This is the 2nd time that the Captain has tossed the gum this season (or the 2nd time caught on film we should say). The league fined him 15K for the first offense. Hopefully they're too busy dealing with reviewing Dwight Howard technicals to notice the repeat. Ironically Pierce's initial gum launch also came in Indiana (see video after the jump). Personally I think Pierce actually makes a conscientious effort to avoid the appearance of him "throwing the gum" this time. Much more of a gentle discard this time around. I'd set his fine at $37.20 cents only for this and/or Pierce must scrape off gum from under some middle school desks.

JR 3/30/2011 08:22:00 PM Edit

1. Beantown says:

I saw this the other night and thought it was out of character for Pierce but it wasn't the first time I saw someone do that either. Realistically, he should should be fined for it because it's just kind of disrespectful to the game, the arena, and the fans in my opinion.

Let me get this; you wish Pierce not to be fined and yet you place a whole article with proof of the obvious. Ironic...db

3. DH says:

If Pierce will get fined, maybe he will pull a Shaq with his reaction:

Idiot.

This is like announcing on facebook and twitter that you are leaving your house for an extended vacation and all the doors and windows are unlocked....

Im sure the captain does not like informers....

I think the person above summed this up best.

"Let me get this; you wish Pierce not to be fined and yet you place a whole article with proof of the obvious. Ironic.."

what a loser...show some respect. you don't hear about any other players behaving like 12 year olds in a youth league.

Who cares?!
    The Celtics are history anyways!

8. Keith Peckerhead says:

Yes it's just like announcing that you're leaving your doors and windows unlocked. :/ Are you serious anonymous?