for the first three quarters, they struggled in the fourth and lost a close one 95-93. They did not play last night.
5. The Raptors and 76ers did battle on Wednesday night in Philadelphia, with Toronto coming out on top 119-103. The 76ers are now the only winless team remaining in the NBA. Neither team played last night.
Atlantic Division as of 11/13
New York 4-5
FORMER CELTIC WATCH
6. Rondo had another triple-double on Wednesday night as the Kings beat the Pistons. He finished with 14 points, 15 assists and 11 rebounds.
7. Kevin Garnett played 12 minutes last night in the Timberwolves loss to the Warriors. Although he finished with 0 points, he did have 5 rebounds and 2 assists.
8. Paul Pierce played 20 minutes in the Clippers loss to the Suns last night. He went 2 for 4 from the field, and ended up with 5 points, 2 assists, 2 steals and 1 rebound.
WHAT'S ON TAP FOR TONIGHT?
Celtics host the Hawks at 7:30 EST;
Timberwolves at Pacers 7:00 EST;
Cavaliers at Knicks 7:30 EST;
Pelicans at Raptors 7:30 EST;
76ers at Thunder 8:00 EST;
Lakers at Mavericks 8:30 EST;
Nets at Kings 10:30 EST.
Follow Max Sandgrund on Twitter @SotoSpeakz Max Sandgrund 11/13/2015 11:38:00 AM Tweet Edit