The Globe's Gary Washburn shared some of his conversation with Nate Robinson on twitter this evening. Nate talks about the trade and also gives some insight to Perk's reaction to the move. Needless to say, Perkins took the whole thing very hard.

"I will never be surprised about anything. Especially with the trades and what everybody else is doing," Nate told Washburn. "I had a blast. The fans were great. They welcomed me with open arms. I had tough shoes to fill with Eddie House. I talked with Doc, I talked with Danny. It was a business move. I'm happy. It's cool. Now I gotta figure out what number I'm going to wear."

While most Celtics fans aren't exactly going to lose sleep over Nate's departure, Perkins was the big surprise of the day. Perk has been one of the core members in the Celtics' recent run of success and his trade today blindsided everyone around the league, including Perk.

"He's taking it pretty hard because he's been here 8 years. He was real emotional, crying. I feel bad for him," said Robinson. "He's been in real tied in with Rondo and other guys on the team. I feel his pain. With Perk, everybody thinks he's mean because of how he looks but he's a soft giant. He has a good heart, he's a good person. I told him he's not alone, 'We're going (to OKC) together. It's not like you'll be by yourself, you got me right by your side. We're going to make it work together.'"

Mike Saver 2/24/2011 07:09:00 PM Edit

I feel like crying too. Out of all the teams out in the west though, OKC is the most likable. I hope they beat LA

2. Perk wouldn't be going anywhere if he agreed on extension. Ainge offered it to him before he even came back to play.

3. I love Perk. Sad to see him go.

4. The Coach says:

I am starting to understand more of the reasoning behind the deal but my personal feelings for what Kendrick Perkins gave to the Celtics can not be measured properly in words. I have watched and rooted for Perk every step of the way. He worked so hard to become a starter in this league, and a damn good player at that. Let's see what Danny does to plug these roster spots, obviously Murphy is the guy the Celtics are chasing. I can only hope Perkins finds his niche with his new team.

5. maui girl says:

im crying!im gonna miss perk,nate not so much.this is just sad!

Boston Celtics is the best team in the league for more reason than being champs, the bond is truly amazing I love that team ! It will be so different not to see nate or perkins in that white n green in thr finals winning that championship ugh !!! Good Luck

7. Danita Roshonda Cozart says:

I ACTUALLY DID CRY! YOU'RE NOT ALONE PERK! I love you, no matter where you go. Thanks for all you've done for us. You wont be forgotten.

I cannot believe this. I feel like we are giving up on the season. Congratulations Miami Heat.

Jesse is right on that. He said he didn't plan to go anywhere, but his agent recommended he waited it out to she his real worth... now he's gone. I'm in shock, though. This will be a tough transition to the real Celtics' fans. But the good news is, I don't think LA is going nowhere near the West Finals this year!

They do say BOSTON IS A BROTHERHOOD!

11. glitterchick says:

Ainge is an ass. This is the guy you WANT on your team. You want to win a championship-this is EXACTLY the guy you want on your team. He isn't bragging or acting like a jerk. His play says enough. I never saw a player take getting injured so hard as I did the day after game six. He was so dejected talking to the press. Celtic fans remembered that when he took the court for the first time this season. Too bad Mr.Ainge diddn't. Shame on you Danny.

12. glitterchick says:

Nice words by Nate. Very classy.

Perk I cried too at work seriously, I'm from Beaumont where we are from we take pride in every opportunity we get, Love you Perk your REAL city is always behind you. Keep your head up and make Ainge regret losing you!

I just do not believe this! Why trade the only center that can play and if rondo gets hurt who will play guard west is still out wth

15. clutch_9 says:

I am a DIE HARD Celtics fan, and this trade has to be one the WORST in team history. I understand the Nate Robinson trade, because it was expected, but honestly, why on this earth would Danny want to trade Perkins.

Pause... If it wasn't for Perkins in last year's finals, we wouldn't have made it so far.
    If it wasn't for Perkins TREMENDOUS defense on Dwight Howard, we would have beat Orlando 2 years ago
    If it wasn't for th Bond that Perkins and Rondo had, Rondo wouldnt be here...and if Rondo wasnt here, THIS TEAM WOULD NOT BE IN EXISTENCE.

s0 Danny, thanks a lot. i hope to God someone choke you to death for this move. you're an a**hole.

not to mention Doc's philosophy that NO TEAM HAS BEATEN BOSTON'S STARTING 5 IN A PLAYOFF SERIES BEFORE. Does this mean Danny is trying to make us loose?

Will miss nate robinson...he is a class act.

17. shelbyl says:

First of all, we need to understand one thing: Perk wasn't traded for fun, or because Krstic is better or sth. Perk was traded because he was going to walk away at the end of the season. Ainge gambled this season so that he could get sth in return for Perk without having to sacrifice much.

Is it going to work? We don't know. Who are we going to get off the buyout market? We don't know. Is this trade disappointing? Yes.

Yet let's not react like Ainge just wanted to mess with Perkins. It was a business deal, and if Ainge is to be blamed, he is to be blamed on the business part of the action. I'm sure he wasn't happy at all to execute this trade.

18. kgformvp says:

Good luck with your knee Perk, we all will miss you and thank you for what you have done for the Green jersey

19. shelbyl says:

Oh, I also firmly believe that after trading an important player mid-season, a team that depends on Ubuntu won't be able to successful, so my dreams of hanging Banner 18 are mostly crashed. For that I'll never forgive Ainge myself.

Yet as the song goes: You can't always get what you want.

Wow, krishit???? Really? are u fucking kidding me? Jeff green in my opinion is completely overreated. Garbage. Atleast trade for danny granger you stupid bitch! Perkins solidified our defense and helped re-juvenate kg's d as well. =/

i havent felt this sad since the day bigge was shot!!! Smh

22. Neil Anderson says:

I don't think Perk was gonna walk at the end of the season (or i think he was just gonna do what Pierce did and reject the extension to get more money) now that I heard he cried when he found out...that just shows how much he loved bein here and how much he wanted to win with this group of guys

Doc must be pretty upset, that was the starting five that he kept together no matter what.

24. If you think it's tough to see Nate go, then this summer your going to think it's tough to see Nenad go. Obviously there is emotional attachment to these guys but every season your going to have to give something up in order to get something.

I will miss Perk and i wish him the best in Oklahoma, or wherever he signs this off-season. Nate Robinson played his part on this team and it didn't work out, i'll miss him too. My excitement for Jeff Green and young players like Avery Bradley outweigh both of that.

Screw "it was a business deal" at the end of the day, they are not just "basketball players" they are human beings too, they build bonds, loyalty, and draw strength and the desire to win as a whole. You can forget about "18" Ainge f'd up BIG TIME! Doc looked MISERABLE talking to Mike pre-game. KG, Pierce, Allen, won't talk to the press. Wasn't the reason Doc agreed to come back for another year was because he felt he could give it one last run w/these 5 guys? Was Danny not at the final's game we lost in part b/c Perk got injured? The whole thing is bullshit. Green may be diverse blah, blah, he can't defend like Perk, work the boards like Perk or rebound like Perk. JO was a big enough mistake, Shaq's status is iffy and you trade Perk????? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!! SO PISSED.

26. shelbyl says:

OK scratch what I said above. Ainge seriously believes that he made this team better this year with these trades, that's what he said in his interview.

You just don't trade your starting Center and signature man and expect the team to get better.

Celtics were doing great unless they played back-to-back. We beat the Heat, we almost beat the Lakers with 8 men.

This is not good. This doesn't feel right.

I will miss Perk! He has done good for the Celtics Team. Goodluck in OKC.

28. Vince says:

I can't believe that we traded Perk. He was a cornerstone of our defense in the middle. Nate, Luke, Quis, & Erden gone. I hope that Danny picks up some solid players to fill out the roster after March 1st.

WTF guys! Perk was the face of the Celtic's D! I really don't know if we r going to stand like we used to with Perk down there. He's a tough guy n I hope he beats LA there too! Beat LA

I thought we were like a family! You just don't throw a member of ur family away! Something is missing, something is wrong. Good luck Perk, we love ya!