Just heard the draft pick part on WEEI. Pick was owned by OKC and included in the Perk deal. Lottery protection on the deal. The Murphy part is via Chris Mannix.

Marquis traded to Sacramento for cash.

JR 2/24/2011 03:45:00 PM Edit

ahh i feel much better, just a little bit though.

dRU

Yep Murphy's definitely heading to Boston:

I dont... I want Perk back!!! Danny better have plans to bring Perk back at the end of the season as he was saying with Marquis Daniels!!! There better be some talk of that or ELSE, I'll be real upset forever!

4. shelbyl says:

I just cannot get over the loss of Perkins.

Agreed Shelbyl

At least we are going to get Murphy too, apparently...

6. shelbyl says:

We could have gotten Murphy without Nate and Perk deal though.

And no sense to giving away Erden. He had a future.

8. Neil Anderson says:

yea i dont feel better at all...i'll feel better if we get perk back

9. shelbyl says:

Marquis is gone to Kings for cash, source says.

I just saw it...what do we get from Sacramento?

Yes, Erden had upside and was really...ah nevermind... I need a drink :P

11. shelbyl says:

Ok, here's my conspiracy theory:

Perk's knee is done for, Ainge and Perk knew it and downplayed it, and so we're trying to rip Thunder off.

Now I know why people are keen on such theories. They actually make you feel better.

This is devastating...

is it over...
    not what i expected

We needed a 3 to back up Pierce and we got that in Jeff Green, our THE 3 5 pick in the draft a few years ago we traded to seattle for Allen. Murphy has a deadly 3 points shot from the corner, and when he was a Warrior he was a great player to watch, great attitude and was pretty versatile and he was always hustler.

Haven't seen him in years so I can't say what he is like today.

lol shelbyl. Made me feel better.

Ok Im drinking all night long, we basically just gave LA another chamionship Congrats Kobe on your watever number ring SMH, yall sure Danny Ainge is working for the Celtics?? Love you Perk and Nate that team is about to be great!

17. shelbyl says:

This just in: Rivers is gonna play as Center tonite against Nuggets.

18. ThomasJ says:

Murphy's best is probably behind him and even at his best he would do absolutely nothing to shore up the D.

The best thing this deal accomplishes is keeps him from becoming needed filler on the Heat's roster.

shelbys hilarious, docs nice lmao but seriously thoo why did we trade perk? i dont care bout nate honestly he sucked this season but i love perk there was no need to get rid of him and maybe rasheeds comin back....

heres my take and i only say this because im grasping for a bit of sanity...

perk was offered and extension he rejected it and took a knee blow... like stated above it was probably downplayed for him to be shipped out.... (im hoping we get some buyout players to fill the holes we opened up on the bench but time will tell)

obviously this is perks last year on contract and he wants big money next year.. what OTHER big will be on the market next year also looking for big money? HOWARD... now it makes me sick to think of him in green but hes a force none the less... if were gunna pay big money to a center we might as well be in the dwight howard race right? even if that falls through perkins will be out there to chase as well juss saying... i dunno what that does for us this year tho ha

I am just utterly shocked. Ainge must of felt we were unable to keep Perkins after this year. So he got something for him. That or he figures he can just sign him back after the season and got Green for nothing. Or for hurting our championship dreams for one year. I like LUKE and am sad to see him leave me makes me think of big baby with his hustle but a better shooter. I would of loved to see him develope more. All in all, I think these moves are attemps to put us in a position to restock via free agency in 2012. the East has become over powered and now we are the old big three. I dont know. We better get some other players that make us better and not hurt the bank for improving next season and the year after. JD>

22. I still cant believe that Perkins and Robinson left. I dont want Murphy to go to the Celtics. We dont need him. My twitter is @JulioCeltics

23. dhegarty says:

confused as the rest of you guys. Both those centers were solid and worth the cash. OKC and the Cavs both have what we need right now ...tall young centers we can play