Yesterday evening Marc J. Spears of Yahoo Sports reported that Rajon Rondo was targeting next Friday, January 17th as a potential return date, when the Celtics host the LA Lakers. Before last night's game both Rondo and his coach denied there was any truth to this. Via Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe:
“I’m not sure where that came from," Rondo said of the report Friday before the Celtics played the Golden State Warriors at Oracle Arena here. When asked if he had any targeted return date at all, Rondo said, “Honestly, I don’t.”
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said talk of any potential return date for Rondo was news to him. “I have not heard that from him or from anybody who would have that information," Stevens said.
Said Stevens, “We never talked about a specific date. I haven't heard from our organization that a date was targeted."
Earlier in the day Rondo had said he would come back before the All-Star break, but probably wouldn't know until waking up one morning and deciding to play.
Follow Mark Vandeusen on twitter @LucidSportsFan
Mark Vandeusen 1/11/2014 01:34:00 AM Tweet Edit