Let me start by saying I like Dwyane Wade; I like his game and he's humble out there on the floor for the most part.  Everything the new Big 3 in Miami say this year will be blown out of proportion so let's get the ball rolling with his comment from today.  Here's the quote that's running around on the internet:
"If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again.
And here's his actual quote:
"there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games."
The backlash is already starting to build and this hasn't even been out for an hour.  I don't think Dwyane Wade was comparing the Heat losing a couple games to the World Trade Center disaster.  He could've said the "end of the world."  But people will make this a bigger deal than it is.

Thoughts?

tb727 7/18/2010 06:21:00 PM Edit

Fuck that puffy lipped prick

2. Lorilei says:

I've always thought Wade was a cool guy. And I'll be honest, I few minutes ago and the quote I saw is the shorter one that's going around.

My initial reaction was, "...What?" That is... until I came here and saw the actual full quote. It's not that bad. But man, Wade was getting a lot of hate on twitter for the "shorter" quote a few minutes ago...

3. Karl says:

Blown way out of proportion. Typical media stuff. If the Heat don't get a bench they will be losing more than 2-3 in a row.

What if any of 3 got injuried?????

Yeah seems to me that the quote wasn't as bad as the original tried to make it seem.

Regarding their bench they have Mike Miller, Adonis Haslem, James Jones, Juwan Howard, Joel Anthony and their rookies so far and their not done yet as every ring chaser is hoping they pick them to join the team. As things stand now they look to have a better bench than Boston, which is tough to swallow considering they probably have the three best players between our two teams. Trust me, this Super team is going to be tough to beat.

6. This kind of comment makes the 2010 defeat worse... And we are not getting ready for the next season. :(

I wish the guys in Miami have some problems with their egos, or someone get injuried in the playoffs. Am I a bad person?

Anything is possible in a league in which the referees make it so tough for the Celtics to win (see the Lakers referees) and in which guys like Lebron or Dwight are allowed to do whatever they want. In this kind of league, the Heat are clear favorites to win the ring. I guess the only chance is to play them tough and wait til they "auto-explode" with the lack of brain and excess of ego of the trio.
    The Heat are just another joke of the league and in a normally ruled competition they would not even make the Finals. LA, Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix...many other squads are more teamlike and are scarier than this Miami team. If it wasn't for Stern they wouldn't be so scary, trust me

8. Karl says:

Miller and Haslem will start though or at least Miller will. The rest of those guys are garbage but still Miami is going to be extremely tough to beat if the Celtics don't add a couple more players. Sucks.