Marshon Brooks and Jordan Hamilton both fell to #25, so Danny had his choice of either. He took Brooks, but promptly traded him to the Nets for the #27 pick and a future 2nd rounder. Hamilton got picked #26 and was traded for Rudy Fernandez. C's end up with big man JaJuan Hamilton.

So the question is if given the choice of Marshon Brooks, Jordan Hamilton, Rudy Fernandez, and JaJuan Johnson would you have taken JaJuan?

JR 6/23/2011 10:17:00 PM Edit

Kool- now I want a championshipppppppppp ;)

2. Rondo>DFlower says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4 for anyone who wants to see him in action.

Nice, really nice, now if we can bring a Jordan Williams my day would be perfect

really wanted marshon brooks has the making of being a star...could've gotten a big man in free agency(nene hilario)

i liked marshon brooks but jajuan isn't bad either

6. CM21 says:

KG will mentor him to be great

7. shelbyl says:

I don't know if Rudy would be willing to play in Boston. We've heard that he's like another Big Baby in terms of asking for a bigger role constantly.

I like what I see in JaJuan, and I think KG is gonna carve (intentional word choice) a good player out of him.

Very happy w the pick. Again Master Angie does a great job getting wht he wants + some good assets to trade for a player he wants in the future. Strong work

Job well done Danny! Brooks is a ball hog, no defense whatsoever. Think Nate Robson, score lights out, but can't guard nobody!

10. CM21 says:

We know after this Glen Davis response to the media will be this. "I don't know what my role is going to be for this team this year". LOL i can see it already, honestly either u suck it up and accept ur role here or just go man. after ur recent playoffs choke vs miami and new york good luck signing with a tittle contender other than us, unless he just wants money. And by the way i dont think any other team other than us will allow you to be "glen davis".

As a Purdue fan via my dad and a C's fan via the Ray Allen deal, I love this, and didn't see it coming at all

Sure would be nice if Doc actually gives him a chance.

13. CM21 says:

^ are you kidding me ?? why wouldn't you give him a chance. lool we are in lack of big and your saying lets put this guy on hold? lol haha that's funny man, Unless we somehow get a good free agent center they will throw this guy into the fire!!. KG will help him don't you wrry! I have a feeling JO will have a good impact this year. He played excellent when healthy. he wont go quiet, least I hope

I don't hate the pick, but I feel that Danny passed on better players based on the need to draft size. Drafting by need is never a smart move. It's also another casualty of losing Perk and Semih. Those were our only two young big men.

15. Kelvin Cato says:

I'm a thousand times better than DeJuan Johnson

16. Acie Earl says:

Me and JJJ have similar games!

Hope you're right, but Doc doesn't have a good history of throwing rookies into the fire. I still think Bradley can be a really good player if given more minutes. Just HAVE to give these young guys an honest chance to see what they're capable of.

Hoopshype's comparison is Maceo Baston lol:

Geez I'm psyched :p

19. shelbyl says:

"We didn't think he'd be there and he was. He's a terrific shooter for his size. We like his upside."

That's what Doc said about him. I feel like Doc has more of a say in this than Ainge, since Ainge is usually a guy who drafts on talent & plans than on need.

20. I honestly can say that the Celtics Always do a good job when it comes to trades so I trust in JaJuan. But man oh man, Marshon would have been truly amazing. We'll see where we go though, no matter what, 18 what ? 18th Championship !!! [=

As someone who watched everyone of JJ's games for four years at Purdue, I can say that Maceo Baston is a terrible comparison.

He'll hit the 18-foot J, block shots, play a lot tougher than his skinny frame would suggest, always beat his man down the floor in transition and finish on the break by jumping over everyone.

As a Purdue fan and not a Boston fan at all, I was hoping for JJ's sake that he would end up in Boston because I thought it was the best fit of all 30 teams for him, and obviously he's stepping into a winning and class organization.

Somewhere else TB they compared him to Harvey Grant.

23. shelbyl says:

tb727, hoopshype also listed him as a SF whereas every other source I checked says he's a PF, so I wouldn't trust their comparison that much.

24. shelbyl says:

I would take pre-Portland Harvey Grant in a heartbeat. Which version of Harvey Grant was he compared to?

The retired Harvey Grant. J/k/ Well they only compare guys to guys who actually made it. You don't see them comparing guys to Gabe Pruitt. lol. This kid is worth a shot.

jj reminds me of kevin durant for some reason. it because he is a big guy that can shoot really well

Marshon Brooks is an LAL fanatic. Nuff said.

Yeah so was Paul Pierce! Danny Ainge sucks goat scrot, should've taken Brooks!

I like this pick. Danny DOES NOT suck goat scrot!!!

What the hell is goat scrot? Once I know I can better predict whether or not Danny sucks it.

31. WShaw says:

I am with a lot of the others here. I prefer Brooks but Johnson isn't a terrible pick.Having Brooks come off our bench and groomed behind Pierce and Ray would have been nice. I think the ceiling is higher for Brooks but Johnson fills a need and will probably be less of a headache for Doc to coach. Brooks in Jersey is going to be a monster.

32. alscorcho says:

why the scrot(um) of a goat of course JR!

Goat Scrot is the funniest thing I've ever read!

34. steven says:

ive never been a fan of johnson. i think he's way to skinny. i would've kept brooks, he has better potential.

35. I don't think it's really worth getting up OR down over. Hasn't this draft been unanimously decided as maybe the worst in 10 years? Chad Ford ranks drafts in tiers, not a single player was in the top tier. There's not one all star in the draft. I think Danny should've tried to trade out of the round into next year, which is probably what they tried to do. We'll see what triple Js can do but I wouldn't put any expectations on a number 27 pick in a WEAK draft.

I agree with Mike Saver. This draft has been considered one of the worst, even worse than the 2000 draft. I don't even like Rudy Fernandez but I would've moved the pick for him since I know what I'm getting.

I'm thinking this guy has Malcolm Mackey written all-over-him lol.

this dude wont do shit, we should have got jon leuer. dude is 7 feet and wets threes

I don't think Danny sucks goat scroat in so far as making this pick is concerned. It looks like they took the best player available and at the very least JJ will be able to come off the bench for an NBA team and work hard. He has an NBA ready body right now. You can't ask for much more than that with the 27th pick. I think Danny did suck goat scroat by casually tossing away young players like Walker, Erden, and Harangody.

JaJuJo sounds like an awesome nickname.

40. QD says:

Everyone was crying about size, now you have it and still not happy. Can't please ppl for shit. As far as weight... he has 3 months, maybe longer to pick some up. Give it chance, he's there, Brooks isn't.

As far as Jon Leuer NEG: Lacks strength... Not explosive athletically... Just an average rebounder for his size.
    POS: Sweet shooting big man... Deep range on his jumper... Good ball handler... Can create off the dribble... High basketball IQ 18.3pts 47%fg 84%ft 7rbs 0.5stls 0.9blks

J Johnson POS: Needs to add strength to his frame... Still developing a low post game... Questionable basketball IQ.
    NEG:Long, athletic big man... Good shot-blocker... Explosive leaper... Quick, runs the floor well... Nice mid range jumper 20.5pts 49%fg 80%ft 9rbs 0.9stls 2.3blks

There's small difference's in the two, but not enough to say one won't do shit and the other will. Unless 2inches, 3Lbs, and wetting trees makes a huge difference.

41. jajuan for sure. he as the playing style of KG and with KG as his mentor he has the potential to be a great asset to the C's in years to come