The NBA Lottery is tonight. The fate of the team's future lies in the way a few ping pong balls bounce. As of this moment, the Boston Celtics have a 33% chance at landing a top 3 pick, and landing one of the prize assets of the 2014 draft. That could turn into a 100% chance, if you follow these 10 superstitious recommendations.
1. Wear Green
2. A wise man once said, 'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’ Boy do I remember that 2007 draft lottery… that look on Tommy’s face pretty much summed up Celtic nation. In true Irish Catholic self-punishment fashion, I will be wearing my 2006 Paul Pierce St. Patricks day jersey tonight. You need to relive that pain and anguish of the 2006-2007 season, with the 18-game losing streak and culminating with that draft lottery debacle. Everyone say 5 'Hail Marys’ and 10 ‘Our Fathers' for penance and reverse this thing tonight. (courtesy Matt Mackay)
3. Sacrifice a ping pong paddle as a sign of good faith to the ping pong ball gods
4. Stare into a picture of Andrew Wiggins while listening to Savage Garden's 'I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You.'
editor's note: it is VERY important that you do this in a place you can't be distracted. Just a momentary glance away from this picture could cost this team BIG
5. "Remember Lost? Remember the numbers? 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Well, since the lottery balls are numbered from 1 to 14, we need to do a little bit of re-writing by adding up the digits of the unqualified numbers: 1+5+1+6 = 13. 2+3+4+2= 11. That gives us 4, 8, 11, 13. Check out the winning combinations for the Celtics. Specifically, check out #58.
From this point on, I will start seeing those numbers everywhere. I will probably drive myself crazy in a week, but it's going to be worth it. I'll just keep on whispering: Four, eight, eleven, thirteen. That worked great for everyone on the show." (courtesy Burak Tekin)
6. Watch/Endure the movie 'Celtic Pride.'
7. In the original Superman movie, after Louis Lane plummets to her death Superman flies so fast in the opposite direction of the earth's turn that he is able reverses time and save Louis.
For Celtics purposes wear a Ron Mercer jersey and continuously do a reverse spin move in an attempt to undo the wrongs that were done to this franchise in 1997. It'll also server as a homage ton Ron Mercer, who for all his shortcomings, had an awesome spin move
8. Wear your favorite pair of Celtics sneakers, hold a shamrock, and hope
9. Listen to 'Pride (In The Name of Love),' pause it before Bono says 'Pride' in the last verse, and yell 'Celtic' before. So, to be clear, Bono sings 'They Can Not Take Your' you pause it yell 'CELTIC!' and then resume the song. Don't worry, your neighbors won't mind.
editor's note: Alternatively, if you're hoping the Boston Celtics draft Australian sensation Dante Exum, listen to Beyonce's 'XO' and yell 'EXUM!' instead of 'XO.'
10. If you are of age, buy a 4 pack of Guinness. Drink 1, save the other 3 just in case these superstitions don't work (but they totally will.)
got your own superstitions, leave them in the comments below!
MattDotRich 5/20/2014 12:56:00 PM Tweet Edit